One Gotta Go! Vol: Some Actors

Who’s Going?

• Total voters
Mo Better Blues ain't Malcolm X ain't Training Day ain't The Hurricane ain't He Got Game ain't Man On Fire, etc. :lol:

His only roles that's similar are Man On Fire, The Equalizer and probably Safe House.
Oh word?

2812917A-7296-478B-B089-F1E84E4C64F8.gif

B9080D76-DB4D-44B1-A48D-85A9E0811B08.gif

55FA2C58-4DF0-4E02-AAE4-E809E5F03704.gif

0E589DCE-887C-43A3-9EBA-BF2676CF7FA4.gif

I get it. He’s a treasure to the culture but, he plays himself in most roles and pick good *** movies so we never fault him for it.

my man….you putting polar express on there like it means something is wild to ME. i don’t know any adult who thought that was a great movie.

anyway, you’re making like this **** is clear cut on your personal biases alone. maybe if the list was like mahershala ali, daniel day lewis, jack nicholson, and kirk cameron the choice would be obvious to all.
Da apparatus of this argument bias, so of course and you specified this w/ your “to ME”. Polar Express is more innovative than good for the a visuals. That movie is visually amazing. Tom Hanks continues to be apart of things that pushes the envelope for the film making. Toy Story is the most innovative movie in our lifetime. It changed everything. Frank Ocean made “Forrest Gump”. There’s levels to greatness of Tom Hanks. Tom & Denzel is the Teflon af.
3 Toy story movies over the 18 in MCU? Lolll nah. Hell nah
There’s 4 & the 4th it was the best movie of 2019. We don’t get the MCU w/o Toy Story.

Oh word?

I get it. He’s a treasure to the culture but, he plays himself in most roles and pick good *** movies so we never fault him for it.
No he does not. You know you’re watching Denzel when you’re so that could be it, but he definitely diversifies he’s characters all the time.

Lol I mean, someone else could've been stark. But ok. Avengers didn't really change the movie industry. Fun to watch, made a gazillion dollars, I loved em...but, they aren't really respected in cinema. So dead avengers.

Although...stark was one character lolll. Can't crush all those other actors careers for this hypothetical lolll
Why would we care about what respected in the industry?

no other films are bringing people out to the theatres other than marvel movies.
It’s necessary.

No he does not. You know you’re watching Denzel when you’re so that could be it, but he definitely diversifies he’s characters all the time.
Different shades of Denzel. Roman J. Isreal Esq. was the only time he really stepped out that box.

Different shades of Denzel. Roman J. Isreal Esq. was the only time he really stepped out that box.

As much as I love Denzel and most of his movies....the brother plays a civil servant in 99% of all his roles.

Some of y'all voted out Tom Hanks and Leo, who arguably are superior actors with far more dynamic range because Denzel represents the culture. Be honest with yourselves 🤣

With that being said, I voted RDJ out.

Oh word?

American gangster is another one that's different. You saying American gangster, He Got Game, Malcolm X, Training Day is Denzel simply playing himself? No real work or acting being done in those roles?

You don't even know if a movie is good until you see the final product. You can't have all these classic roles and movies w/o being great at what you do. It just don't happen.

That's the same w/ all actors. Just b/c they're playing doesn't mean they're becoming a completely different person. They can't. What's Leo stay doing that constipated face instance **** he does (Brad Pitt>). Tom is Tom. RDJ stays giving off "I had a rough day" vibes.

Idk how you can watching John Q & Training Day and go "this is the same". 2 totally different ppl characters.

You just posted gifs from the same movie. And American gangster is another one that's different. You saying American gangster, He Got Game, Malcolm X, Training Day is Denzel simply playing himself? No real work or acting being done in those roles?
No. Im not saying he isn’t acting Im saying there isnt a lot of range. He has yet to really show the ability to really become another person like a Jamie Foxx, Daniel Day Lewis and Gary Oldman.

That's the same w/ all actors. Just b/c they're playing doesn't mean they're becoming a completely different person. They can't. What's Leo stay doing that constipated face instance **** he does (Brad Pitt>). Tom is Tom. RDJ stays giving off "I had a rough day" vibes.

Idk how you can watching John Q & Training Day and go "this is the same". 2 totally different ppl characters.
See above post. Thats not all actors. Hell, we aint even know Idris Elba was a Brit till years later. :lol:

No. Im not saying he isn’t acting Im saying there isnt a lot of range. He has yet to really show the ability to really become another person like a Jamie Foxx, Daniel Day Lewis and Gary Oldman.

So you never seen the hurricane? 80% of that movie he was playing institutionalized prisoner in a cell. Glory is another role that's different.

American gangster is another one that's different. You saying American gangster, He Got Game, Malcolm X, Training Day is Denzel simply playing himself? No real work or acting being done in those roles?

You don't even know if a movie is good until you see the final product. You can't have all these classic roles and movies w/o being great at what you do. It just don't happen.
You throw Flight, Roman J and 2 Guns in there, very different characters.

For the people saying that Denel acts the same in his movies obviously haven't seen his body of work to make such a crazy statement. Lets compare these scenes in his most critically acclaimed movies.

And this is just a small sample size. Now if you can look at all these scenes and still say that denzel "phones it in" or " acts the same in all his movies" then I don't know what to tell you. The man obviously has tremendous acting range. That is a undisputable fact.

See Weird Science was just okay good and it aged even worse. Kelly was a whole pedophile.
Yea but it was one of favorite movies growing up. The bolded if definitely Gen z talk. That movie was totally from a teenage male pov. You really think a high school boy is gonna tell a grown, “Ew get away from me pedo!”? YOU probably would.

Back
Top Bottom