One Gotta Go! Vol: Some Actors

Who’s Going?

• Total voters
Make no mistake, RDJ only stays because of his Marvel stuff for me. It's not like I didn't like his other stuff either, it's what you're willing to lose. I think MCU phase one is one of the greatest sagas told, a lot of people can't get over their too coolness to recognize that.

Yea but it was one of favorite movies growing up. The bolded if definitely Gen z talk. That movie was totally from a teenage male pov. You really think a high school boy is gonna tell a grown, “Ew get away from me pedo!”? YOU probably would.
How acknowledging Kelly being a pedo Gen Z talk? I ain't tryna see a grown woman takes showers w/ & kiss a kid, it's weird. I'd rather watch E.T., Breakfast Club, Homeward Bound, or some ****.

How acknowledging Kelly being a pedo Gen Z talk? I ain't tryna see a grown woman takes showers w/ & kiss a kid, it's weird. I'd rather watch E.T., Breakfast Club, Homeward Bound, or some ****.
If given the chance, in HS, would you have smashed a grown woman?

For the people saying that Denel acts the same in his movies obviously haven't seen his body of work to make such a crazy statement. Lets compare these scenes in his most critically acclaimed movies.

And this is just a small sample size. Now if you can look at all these scenes and still say that denzel "phones it in" or " acts the same in all his movies" then I don't know what to tell you. The man obviously has tremendous acting range. That is a undisputable fact.

If given the chance, in HS, would you have smashed a grown woman?
Depends if I were 16 or 17, those dudes were like freshmen or something like that, & I don't really want to fantasize abeing a rape/pedo victim.
Make no mistake, RDJ only stays because of his Marvel stuff for me. It's not like I didn't like his other stuff either, it's what you're willing to lose. I think MCU phase one is one of the greatest sagas told, a lot of people can't get over their too coolness to recognize that.
Then who you getting rid?

I don't know yet, was thinking Tom but Saving Private Ryan and Forrest Gump are must haves.

Anything Leo 02-13 gotta stay too.

Aside from the obvious Malcolm X and Training Day i'm not touching like the 1 black guy we got in all this.

Oh so now theres degrees of pedophilia that are ok? marikomorose marikomorose in other words, you would. Most boys, thus the fantasy that movies. Youre looking at out of those social justice lenses so hard, youre not even relating to yourself.

Oh so now theres degrees of pedophilia that are ok? marikomorose marikomorose in other words, you would. Most boys, thus the fantasy that movies. Youre looking at out of those social justice lenses so hard, youre not even relating to yourself.
I am relating it to myself. It's not a position I'd want to be been in. I was thinking about having sex w/ girls my age. I did have crushes on older women, but it was more cute than anything. Like daydreaming about marriage & holding hands n **** when I got older. I wasn't really thinking about having sex w/ them on some present time. Would you be going this hard if it were a grown man and 2 girls?
marikomorose marikomorose off subject: Did you make this list up or did you get it off twitter or something? This is a good *** question.
I borrowed this one from twitter. Too many ppl that don't watch movies were saying dumb ****.

Less than zero
Tropic Thunder
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Chaplin (watch it, he's amazing as Charlie)
US Marshals
Chef (small role but funny)
Due Date
The Judge
Sherlock Holmes 1 & 2
Should I go on....

I'm a BIG movie guy so this was EASY!
Repped for the Less Than Zero reference

For the people saying that Denel acts the same in his movies obviously haven't seen his body of work to make such a crazy statement. Lets compare these scenes in his most critically acclaimed movies.

And this is just a small sample size. Now if you can look at all these scenes and still say that denzel "phones it in" or " acts the same in all his movies" then I don't know what to tell you. The man obviously has tremendous acting range. That is a undisputable fact.

Nice try, but you're wrong. Every (almost) major role he's had, he was either a civil servant or in jail...

1. Fences: Garbage man
2. Glory: Military Vet
3. Malcom X: Civil rights activist
4. Inside Man: Cop
5. Training Day: Cop
6. Courage Under Fire: Military cop
7. The Hurricane: Wrongfully convicted felon
8. American Gangster: Felon
9. The Manchurian Candidate: Military Vet
10. He Got Game: Convicted Felon

This is a SMALL sample, but he virtually plays the same roles, and it's been widely accepted throughout Hollywood that he does this. Does this mean he's an awful actor? HELL NO. I love his movies and his acting, but TBH there are BETTER actors with more dynamic range. DiCaprio and Tom Hanks are far superior actors who's played far more demanding roles.

TBH, he's only held in such high regard because of what he's done and means for the culture. But people fail to be objective because of this reason.

Last edited:
Denzel is a keeper even though he do be “my man”-ing a lot.

I’d rather let go of Leonardo ala Rose :lol:
1632499085457.gif

Its becoming obvious some of yall dont even know what range means.

Let me deliver it in a way some of yall can han. Jaime Foxx is a better actor than Denzel.

Nice try, but you're wrong. Every (almost) major role he's had, he was either a civil servant or in jail...

This is a SMALL sample, but he virtually plays the same roles, and it's been widely accepted throughout Hollywood that he does this. Does this mean he's an awful actor? HELL NO. I love his movies and his acting, but TBH there are BETTER actors with more dynamic range. DiCaprio and Tom Hanks are far superior actors who's played far more demanding roles.

TBH, he's only held in such high regard because of what he's done and means for the culture. But people fail to be objective because of this reason.

This has nothing to do with the argument at hand. The occupation of the characters he plays is not in question. We're talking about his acting range. But you're going to have to explain how he " virtually plays the same roles, and it's been widely accepted throughout Hollywood that he does this". Accepted by whom? Because 2 Academy Awards, 3 Golden Globes, a Tony award, and a Screen Actors Guild award says otherwise.

It's not just that he plays the same role. Dude has the exact same mannerisms in everything he plays. He basically plays himself. He does it well though lol

Yeah you'll have to expand on that, otherwise without criteria you make it look like you're saying some like Daniel Day-Lewis isn't a better actor than Jamie Foxx because he doesn't go as far in range as he does. Nothing wrong with choosing your roles.

This has nothing to do with the argument at hand. The occupation of the characters he plays is not in question. We're talking about his acting range. But you're going to have to explain how he " virtually plays the same roles, and it's been widely accepted throughout Hollywood that he does this". Accepted by whom? Because 2 Academy Awards, 3 Golden Globes, a Tony award, and a Screen Actors Guild award says otherwise.
Yeah you'll have to expand on that, otherwise without criteria you make it look like you're saying some like Daniel Day-Lewis isn't a better actor than Jamie Foxx because he doesn't go as far in range as he does. Nothing wrong with choosing your roles.

No one said he's a poor actor. Now, you're misinterpreting my remarks. And it's totally OK to pick your roles. Which actor doesn't do this? But the question is if Denzel has ever pushed him to take on challenging roles.

What I'm trying to say is that he plays similar types of characters in most of his films. Does that mean he's a poor actor? Of course, not. It just means he's comfortable playing roles he knows how to play (he does a great job at it).

But what was always in question was his willingness to play characters most haven't or wont or too intimidated to play. Usually he will play those blue-collar roles.

Now, let's compare some of roles Denzel has played to Daniel Day Lewis or DiCaprio (since some of yall are ready to off him).

Or even this guy...

Extra credit...

I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but It's a really tough sell to tell me Denzel is a better actor than these two. And a lot of that is attributed to him not playing many diverse physically and emotionally demanding roles.

If you're gonna make a wild claim like that then you have to back it up.
giphy.gif

Now, I will say that what Jamie Foxx did in Ray is one of the All Time Greatest acting jobs I have ever seen. And I love Jamie Foxx. But there's now way you can say he's a better Actor than Denzel.
Ray is nothing like Jamie Foxx in real life. Yet Jamie Foxx become Ray Charles, he even held his face the same way. Jamie is about to play Mike Tyson and we all already know he’s about to body the role and hes about to BE Mike. Not Jaime Foxx doing and imitation of Mike. Jamie did Ray Charles a few times on In Living Color, but he took it a step further step is what seperates him from Denzel. Denzel will never let you forget hes from NY. Denzel played a cop from New Orleans and still had a NY accent. Meanwhile, Gray Oldman is from the UK and can go from the police commissioner of Gotham City to country *** Zorg and people not even realize it. When Im talking about “range”, Im not talking about emotional range, the ability to emote a different range of emotions. Im talking about the ability to become someone way outside of themselves. Hell, RDJ pulls off a British accent so well, he was cast by a Brit to play Sherlock Holmes.

Back
Top Bottom