One Gotta Go! Vol: Some Actors

Who’s Going?

• Total voters
not my point, and I didn’t mention anything about the departed. Point is, RDJ easily has the weakest resumé the bunch. In quality of films, strength of performance, memorable performances, roles where he’s carried the film, awards/achievements, etc. which is why if you ask people to name his movies other than marvel, you get a TRASH list like all of you did (except tr1ll tr1ll ) and if you ask that about the others you get the most iconic films/performances in film history.

His career just doesn’t stack up with the others. He’s a fantastic actor, no doubt. But the weakest link for sure, and could easily do without having seen his films.

Side Thread: ONE’S Gotta go:

Robert Downey Jr
Robert Redford
Robert Duvall
Robert Pattinson

that’s the list RDJ belongs on.

You asked what movies be was the lead in after you asked for 5 of his movies. Once I named 10 or 11 movies (and it's NOT a trash list I posted). You then asked after the fact of my post what ones does he lead in. And I DIDN'T need to Google my list. I only mentioned Leo in Departed since you asked about RDJ movies he lead in.

The ones I listed, a bunch of them are very good. Less than Zero was a great movie. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was highly regarded. Everyone loved Sherlock Holmes as it was a combo of him, Law and Ritchie. Others I listed were all good movies. Not trash.

For anyone who wants to bash Marvel, ask yourself this? If the are so bad and not real cinema, then why would so many A list stars want to be in them. And A-List, I'm taking Hopkins, Redford, Bale, Del Toro, etc. Even add Keaton & Russo. And don't say money. All those actors don't need money. Movies for money is what Bruce Willis has been doing lately. Almost all awful movies that are Direct to Video/Streaming It's because they are enjoying themselves and having fun and want to do something different.

You asked what movies be was the lead in after you asked for 5 of his movies. Once I named 10 or 11 movies (and it's NOT a trash list I posted). You then asked after the fact of my post what ones does he lead in. And I DIDN'T need to Google my list. I only mentioned Leo in Departed since you asked about RDJ movies he lead in.

The ones I listed, a bunch of them are very good. Less than Zero was a great movie. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was highly regarded. Everyone loved Sherlock Holmes as it was a combo of him, Law and Ritchie. Others I listed were all good movies. Not trash.

For anyone who wants to bash Marvel, ask yourself this? If the are so bad and not real cinema, then why would so many A list stars want to be in them. And A-List, I'm taking Hopkins, Redford, Bale, Del Toro, etc. Even add Keaton & Russo. And don't say money. All those actors don't need money. Movies for money is what Bruce Willis has been doing lately. Almost all awful movies that are Direct to Video/Streaming It's because they are enjoying themselves and having fun and want to do something different.

If we're being honest, everything comes down to money. Even the craft of acting. If you get in with the MCU that's long term money. Multiple movie contracts, cameo appearances, and potential spinoffs. Hell, just look at what the MCU did for RDJ. Damn near resurrected his career. And now he's one of the richest actors out there in a span of 10 years. I'm not a MCU hater in the least, but it would be naive to say that money is not a motivating factor of some of these actors getting roles in the MCU

I think the likes Anthony Hopkins and such are just doing it to have a good time doing something they love. They dont need money and they not getting paid leading role figure. They just hanging out with beautiful people, in beautiful places, playing make believe(most of them have roles that don’t require a lot of heavy lifting). Also, nobody want to end up like Will Smith. “Bruh, you turned down NEO?!?”

I think the likes Anthony Hopkins and such are just doing it to have a good time doing something they love. They dont need money and they not getting paid leading role figure. They just hanging out with beautiful people, in beautiful places, playing make believe(most of them have roles that don’t require a lot of heavy lifting). Also, nobody want to end up like Will Smith. “Bruh, you turned down NEO?!?”

Exactly what I was trying to explain. Anthony Hopkins and Robert Redford don't need money. But they are true people who love their profession and took these roles because I honestly believe they wanted to do something fun. Do I believe the MCU is on the level of the best moves of all time, in terms of acting. No. Is the MCU a fun set of movies that help break up the monotony of our daily lives and allow us to lose ourselves in something fun for a few hours? Absolutely.

I'm sure some of these actors did these roles to make them look cool to their grandkids/great grandkids (I've heard that said before).

If we're being honest, everything comes down to money. Even the craft of acting. If you get in with the MCU that's long term money. Multiple movie contracts, cameo appearances, and potential spinoffs. Hell, just look at what the MCU did for RDJ. Damn near resurrected his career. And now he's one of the richest actors out there in a span of 10 years. I'm not a MCU hater in the least, but it would be naive to say that money is not a motivating factor of some of these actors getting roles in the MCU

If we're being honest, Iron Man DID revive RDJ's career. Straight up and he said so many times in the early part of the MCU. But again some of those people don't need money. Some of them just want to do something different.

Oh and those who think Stark could have been played my anyone other than RDJ is just wrong. Some of the people first attached to Iron Man was Tom Cruise. Really? Not a chance in hell he could pull that off. Some actors/actresses are just born to play a particular role and Iron Man was made for RDJ.

absolutely. Still doesn’t put him in the same category as the GREATS in the thread topic.

Not arguing that. Just adding my 0.02¢ when you said the list other than Marvel was a "TRASH list". He has some very good movies. Most just don't know about them being he was having lots of issues back then. 👍

Fully agree. And TRASH is just my NT extremes jargon. But yeah I think mainstream is starting to come around to his lesser known roles. Kiss kiss bang bang is a GREAT movie in my opinion as well. Prolly find it high up on most of those “most underrated films of all time” lists.

when he was having issues, people def turned a blind eye to anything he was in. I got in an argument with a co-worker about a week ago over whether or not he was in the movie Gothika. Dude straight up refused to believe he was in that. Im like “fam?! He had a VERY memorable role in that film” :lol: )

I don’t like the Jim Carrey in there hes mostly a comedian, not enough range. That being said I never seen his serious roles are they any good?

Jim Carrey is ALL range just off the strength of in living color. Go look at all the looney characters he's played over the years in movies.

Ill do it for him. “Tom Cruise movies are always good movies. If Tom is in it, you know its going to be good.”

You pretty much summed it up.... I read danger style danger style post and was ready to go in.

WeightyYearlyDoctorfish-size_restricted.gif

And most people don't realize that Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was directed by Shane Black, who did Iron Man 3 but was also Hawkins in the original Predator.

Nah *****, ask yo question!
Actors always being in good movies dont make actors good actors. The only reason why I remember your stance on this is because how widly illogical it is. Tom on the same boat as Denzel.

Back
Top Bottom