Osama Bin Laden is dead

The nature of the photos are said to be fairly graphic.

Graphic photos can have a tendency to bring out an emotional response.

Regardless, it comes down to opinion. And for Obama (and any other leader in his position), the risk of an attack outweighs the pros.

Call me a sheep, but I think he has a legitimate point.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

lol at not wanting to incite Muslims. Are people really this gullible?

But what about from the perspective of a politician up for re-election?

Any future attacks would surely be tied to the release of the photos, and he'd be to blame.

No politician would take that risk.
How so? Pictures of Osama dead won't make them any more mad than they already are being the fact that he is dead.
Just put this into perspective. When 9/11 occurred, we all heard the stories of people jumping off the towers to their death. But when we all saw the actual footage of people jumping, it created another emotion that you just can't get without looking at the actual footage. I know I was extra emotional after seeing the video. So, I guess it makes sense not to release the photos though I would really like to see them. 

Any future attacks would surely be tied to the release of the photos, and he'd be to blame.

How so? Pictures of Osama dead won't make them any more mad than they already are being the fact that he is dead.
Just put this into perspective. When 9/11 occurred, we all heard the stories of people jumping off the towers to their death. But when we all saw the actual footage of people jumping, it created another emotion that you just can't get without looking at the actual footage. I know I was extra emotional after seeing the video. So, I guess it makes sense not to release the photos though I would really like to see them. 

Is it possible Osama could have been dead a LONG time ago? you know, so we can have a reason to still stay over there?

Is it possible Osama could have been dead a LONG time ago? you know, so we can have a reason to still stay over there?

Originally Posted by wanksta23

THats what a lot of people think. I have a few army friends who think Osama died a few years ago and despise Bush for sending them there. 

Originally Posted by wanksta23

THats what a lot of people think. I have a few army friends who think Osama died a few years ago and despise Bush for sending them there. 

bush-mission-accomplished.jpg
obama-thinking.jpg

People would be able to use the photos as propaganda to recruit new members.

I think at this point I would be happy with any photo. Like his legs in the house. Just photoshop his head out. Just show me something to prove he was there. Show me his body wrapped on the ship

Why werent thousands of pictures taken. Why are we saying "the" picture like there is only one. Just don't put out the graphic one. But any proof would help

I think at this point I would be happy with any photo. Like his legs in the house. Just photoshop his head out. Just show me something to prove he was there. Show me his body wrapped on the ship

Why werent thousands of pictures taken. Why are we saying "the" picture like there is only one. Just don't put out the graphic one. But any proof would help

CallHimAR wrote:

You don't think BIN LADEN DEAD printed on every newspaper in the world is enough propaganda?  The fact that we were celebrating his death? There isn't any reason not to release the photos. WE CHOSE to air bodies falling from the towers. We chose to air, over and over, the planes crashing into the towers. Was that not propaganda on our behalf to go to War? From what I've read, the U.S. can do no more wrong to fuel the hatred of others so why not just post the damned pictures.

CallHimAR wrote:

You don't think BIN LADEN DEAD printed on every newspaper in the world is enough propaganda?  The fact that we were celebrating his death? There isn't any reason not to release the photos. WE CHOSE to air bodies falling from the towers. We chose to air, over and over, the planes crashing into the towers. Was that not propaganda on our behalf to go to War? From what I've read, the U.S. can do no more wrong to fuel the hatred of others so why not just post the damned pictures.

Originally Posted by triplekrown

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Man if they say his body was buried at sea I'm going to start believing all these conspiracy theories about how He was a CIA agent.

That is a bunch of god damn bull!!!!

If they buried him at sea, I'm convinced He worked for the CIA, and Obama did this all this week so He could run for a second term.

The Judge Joe Brown/Spidey sense is tingling.  Dude posted up in a mansion "biggest house on the block"steez.  That sounds unreal.  We want to see the body b.

Originally Posted by triplekrown

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Man if they say his body was buried at sea I'm going to start believing all these conspiracy theories about how He was a CIA agent.

That is a bunch of god damn bull!!!!

If they buried him at sea, I'm convinced He worked for the CIA, and Obama did this all this week so He could run for a second term.

The Judge Joe Brown/Spidey sense is tingling.  Dude posted up in a mansion "biggest house on the block"steez.  That sounds unreal.  We want to see the body b.

CallHimAR wrote:

Yes, that could be used by extremist groups in recruiting, however a headline stating "BIN LADEN DEAD" with a picture of the man with his head half blown off takes it to another level of effectiveness. 

We chose to air the pictures of 9/11 to fuel our own war machine, not Al Qaedas. 

CallHimAR wrote:

Yes, that could be used by extremist groups in recruiting, however a headline stating "BIN LADEN DEAD" with a picture of the man with his head half blown off takes it to another level of effectiveness. 

We chose to air the pictures of 9/11 to fuel our own war machine, not Al Qaedas. 

Fear is good for politicians. They get to play hero after the fact. 
They also seem to work quite well for the state. 

Look at W Bush and Giuliani. 

They're hyping up the potential retaliation in the media now anyway. 

Fear is good for politicians. They get to play hero after the fact. 
They also seem to work quite well for the state. 

Look at W Bush and Giuliani. 

They're hyping up the potential retaliation in the media now anyway. 

Back
Top Bottom