Old washed Supreme Thread vol. LOCK IT UP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How'd they flip the script?

How many different styles of the Nuptse has TNF released over the past couple of decades? .......TONS.

How many times has a company done a Nuptse collab, and simply altered the colors or pattern? ......LOTS.

How many times has a Nuptse leather released? ZERO.

It's pretty simple...Supreme took a classic jacket that everyone from soccer moms, to skiiers, to thugs wear and did something nobody's done before. Do you have any more questions?

Dunno if this had been brought up yet but does anyone else think supreme being limited is going to be a thing of the past soon?

Think about it, 50% of the company got sold to The Carlyle Group, one can assume they will want to make that $500m back somehow. Seems to me there’s two ways they can capitalize on the acquisition; one way is they ramp up production to cash in on the hype and get as many people buying and wearing supreme as possible, or the other way is they sit on the shares and wait for them to appreciate in value and then sell it off.

Not saying I’m super educated in this or that either of these things will happen, but what do you guys think they’re gonna do?

Dunno if this had been brought up yet but does anyone else think supreme being limited is going to be a thing of the past soon?

Think about it, 50% of the company got sold to The Carlyle Group, one can assume they will want to make that $500m back somehow. Seems to me there’s two ways they can capitalize on the acquisition; one way is they ramp up production to cash in on the hype and get as many people buying and wearing supreme as possible, or the other way is they sit on the shares and wait for them to appreciate in value and then sell it off.

Not saying I’m super educated in this or that either of these things will happen, but what do you guys think they’re gonna do?
No I do not think so..if u are saying something like are we going to be seeing supreme in pac sun and zumiez..definitely no..I was a little disappointed once I started seeing stussy in malls..but stussy was never really super-exclusive

No I do not think so..if u are saying something like are we going to be seeing supreme in pac sun and zumiez..definitely no
I don’t think the production will ramp up that far but I do think that they will increase production a significant amount to the point where 5s-10s sellout times will turn into an average of 45s-1m, and 45s-1m sellout times will turn into 3m-5m

respect.
im currently selling stuff off to fund OW prestos but i shudder to think paying resell for anything.

ive been blessed to pay resell for very few items ive ever wanted: tan yeezy 1 and supreme dunk hi red.
Those prestos fuego.

How many different styles of the Nuptse has TNF released over the past couple of decades? .......TONS.

How many times has a company done a Nuptse collab, and simply altered the colors or pattern? ......LOTS.

It's pretty simple...Supreme took a classic jacket that everyone from soccer moms, to skiiers, to thugs wear and did something nobody's done before. Do you have any more questions?
You may be right but this https://www.palaceskateboards.com/range/winter-2017/pinnacle-puffa/ > leather nuptse

so they used a different material. flipping the script would be bringing back the steep tech or retroing a previous model.

seems like this is the same script

but i respect your opinion

^ i highly doubt it... the biggest reason supreme sells out is because its limited/exclusive which creates hype... a lot of people rock it just to say they got it and you dont... if supreme were to sell more then it would defeat the purpose of their brand... they have been banking on selling limited items since 94... look at the box logo for example that thing always sells out no matter what so why dont they just release it like once a month for the whole season? because it would lose the appeal

Idk, you may even see some weird new business model where they kind of have generic trash at other stores but the really dope stuff still be available via the normal methods.

so they used a different material. flipping the script would be bringing back the steep tech or retroing a previous model.

seems like this is the same script

but i respect your opinion

You don't understand...in this particular case...the script is the "Nuptse"...cm'on man. :lol: How is this hard to understand?

^ i highly doubt it... the biggest reason supreme sells out is because its limited/exclusive which creates hype... a lot of people rock it just to say they got it and you dont... if supreme were to sell more then it would defeat the purpose of their brand... they have been banking on selling limited items since 94... look at the box logo for example that thing always sells out no matter what so why dont they just release it like once a month for the whole season? because it would lose the appeal
I’d say you’re right if Supreme still owned majority of their company, but with a 50/50 split sometimes that brings in people that don’t understand why something is popular they just buy in because it’s popular. Then once they are in and have 50% day over everything and down 500m they say “why are you limiting stock when it’s selling out right away? Why don’t we produce more?” Then bam the hype is gone and hypebeasts move onto the next wave

Feel like this sale was timed perfectly. Right after a season with a LV Collab. Hype at an all time high

look at jordan brand they were selling out shoes for years then all of a sudden the last 2 years their shoes are sitting on shelves and hitting outlets OG colorway shoes too all because they produced more pairs to make more money... that backfired on them and now they are limiting supply again in 2018... im not saying supreme will always stay limited but they wouldnt have the same appeal/hype if they started producing more...

look at jordan brand they were selling out shoes for years then all of a sudden the last 2 years their shoes are sitting on shelves and hitting outlets OG colorway shoes too all because they produced more pairs to make more money... that backfired on them and now they are limiting supply again in 2018... im not saying supreme will always stay limited but they wouldnt have the same appeal/hype if they started producing more...
500 million dollars b. 500000000. Aftermarket sales dont benefit the investors.

I don’t think the production will ramp up that far but I do think that they will increase production a significant amount to the point where 5s-10s sellout times will turn into an average of 45s-1m, and 45s-1m sellout times will turn into 3m-5m
It's really hard to gauge on what will come..but increasing stock will decrease the demand..in which the company was built on

why fix something if it isn't broken

Actually it was that + Price Hikes EVERY Year.

Instant blow up lol

StockX really missed the low hanging fruit of Streetwear (Supreme, Bape, Palace, etc). Every drop day during a season is sure bet for hype and website traffic. Could have taken market share away from ebay, reddit and grailed.

And some higher end watches have special personalizations. Found my Rs, but the listed ones are plain. Weak corporate strategy.

Why are you STILL talking about this issue?
Do you feel the need to make up stuff as you post?

None of my posts about this subject convey madness or disrespect toward your point of view. READ AGAIN. I like StockX, I use StockX. I like the Streetwear idea, you do not.

BFD. I'm sure Danny Boy and Josh could give a schiesse about my AND your opinion. Who cares? Chill out. USE some common sense.

IMG_0688.JPG

I'm hearing and seeing on the TL that it's starting tmrw. Should be interesting. Could be good and bad

IMG_2821.GIF

The brand was built on it's designs, don't forget that. If you think this brand was built on simply being limited then you're completely new to this. Don't take that the wrong way, but even when the webshop opened stuff sat and things were much more limited then...and that was 10 years ago.

Feel like this sale was timed perfectly. Right after a season with a LV Collab. Hype at an all time high

The hype is crazy right now. I've been thinning out my collection as of late. Getting rid of the heavily branded, loud pieces, in favor of more minimal branded cut and sewn pieces. This might sound crazy, but I hate the attention I get wearing loud pieces.

supreme has a great formula..a lot of speculation going on now due to the new acquisition..but I don't think the end of their 'edginess' is on the horizon..

they are expanding more globally..but they are still going to be keeping the format the same..2 seasons/weekly drops where everything will be gone in an hour/collabs/etc

Last edited:
it's not gonna be product. its investment in terms or real estate and licensing.

yall acting like they inked a distribution deal with amazon

supreme had a great formula..a lot of speculation going on now due to the new acquisition..but I don't think the end of their 'edginess' is on the horizon..

they are expanding more globally..but they are still going to be keeping the format the same..2 seasons/weekly drops where everything will be gone in an hour/collabs/etc

I think they should make the generic styles and keep the collabs at their flagships.

supreme had a great formula..a lot of speculation going on now due to the new acquisition..but I don't think the end of their 'edginess' is on the horizon..

Yea pretty much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom