Osama Bin Laden is dead

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

The nature of the photos are said to be fairly graphic.

Graphic photos can have a tendency to bring out an emotional response.

Regardless, it comes down to opinion. And for Obama (and any other leader in his position), the risk of an attack outweighs the pros.

Call me a sheep, but I think he has a legitimate point.

How graphic are the images shown across Arab language channels everyday regarding death of Muslims against non Muslims ( Iraq, Afghanistan, West Bank/Gaza, and Chechnya in particular)? Pretty graphic, no? 
They're withholding it for timing purposes. It's purely political. 

Graphic pictures and video of the carnage in these war zones is used regularly for recruitment purposes and has been for years now.  People who have been able to escape that ideology after having been exposed to it have repeatedly said it was the graphic video of the violence that made the most impact on them.

I don't need to explain this though.  It's logical.

That's exactly it. How much more is 1one graphic image going to impact in the midst of millions of graphic images. Granted OBL has a greater impact than the average Muslim killed in conflict but there's a decreasing marginal rate of return for something like this. 
It's not as if Muslims who are already incited don't see this everyday on their TV sets or online.

btw it's not only images. I've seen Americans get beheaded by Muslims om video and I've got no urge to go fight. Images have very little to do with it in the scheme of things. 

Originally Posted by Mr718

My question to all you conspiracy theorist that says Osama has been dead for several years, why didn't Bush pull this "stunt".  If this is genuinely a ploy to put the American people at ease and increase Obama's approval rating, why didn't Bush think of it first.  Let's face it, 9/11 attacks took place on Bush's watch (even tho I still believe it was orchestrated by our own gov't) and his approval ratings went from the mid 90's in 2001, to the mid 20's by 2008.  Something like this definitely would have helped him out a bit.  Shed some light?

nerd.gif

Maybe binladin had died when Bush was already in his2nd term as president and at that point, approval ratings are not important. And the US didnt want to anounce the death of binladin in order to justify our soldiers staying in the middle east. Which could mean the govt had alterior motives for being there, instead of the fabled "weapons of mass destruction". By the way, where are those "weapons" ?

My question to all you conspiracy theorist that says Osama has been dead for several years, why didn't Bush pull this "stunt".  If this is genuinely a ploy to put the American people at ease and increase Obama's approval rating, why didn't Bush think of it first.  Let's face it, 9/11 attacks took place on Bush's watch (even tho I still believe it was orchestrated by our own gov't) and his approval ratings went from the mid 90's in 2001, to the mid 20's by 2008.  Something like this definitely would have helped him out a bit.  Shed some light?

nerd.gif

Maybe binladin had died when Bush was already in his2nd term as president and at that point, approval ratings are not important. And the US didnt want to anounce the death of binladin in order to justify our soldiers staying in the middle east. Which could mean the govt had alterior motives for being there, instead of the fabled "weapons of mass destruction". By the way, where are those "weapons" ?

Originally Posted by MrDozo

nerd.gif

Ya think?
laugh.gif
  Ever heard of Iraq?

nerd.gif

Ya think?
laugh.gif
  Ever heard of Iraq?

nerd.gif

Ya think?
laugh.gif
  Ever heard of Iraq?

Yes I have. But in my previous post I mentioned a possible reason why bush didnt announce the death od binladen, if he had died during that time.

nerd.gif

Ya think?
laugh.gif
  Ever heard of Iraq?

Yes I have. But in my previous post I mentioned a possible reason why bush didnt announce the death od binladen, if he had died during that time.

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by Sighfur

This was all filmed, I wanna see the video.

Yeah, about that...

[h1]Osama bin Laden dead: Blackout during raid on bin Laden compound[/h1][h2]The head of the CIA admitted yesterday that there was no live video footage of the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound as further doubts emerged about the US version of events. [/h2]http://www.telegraph.co.u...-bin-Laden-compound.html
600_U.S._administration_110503.jpg

they were watching the NFL draft.

Yeah, about that...

[h1]Osama bin Laden dead: Blackout during raid on bin Laden compound[/h1][h2]The head of the CIA admitted yesterday that there was no live video footage of the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound as further doubts emerged about the US version of events. [/h2]http://www.telegraph.co.u...-bin-Laden-compound.html

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Yeah, about that...

Yeah, about that...

As time goes on I feel more confident that this is all big cover up

Im not big into conspiracies I feel 9/11 was legit no doubt......but this one just doesnt seem right

but hey maybe im just young and thinking to hard

As time goes on I feel more confident that this is all big cover up

Im not big into conspiracies I feel 9/11 was legit no doubt......but this one just doesnt seem right

but hey maybe im just young and thinking to hard

Yeah, about that...

thought you dont believe anything the government tells you.
laugh.gif

Yeah, about that...

thought you dont believe anything the government tells you.
laugh.gif

How graphic are the images shown across Arab language channels everyday regarding death of Muslims against non Muslims ( Iraq, Afghanistan, West Bank/Gaza, and Chechnya in particular)? Pretty graphic, no? 

Graphic pictures and video of the carnage in these war zones is used regularly for recruitment purposes and has been for years now.  People who have been able to escape that ideology after having been exposed to it have repeatedly said it was the graphic video of the violence that made the most impact on them.

That's exactly it. How much more is 1one graphic image going to impact in the midst of millions of graphic images. Granted OBL has a greater impact than the average Muslim killed in conflict but there's a decreasing marginal rate of return for something like this. 
It's not as if Muslims who are already incited don't see this everyday on their TV sets or online.

btw it's not only images. I've seen Americans get beheaded by Muslims om video and I've got no urge to go fight. Images have very little to do with it in the scheme of things. 
Regardless of what either of us say, it's all speculation.  There is a legitimate chance and that's all that matters.

Speaking to Pakistanis, they express that the vast majority of people have sympathies with him despite all the violence in the region attributable to his following.  This is because his issues with the West are legitimate as they have always been, and the track record of the West in comparison to OBL is far worse.  Contributing to that are current blunders like the drone attacks in Waziristan and the Raymond Davis debacle. 

OBL is already a martyr- make no mistake.  The possibility of contributing to that is too great a risk for Obama, and rightfully so.

Regardless of what either of us say, it's all speculation.  There is a legitimate chance and that's all that matters.

Speaking to Pakistanis, they express that the vast majority of people have sympathies with him despite all the violence in the region attributable to his following.  This is because his issues with the West are legitimate as they have always been, and the track record of the West in comparison to OBL is far worse.  Contributing to that are current blunders like the drone attacks in Waziristan and the Raymond Davis debacle. 

OBL is already a martyr- make no mistake.  The possibility of contributing to that is too great a risk for Obama, and rightfully so.

Imo, that's pure BS. Not releasing evidence creates a myth aroudn Bin Laden (that he as never killed). Pick your poison. Martyr OBL or mythical figure OBL. The outcomes they both produce are very similar. 

Imo, that's pure BS. Not releasing evidence creates a myth aroudn Bin Laden (that he as never killed). Pick your poison. Martyr OBL or mythical figure OBL. The outcomes they both produce are very similar. 

Back
Top Bottom