Osama Bin Laden is dead

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

The nature of the photos are said to be fairly graphic.

Graphic photos can have a tendency to bring out an emotional response.

Regardless, it comes down to opinion. And for Obama (and any other leader in his position), the risk of an attack outweighs the pros.

Call me a sheep, but I think he has a legitimate point.

How graphic are the images shown across Arab language channels everyday regarding death of Muslims against non Muslims ( Iraq, Afghanistan, West Bank/Gaza, and Chechnya in particular)? Pretty graphic, no? 
They're withholding it for timing purposes. It's purely political. 

Regardless, it comes down to opinion. And for Obama (and any other leader in his position), the risk of an attack outweighs the pros.

How graphic are the images shown across Arab language channels everyday regarding death of Muslims against non Muslims ( Iraq, Afghanistan, West Bank/Gaza, and Chechnya in particular)? Pretty graphic, no? 

My question to all you conspiracy theorist that says Osama has been dead for several years, why didn't Bush pull this "stunt".  If this is genuinely a ploy to put the American people at ease and increase Obama's approval rating, why didn't Bush think of it first.  Let's face it, 9/11 attacks took place on Bush's watch (even tho I still believe it was orchestrated by our own gov't) and his approval ratings went from the mid 90's in 2001, to the mid 20's by 2008.  Something like this definitely would have helped him out a bit.  Shed some light?

nerd.gif

My question to all you conspiracy theorist that says Osama has been dead for several years, why didn't Bush pull this "stunt".  If this is genuinely a ploy to put the American people at ease and increase Obama's approval rating, why didn't Bush think of it first.  Let's face it, 9/11 attacks took place on Bush's watch (even tho I still believe it was orchestrated by our own gov't) and his approval ratings went from the mid 90's in 2001, to the mid 20's by 2008.  Something like this definitely would have helped him out a bit.  Shed some light?

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mr718

nerd.gif
I iffy on OBL being dead for a while but revealing OBL's death could've ruined the grander strategy. Maybe the American people would've demanded withdrawal from Afghanistan? Now we're sunk so deep that being in Afghanistan has become normal in a sense. 
When you've ##$*%* a dime for the first time it's like "OMG...OMG..OMG... dime status vagina". After the 20th time it's like " eh, whatever. It's just vagina"
laugh.gif

Could be a plausible theory. 

Originally Posted by Mr718

nerd.gif
I iffy on OBL being dead for a while but revealing OBL's death could've ruined the grander strategy. Maybe the American people would've demanded withdrawal from Afghanistan? Now we're sunk so deep that being in Afghanistan has become normal in a sense. 
When you've ##$*%* a dime for the first time it's like "OMG...OMG..OMG... dime status vagina". After the 20th time it's like " eh, whatever. It's just vagina"
laugh.gif

Could be a plausible theory. 

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Not offending Muslims? Occupying 2 Muslim countries for almost 10 years now doesn't incite muslins?
This is the same Obama who escalated drone strikes in Waziristan., Pakistan where they "believed" OBL was? These strikes have killed hundreds of civilians. This doesn't incite Muslims?
Do people even think critically anymore? Since when do we give a #$!! about inciting Muslims? Since supporting all the Arab dictators? Since aiding Israel to the tune of $4bn? 

The reason why they're not releasing the photos is because they want the media circus to go on. They want people to talk about this instead of the USD heading toward 3 year lows or oil (and commodities)climbing toward 3 year highs, employment being stagnant and 15% of Americans receiving welfare.

Look at what happened to Bush's rating vis-a-vis Hussein. They released the photos immediately after capture and all he got was a 2 week poll bump. Same would happen with Obama. They want to drag this out as long as possible in order to provide a lasting effect on his poll numbers.

lol at not wanting to incite Muslims. Are people really this gullible?

Exactly. 
As previously stated, the chief of the CIA himself wants the photos released... you would think he would know better than any of us the risks the supposed "backlash". 

They really care so much about not inciting Muslims that they dumped his body into the ocean. 

Obama is trolling.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Not offending Muslims? Occupying 2 Muslim countries for almost 10 years now doesn't incite muslins?
This is the same Obama who escalated drone strikes in Waziristan., Pakistan where they "believed" OBL was? These strikes have killed hundreds of civilians. This doesn't incite Muslims?
Do people even think critically anymore? Since when do we give a #$!! about inciting Muslims? Since supporting all the Arab dictators? Since aiding Israel to the tune of $4bn? 

The reason why they're not releasing the photos is because they want the media circus to go on. They want people to talk about this instead of the USD heading toward 3 year lows or oil (and commodities)climbing toward 3 year highs, employment being stagnant and 15% of Americans receiving welfare.

Look at what happened to Bush's rating vis-a-vis Hussein. They released the photos immediately after capture and all he got was a 2 week poll bump. Same would happen with Obama. They want to drag this out as long as possible in order to provide a lasting effect on his poll numbers.

lol at not wanting to incite Muslims. Are people really this gullible?

Exactly. 
As previously stated, the chief of the CIA himself wants the photos released... you would think he would know better than any of us the risks the supposed "backlash". 

They really care so much about not inciting Muslims that they dumped his body into the ocean. 

Obama is trolling.

lolllllllll people thinking hes alive  ,, when u got actual dead bodies there witnesses osama wife n kids saying it  was him,

obama aint dumb he gotta keep the pics for later , right before elections bammmmm he hits u with the pics to remind you who
killed osama

lolllllllll people thinking hes alive  ,, when u got actual dead bodies there witnesses osama wife n kids saying it  was him,

obama aint dumb he gotta keep the pics for later , right before elections bammmmm he hits u with the pics to remind you who
killed osama

The article posted last page changed my whole entire mind.

I went from believing he was dead, to surely knowing he has been dead for awhile.

Like dude said above, Obama sure is trolling.

But, what if news comes out that he lied about the entire thing? Oh Boy...

The article posted last page changed my whole entire mind.

I went from believing he was dead, to surely knowing he has been dead for awhile.

Like dude said above, Obama sure is trolling.

But, what if news comes out that he lied about the entire thing? Oh Boy...

Graphic pictures and video of the carnage in these war zones is used regularly for recruitment purposes and has been for years now.  People who have been able to escape that ideology after having been exposed to it have repeatedly said it was the graphic video of the violence that made the most impact on them.

I don't need to explain this though.  It's logical.

Graphic pictures and video of the carnage in these war zones is used regularly for recruitment purposes and has been for years now.  People who have been able to escape that ideology after having been exposed to it have repeatedly said it was the graphic video of the violence that made the most impact on them.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Is it possible Osama could have been dead a LONG time ago? you know, so we can have a reason to still stay over there?

THats what a lot of people think. I have a few army friends who think Osama died a few years ago and despise Bush for sending them there. 

Word. Obamas going to be near my job tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to a more difficult commute

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Is it possible Osama could have been dead a LONG time ago? you know, so we can have a reason to still stay over there?

THats what a lot of people think. I have a few army friends who think Osama died a few years ago and despise Bush for sending them there. 

Word. Obamas going to be near my job tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to a more difficult commute

the funny thing about conspiracy theories are that they are complicated and far fetched explanations used in place of simple ones..... i choose to believe in the simple ones.

the funny thing about conspiracy theories are that they are complicated and far fetched explanations used in place of simple ones..... i choose to believe in the simple ones.

That's exactly it. How much more is 1one graphic image going to impact in the midst of millions of graphic images. Granted OBL has a greater impact than the average Muslim killed in conflict but there's a decreasing marginal rate of return for something like this. 
It's not as if Muslims who are already incited don't see this everyday on their TV sets or online.

btw it's not only images. I've seen Americans get beheaded by Muslims om video and I've got no urge to go fight. Images have very little to do with it in the scheme of things. 

Back
Top Bottom