Oldboy (2013) has an interesting cast

What are you talking about, dude? :lol:

I said the reason why I'm not watching The Road is because I have a clear picture of how the characters look, so I'd rather keep that image in my head rather than one of an actor. It's not a terribly hard concept to grasp.

It's not...but that was a book.

If you feel like an American take on Oldboy would corrupt your memories of the manga or the Korean film, then that's your thing.

I just don't get people acting like Nickelback's covering the Beatles over this.

American market always tryina make adaptations to Asian films...
We shouldn't just single out the U.S., a lot of countries make their own versions of movies. I stopped being so negative about the concept and just want movies that are good.

The Departed was well done. I haven't watched Infernal Affairs in a long time, i'll have to watch it again and see which I liked better.

anyone check out the indian version of oldboy? its called zinda

I haven't seen Bitter Sweet life but supposedly it's really good.

One of my favs. This movie is AWESOME. Some damn gangsters in this film. :smokin

Last edited:
Apparently this remake is going to be based more on the manga of Oldboy. The original didn't draw much from that, so this will be very different

I got some bad news for some of yall...

[h1]Charlize Theron to Star in 'Sympathy for Lady Vengeance' Adaptation[/h1]

Published: November 28, 2012 @ 12:23 pm

By Liza Foreman

Charlize Theron will star in "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance," and her company Denver & Delilah Films will produce the film, along with  CJ Entertainment, and Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures, the companies announced on Wednesday.

ATheron.jpg

Getty Images

The film is an adaptation by William Monahan of South Korean director Park Chan-wook's "Lady Vengeance," about a woman who for reasons of her own completes a prison term for a murder she did not commit, re-emerging to punish the killer and avenge the dead.

“This will be very American -- and very unexpected,” Monahan said in a statement. “Park is a genius; it’s the Everest of adaptations, and I've got blood in my teeth to do it.”

Ellison and Annapurna Pictures will finance the film. Justine Suzanne Jones of Henceforth Pictures, AJ Dix of Denver & Delilah, Ted Schipper of Annapurna Pictures and Miky Lee of CJ Entertainment will executive produce. Panorama Media will serve as the international sales agent.

Last edited:
I hope this fails.
[throws Asian salt]
View media item 161343

:lol:. I've personally been jacked for this movie since I heard of it a year and a half ago.

Oldboy, a Spike Lee joint!?!? Eff outta here. :nthat:

And not that I'm 'bout that life :x 0] :lol:, but they better not take the incest angle out the story. That's what made the OG.

EDIT:

JNSQ is Asian? :nthat:

Last edited:
I got some bad news for some of yall...

[h1]Charlize Theron to Star in 'Sympathy for Lady Vengeance' Adaptation[/h1]

Published: November 28, 2012 @ 12:23 pm

By Liza Foreman

Charlize Theron will star in "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance," and her company Denver & Delilah Films will produce the film, along with  CJ Entertainment, and Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures, the companies announced on Wednesday.

ATheron.jpg

Getty Images

The film is an adaptation by William Monahan of South Korean director Park Chan-wook's "Lady Vengeance," about a woman who for reasons of her own completes a prison term for a murder she did not commit, re-emerging to punish the killer and avenge the dead.

“This will be very American -- and very unexpected,” Monahan said in a statement. “Park is a genius; it’s the Everest of adaptations, and I've got blood in my teeth to do it.”

Ellison and Annapurna Pictures will finance the film. Justine Suzanne Jones of Henceforth Pictures, AJ Dix of Denver & Delilah, Ted Schipper of Annapurna Pictures and Miky Lee of CJ Entertainment will executive produce. Panorama Media will serve as the international sales agent.
That's the thing about remakes and adaptions. It's hard for me to have negative feelings given I haven't seen this or ever even heard about the OG as much as I like foreign films.

It's just like The Departed and other adaptions where I aint it know it was that until after I've seen it. I'll come in to this open minded and hope it's good.

Like I said I think it should be done more as long as it's done right.

Exactly.

As long as it's not a cash grab like Total Recall or Red Dawn or Straw Dogs, I'm in.
I'll keep an open mind and give it a chance.

For me, Lady Vengeance was my favorite out of the Trilogy.

There's not enough Asian salt for me to throw at the news.

The original is so good I just don't see this translating well just like the eye and the ring but we will see

If this movie sucks, I will go to a Knicks game just to throw my beer at Spike.

Spike Lee will ruin this movie. He hasn't made a good movie since He Got Game. Old boy was a great film, no need to make an American adaptation of it.

All he does now is complain about Tarantino's usage of the N-word.

Spike Lee will ruin this movie. He hasn't made a good movie since He Got Game. Old boy was a great film, no need to make an American adaptation of it.

All he does now is complain about Tarantino's usage of the N-word.
t

25th hour and Inside Man were very good.

Totally different movie but Repo Men has a similar but more violent and bloody fight scene.  

^ ^ ^
It wasn't a single shot though, that what made the Oldboy version much, much better.

ugh, hollywood doesn't create new movies anymore . . . they just copy of overseas or reboot old movies . . .
I've stopped complaining about since that's just how it is now. I just want well done movies but a lot of movies now are just crap. I don't know if Hollywood is just lacking talented writers or they just don't want to give them a chance.

Hollywood would rather bet on a sure thing than to risk money on a new idea. I mean it happens (see inception, pacific rim, etc) but those are usually backed by BIG NAMES. You want new ideas, you have to go to the indie scene

Back
Top Bottom