Opioid Epidemic 'Getting Worse Instead of Better,' Public Health Officials Warn

Its all about if a person has a addictive attitude/nature about themselves. Theres people who can take whats prescribed to them. Then when they're finished taking them. They can stay off of them. Theres people out here that like to abuse drugs. If your dealing with an illness/injury. Your going to have to deal with the pain no matter what. Over medicating can just make your situation worse. Its all about being strong mentally out here. Ive seen people who are financially secure break down and lose it when faced with a bad situation. Ive seen people who are poor that never got nervous or buckled under pressure. Maybe its a genetic thing idk. People need to know how to deal with life better.

I have a bit more sympathy for SOME opiate users than i would a meth or crack user. Alot of these people got injured and they were put on medication for the pain. Then the next thing you know you're hooked.

Buddy cool it with that white america ****. Don't bunch a whole race together. You sound like a whining baby. You obviously got a chip on your shoulder.

dont see any whining in my post, these were friends of mine and im telling you from what i observed from the people i was around.
these are the same people blaming everyone else for them not being educated or having any work ethic.
ive been working since i was 16, while kids that had everything handed to em just threw their lives away because they had to create problems because their life was too perfect.
same people that want to be oppressed for some reason and get mad that they cant use the N word even though its in rap music.

Boston is in BAD shape. Especially Mass Ave in Dorchester (methadone mile). New England in general is terrible.

Hell even Steve Kerr was getting his fix

920x920.jpg

But in all seriousness, it's like the walking dead out here 24/7.

Hell yeah.

Crack landed and right away they had to "lock these evil people up forever"

Opioid's and meth been big in white communities for years and it's "these people need help"

You know it was also black politicians at federal and state levels that called for harsher sentences for crack because they seen what it was doing to their neighborhoods right ?

Also sentences for meth are very harsh. Meth users were always looked down upon just like crack users. They got no special treatment.

You don't have to believe it but opiates are different. Alot of people didn't start using opiates to get high. The pain medicine that alot of people are given is the exact same thing as Heroin. Plus alot of people are injecting it spreading diseases like aids and hep c unlike with crack.

Yea pharm salesmen/women are backed by deep very deep pockets. They used bring anything a doctor wanted in terms of lunch. ****as could've asked for a horse meat grilled ontop of dead puppies and they would've gotten it for them.

Just for a meeting. Which was against hospital policy but they did it anyway.

Medical professional are not as "out for your best interest" as you may think. They get a lot of under the table compensation to prescribe certain meds.

Business is business. No matter how sanctimonious ya think it is.

Pull yourselves up by the bootstraps, just say no, but what about black on black crime, what about Chicago, etc.

And right on cue comes:

You know it was also black politicians at federal and state levels that called for harsher sentences for crack because they seen what it was doing to their neighborhoods right ?

Also sentences for meth are very harsh. Meth users were always looked down upon just like crack users. They got no special treatment.

You don't have to believe it but opiates are different. Alot of people didn't start using opiates to get high. The pain medicine that alot of people are given is the exact same thing as Heroin. Plus alot of people are injecting it spreading diseases like aids and hep c unlike with crack.

143E3FF4-E815-4762-BD56-104A04465CAE.jpeg
“Well look no further fella ya found him” - jimmyx2

Hol up, you posted an article in which those black politicians vehementally denounce their former positions, and this is supposed to help you?

They didn't have the benefit of knowing what we do now: that the death penalty would be disproportionately administered to black defendants; that many imprisoned didn't pose a serious threat; that many of the "criminals" had actually been victims of childhood lead poisoning which studies show link to "impulsivity, behavioral problems, hyperactivity, and impaired cognition, all of which are associated with crime."

Sounds like they put too much faith in already existing system of white supremacy to get it right. In that they are complicit (and a bit stupid forgetting history). At least they've owned up to their mistake.

Back
Top Bottom