Oldboy (2013) has an interesting cast

yea tyler perry don't need nobody. Son makes stereotypical films, but he doesn't need **** when he's running his own camp. lelelelelelelel. I don't even know if he's independent, but his name attached to a film will bring in viewers. I don't know if Spike Lee has that type of power though...

The Spike slander
mean.gif

Movie looks good to me.

Tyler Perry makes films in spite of white people. He has his own studio, gets barely any screens to show his movies, and yet he always brings in a ******** of money. White guilt would have his movies being shown nationwide in every possible theater, which doesnt happen

He doesnt even need to do movies. he could go back to doing plays and rake in tons. He has Ted Turner kissing his *** and begging for shows, because they get major viewership( 2 of the highest viewerships on TBS).

If he was the recipeint of their guilt, they wouldnt continue to bash literally everything he does, while his fans love it. BTW im no fan of his work, but I respect his business acumen
That buffoonery...

Probably not going to waste my time with this. Korean revenge films have a certain je ne sais quoi (not referring to the NTer :lol: ) that I don't believe American films can properly reproduce. I'd rather just watch the OG film.

Had no idea Oldboy was based on a manga though. Will definitely be checking that out :pimp:

That movie was so uniquely Korean and odd I don't see this working. Like you had to drop your mind into it that this is a culture far from your own, and appreciate it. I'll check it out though.

Damn I feel bad Spike put his time behind this. The movies cool, but there's no reason the watch the American version if the original version exist. Son doesn't even look mentally disturbed, and they couldn't find an Asian actor to play the main guy, **** just looks white washed, and Samuel jumping in just makes it look tacky.. I don't even know why I was so hype for this movie, should of known what Hollywood was going to do to it.. When this hit theaters I'm just going to watch the Original the same day.

Son doesn't even look mentally disturbed, and they couldn't find an Asian actor to play the main guy, **** just looks white washed, and Samuel jumping in just makes it look tacky..

cmon son, they would never throw in an asian guy for an american remake of an asian movie :lol:
and yeah i hope by the end of the movie if brolin can display half the intensity Oh Daesu did in the OG i'd be happy.

I don't think it will be as good as the original.The korean twist always wins opposed to the american one..Im gonna watch it though cause of spike.

Damn I feel bad Spike put his time behind this. The movies cool, but there's no reason the watch the American version if the original version exist. Son doesn't even look mentally disturbed, and they couldn't find an Asian actor to play the main guy, **** just looks white washed, and Samuel jumping in just makes it look tacky.. I don't even know why I was so hype for this movie, should of known what Hollywood was going to do to it.. When this hit theaters I'm just going to watch the Original the same day.
Well this is the American version, so there's no need to drop an Asian actor into it. Should they have put an Asian cast in the Departed?

Fan of Spike's earlier work...the **** from like 89-99.

Let's not kid ourselves anymore, dude fell off.

Well this is the American version, so there's no need to drop an Asian actor into it. Should they have put an Asian cast in the Departed?
Johnny Depp as Tonto though?

But he sales movie tickets so I guess that's cool...and we could have the same argument about movie studios whitewashing for days. 

It's should be common knowledge how Hollywood works.

That's why I don't **** with Tyler Perry. Dude has the clout to make films into art, like most good directors do. But he flat out sucks at presenting a movie to the screen that resembles any form of cinematic art.

He reduces most black actors to mere caricatures, and he rehashes the same plot with a tweak here and there. He is the Hollywood version of Master P. He churns films out at a rapid pace, but the quality is always lacking for the most part.

Only 85ers get into Tyler Perry.

Last edited:
Why does this need to be remade?

I dont know why people ask such dumb questions. This is Hollywood where executives are constantly looking for good ideas for films. Oldboy is a pretty interesting idea, but its a foreign film. The majority of americans have no desire to see a foreign film of this nature. SO they decided to take the good idea, and make it for american audiences. Pretty much like how the entire world takes things and adapts them for their specific viewers

Last edited:
i prefer Michael Bay to rape my favorite movies.
Lol
I just can't get with the "Americanized" remakes of korean or Japanese flicks
The eye
The ring
Now this
If they do Sympathy for Mr. Or Lady Vengence( Old Boy is part of the Vengence series) I will just die
Hell even the blatant ripe off that is The Hunger Games still irritates me...
Even though Spike is that dude, I can't get jiggy with this

i prefer Michael Bay to rape my favorite movies.
Lol
I just can't get with the "Americanized" remakes of korean or Japanese flicks
The eye
The ring
Now this
If they do Sympathy for Mr. Or Lady Vengence( Old Boy is part of the Vengence series) I will just die
Hell even the blatant ripe off that is The Hunger Games still irritates me...
Even though Spike is that dude, I can't get jiggy with this

but Mr vengeance isnt even that original really. Just a kidnapping gone awry. Now Lady vengeance sure.

And the Hunger games is based off the book. While yes, thats a blatant rip of Battle Royale( author refuses to dmit it), it isnt like Hollywood hired a screenwriter to steal the idea. The books are popular, itd be dumb not to make movies

1. Most people haven't even heard of Oldboy

2. It actually looks good, but y'all just don't want it to be good off the strength of it being a remake.

3. If you look at the trailer from the viewpoint of someone who's never heard of Oldboy at all, THIS LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE GOOD!

I get it. You don't want the original tarnished. But y'all are hating on a movie based on a very good trailer.

Back
Top Bottom