Osama Bin Laden is dead

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

To add, Americans are unbelievable in their hypocrisy. We criticize when we see video of Arabs celebrating in the street when Americans are attacked, but when Bin Laden is killed we do the same. We criticize when Al Jazeera shows images of dead American soldiers and video of beheadings and then call for photos of Bin Laden with half his head blown off to be released. 

So you're saying there is no difference between celebrating the death of a known mass murderer in comparison to celebrating the death of innocent victims?  
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by BigUglyAmerican

To add, Americans are unbelievable in their hypocrisy. We criticize when we see video of Arabs celebrating in the street when Americans are attacked, but when Bin Laden is killed we do the same. We criticize when Al Jazeera shows images of dead American soldiers and video of beheadings and then call for photos of Bin Laden with half his head blown off to be released. 

Youre you equating the death of 3000 innocent civilians to the death of a scumbag.

context...context.

Perspective...perspective. 

Youre you equating the death of 3000 innocent civilians to the death of a scumbag.

context...context.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Meh, I guess I'm in the minority that doesn't care about the picture(s). Life goes on, it wouldn't change my thoughts on his death, I believe without a doubt he's dead now. If Obama gave the victims of the families the right to see the picture(s), I would understand that.

Of course conspiracy theorist are bored, or need something to do with there brains, so they will spin this news like a merry go around
30t6p3b.gif
I agree, I just wanted to see the pics for my own reasons to see if it was as bad as they were describing but I still have no doubt in my mind that he is dead. It might be too soon/fresh in everyone's memory (be it Americans and Bin Laden's supporters) to do this at this very moment, let the people calm down first

and co-sign with CallHimAR as well

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

So you're saying there is no difference between celebrating the death of a known mass murderer in comparison to celebrating the death of innocent victims?  
indifferent.gif
Actually its about touting corpses on national TV as trophy's.

indifferent.gif
Actually its about touting corpses on national TV as trophy's.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

James Earl Zones wrote:

DaComeUP wrote:

Exactly. In our country that's based on Christian ideals.
30t6p3b.gif
Throughout all of this, that's been one of my biggest problems...

- you're supposed to mourn birth and celebrate death, yall suck.

what I don't get is all the religion bashers here on NT suddenly becoming high and mighty now that an admitted terrorist has been killed

Look past all the "celebration" mumbo jumbo and simply explain how the world isn't better off with him dead.

It has nothing to do with being a religion basher. Most Americans identify with Christianity, but they're out in the street Harlem shaking at the news of Bin Laden's death. I just don't think that it's cool to celebrate the death of anyone like that. Whether it be a mass murderer or a nun. Evil is evil, whether it comes at the hands of our country or a terrorist. America has killed innocent people in our OWN country, as well as countries worldwide since the country was founded so I'm not going to sit here and celebrate the death of Bin Laden even though the act that he created was purely evil.

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Obama has decided NOT to release the photos.

What a pansy coward.

..A pansy coward for not releasing the photos? Oh.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

What a pansy coward.

i'd say authorizing and overseeing the killing of osama is way less pansy than leaving the pictures of his mutilated corpse in your desk drawer. 
i'm not too worried that they won't release some kind of proof, though.

on the other hand, obama is probably content to let everyone forget about the economy and argue about this topic that should not even be an important discussion (see: birth certificate)
Authorizing the action is not anywhere near as ballsy as the media is making it out to be. He made the call to kill the man, now why try to hide the outcome of his action ? Too "gruesome" ? Afraid of "retaliation" ? It won't convince "conspiracy theorists" ? (complete bull excuses) 
A round to the head is not supposed to be pretty. The "War on Terror" and all the death/carnage it has caused is not pretty. This is reality we are living in. Why now censor a picture ? 

You authorized the killing, you're claiming the death as a victory and are up there making speeches celebrating it... so show the world the real aftermath. Govt. acting like we are children not mature or worthy of seeing what our tax dollars paid for. I don't believe its their call to make. The majority of Americans want to see it (CNN poll). 

Now we're "not allowed" to because of our cowardly president/government ? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LOL.  You dudes are too funny.

What a pansy coward.

i'd say authorizing and overseeing the killing of osama is way less pansy than leaving the pictures of his mutilated corpse in your desk drawer. 

on the other hand, obama is probably content to let everyone forget about the economy and argue about this topic that should not even be an important discussion (see: birth certificate)
Authorizing the action is not anywhere near as ballsy as the media is making it out to be. He made the call to kill the man, now why try to hide the outcome of his action ? Too "gruesome" ? Afraid of "retaliation" ? It won't convince "conspiracy theorists" ? (complete bull excuses) 
A round to the head is not supposed to be pretty. The "War on Terror" and all the death/carnage it has caused is not pretty. This is reality we are living in. Why now censor a picture ? 

You authorized the killing, you're claiming the death as a victory and are up there making speeches celebrating it... so show the world the real aftermath. Govt. acting like we are children not mature or worthy of seeing what our tax dollars paid for. I don't believe its their call to make. The majority of Americans want to see it (CNN poll). 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

James Earl Zones wrote:

DaComeUP wrote:

Exactly. In our country that's based on Christian ideals.
30t6p3b.gif
Throughout all of this, that's been one of my biggest problems...

- you're supposed to mourn birth and celebrate death, yall suck.

what I don't get is all the religion bashers here on NT suddenly becoming high and mighty now that an admitted terrorist has been killed

Look past all the "celebration" mumbo jumbo and simply explain how the world isn't better off with him dead.

It has nothing to do with being a religion basher. Most Americans identify with Christianity, but they're out in the street Harlem shaking at the news of Bin Laden's death. I just don't think that it's cool to celebrate the death of anyone like that. Whether it be a mass murderer or a nun. Evil is evil, whether it comes at the hands of our country or a terrorist. America has killed innocent people in our OWN country, as well as countries worldwide since the country was founded so I'm not going to sit here and celebrate the death of Bin Laden even though the act that he created was purely evil.

What a pansy coward.

..A pansy coward for not releasing the photos? Oh.

Originally Posted by zapatito007

How does that figure even sound reasonable though?

100k dead?

Like are you serious>?

Also, spare us the melodramatics. If it wasnt america doing it there would be another country in its place.

Sometimes i wonder how some NT'ers can come off as sheltered as they do.
there would be another country in its place"?  lmaoo like are u serious??

Yes i am.

I hate to burst your utopian bubble. This country is not in the authoratative position it is because of bleeding hearts such as yourself.

America has done some very dirty things to get where it is now.

I'm guessing youre in your teens so i dont expect you to grasp what im telling you.

It's crazy to think that people think that displacing governments around the world in the name of 'democracy' is a good thing, especially when the people hate us.
ohwell.gif
. I know the world isn't perfect, but the US has the strongest military, regardless of what we do in other countries. The first rule of foreign policy use to be "do no harm" but I guess that's not it any more

Originally Posted by zapatito007

How does that figure even sound reasonable though?

100k dead?

Like are you serious>?

Also, spare us the melodramatics. If it wasnt america doing it there would be another country in its place.

Sometimes i wonder how some NT'ers can come off as sheltered as they do.
there would be another country in its place"?  lmaoo like are u serious??

Yes i am.

I hate to burst your utopian bubble. This country is not in the authoratative position it is because of bleeding hearts such as yourself.

America has done some very dirty things to get where it is now.

I'm guessing youre in your teens so i dont expect you to grasp what im telling you.

It's crazy to think that people think that displacing governments around the world in the name of 'democracy' is a good thing, especially when the people hate us.
ohwell.gif
. I know the world isn't perfect, but the US has the strongest military, regardless of what we do in other countries. The first rule of foreign policy use to be "do no harm" but I guess that's not it any more

Originally Posted by Deuce King

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How is it not ballsy? Think about it, a 60-80% chance that this dude was even there. Those aren't great odds when you think about the backlash if this operation had failed. Relations with Pakistan have already been strained enough. What would have happened if he wasn't there and we just ended up killing a bunch of randoms and also took SEAL casualties as well? What if the SEALs got captured by the Pakistani military? That would have effectively severed any relations we had with them. Yeah...easy decision right there. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How is it not ballsy? Think about it, a 60-80% chance that this dude was even there. Those aren't great odds when you think about the backlash if this operation had failed. Relations with Pakistan have already been strained enough. What would have happened if he wasn't there and we just ended up killing a bunch of randoms and also took SEAL casualties as well? What if the SEALs got captured by the Pakistani military? That would have effectively severed any relations we had with them. Yeah...easy decision right there. 

context...context.

Oh give me a break
roll.gif

context...context.

Oh give me a break
roll.gif

All of the sudden we have "morals" about 'touting' corpses on TV ?

Uday ?

Qusay ?

Zarqawi ?

Cop-out excuse. The networks make their own decisions, should not change whether or not the govt releases the picture. Are we going to pretend like we live in a fairy tale land with marshmallow clouds where we can authorize killings and celebrate them while shielding the audience from the darker side (the actual dead body, you know, the thing left behind after a KILLING) of reality ? lol

Uday ?

Qusay ?

Zarqawi ?

Cop-out excuse. The networks make their own decisions, should not change whether or not the govt releases the picture. Are we going to pretend like we live in a fairy tale land with marshmallow clouds where we can authorize killings and celebrate them while shielding the audience from the darker side (the actual dead body, you know, the thing left behind after a KILLING) of reality ? lol

Uday ?

Qusay ?

Zarqawi ?

I really don't get what all of you are missing. Those three examples? Done under the Bush administration. The same administration that DESTROYED our image across the world. The Obama administration has tried to do the opposite and REPAIR our image in the Arab world for two years now. I understand the lack of knowledge on Arabs and Muslims, and the thought that there is one single entity on that side, but it's ridiculous that people seem to think the Bush and Obama administrations are EXACTLY the same in all of their policies.

Uday ?

Qusay ?

Zarqawi ?

I really don't get what all of you are missing. Those three examples? Done under the Bush administration. The same administration that DESTROYED our image across the world. The Obama administration has tried to do the opposite and REPAIR our image in the Arab world for two years now. I understand the lack of knowledge on Arabs and Muslims, and the thought that there is one single entity on that side, but it's ridiculous that people seem to think the Bush and Obama administrations are EXACTLY the same in all of their policies.

indifferent.gif
Seriously???? You know what, I'm not even going into it. Now I know being a hypocrite can always be justified
mad.gif
. I don't believe there is such a stark division in the people on this board that understand things like decency, human rights, liberty and justice. I was hoping there were some true patriots, people that understand what this country is suppose to be founded on, what the Declaration of Independence actually means, hell people on this board that have actually read Common Sense or the Declaration of Independence. This country was founded on Liberty and Justice. Think about what those words mean. 

indifferent.gif
Seriously???? You know what, I'm not even going into it. Now I know being a hypocrite can always be justified
mad.gif
. I don't believe there is such a stark division in the people on this board that understand things like decency, human rights, liberty and justice. I was hoping there were some true patriots, people that understand what this country is suppose to be founded on, what the Declaration of Independence actually means, hell people on this board that have actually read Common Sense or the Declaration of Independence. This country was founded on Liberty and Justice. Think about what those words mean. 

Americans wanted to see the photo. Latest poll was 56%. Obama only hurting himself with this "decision". Now there will DEFINITELY be doubts on whether it really happened.

Americans wanted to see the photo. Latest poll was 56%. Obama only hurting himself with this "decision". Now there will DEFINITELY be doubts on whether it really happened.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You're a fool if you believe the chances were REALLY only 60-80%. Pakistan's government is very weak and relies heavily on our own to survive. With any mission there is chance of things going wrong, but we spent months building replicas/practicing raids. The US is no stranger to killing dozens of innocent civilians either. If this mission were in a country like Iran, sure, "ballsy" might apply. 

Back
Top Bottom