Oldboy (2013) has an interesting cast

Spike Lee will ruin this movie. He hasn't made a good movie since He Got Game. Old boy was a great film, no need to make an American adaptation of it.

All he does now is complain about Tarantino's usage of the N-word.
t

25th hour and Inside Man were very good.

never seen all of 25th hour. but spike made AWESOME katrina documentaries on HBO.

i thought he was gonna make inside man 2. what about red hook summer? that was well received wasn't it?

...never saw old boy.

Fell asleep watching the original version...it was like 11pm when we started LOL
My wife stayed up and said it was good though. Will check it out even though spike lee is a tool.

Catch it on Netflix and you'll see why most doubt it'll translate well as an American film. Also keep in mind that Will Smith was suppose to get the lead role in this film, which made most even more hesitant to take this film seriously.

Hope it flops. Super over Spike and his holier than thou attitude. Only thing that keeps him in the film industry is the same thing that keeps Tyler Perry there, white guilt.

why are people acting like the original was a masterpiece? It was good, but not a great movie. Ill wait to see this trailer before saying anything bad about this movie

why are people acting like the original was a masterpiece? It was good, but not a great movie. Ill wait to see this trailer before saying anything bad about this movie

It was a masterpiece IMO. The other 2 films from The Vengeance Trilogy were good. Oldboy was the best.

I personally can't judge until I see the film but I can see where others are coming from. It's like a film with Shamalans name on it, if the guys hasn't done much good work in a while, then people become biased right away. It doesn't help that the original film has a cult following (even if it isn't the greatest film, it still sticks to people for the shock value and originality) and that the subject of the original story is still a taboo in the US so there are already doubts that this one won't go as far and alter the film too much that it just wouldn't stand up to the original.

Why does it say "Ask why you were set free?" in the poster?

doesn't he escape?

I will probably see anyways

Hope it flops. Super over Spike and his holier than thou attitude. Only thing that keeps him in the film industry is the same thing that keeps Tyler Perry there, white guilt.
Oh word. 
laugh.gif

You are welcome to argue on Spike and Madea's behalf if you wish.

Tyler Perry makes films in spite of white people. He has his own studio, gets barely any screens to show his movies, and yet he always brings in a ******** of money. White guilt would have his movies being shown nationwide in every possible theater, which doesnt happen

He doesnt even need to do movies. he could go back to doing plays and rake in tons. He has Ted Turner kissing his *** and begging for shows, because they get major viewership( 2 of the highest viewerships on TBS).

If he was the recipeint of their guilt, they wouldnt continue to bash literally everything he does, while his fans love it. BTW im no fan of his work, but I respect his business acumen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom