Old Nintendo system sells for $13,105

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

If the auction went that high because of Stadium Events...Im offing myself tonight.

219uyiw.jpg

I threw that game away when I was 8-9 years old...
tired.gif

dont get mad, you didn't have this version......you had "the power pad"..... this was the test market version of this game.......I learned this a few years ago when I came across my power pad version and almost creamed my jeans thinking I just hit it big....only to find out I did not
frown.gif

roll.gif

I thought I found a gem one time too. I found an NES version of Super Mario 2 - The Japanese version that was only released in the US on Mario All Stars for SNES..Seen it at a pawn shop and thought I found some 1/1 game....Found out it was from a site that bootlegs games. They took the Famicom version and copied it to a blank NES cart and it isn't worth %*%@...

please don't tell me that stadium events was the game that you could buy the floor mat for and race over the hurdles...I used to play that with my folks when I was like 4. Is this the same?

oh man, i had like two of these games. i remember my first stadium events couldn't catch the right blow, so i bought another. i ended up sending them away to the philippines
smh.gif

I like how only 200 were sold, but like 6 people in here are saying they had one....

I was just gonna say that... homie above me just said he had 2?

Realtalk though I live 2 minutes from where a Woolworths USED to be in the Northeast... I wonder if they had it in the day?

I think people are mistaking the Track and Field game with the Power Pad for this Family Fitness one...

Mad people had the Track game...

The North American, or NTSC, version of Stadium Events is universally accepted as the rarest licensed NES game available for purchase in North America.[sup][2][/sup][sup][3][/sup][sup][4][/sup][sup][5][/sup] It was recently named #6 on a list of 20 "Holy Grails of Console Gaming"[sup][6][/sup], a list that covered all gaming systems in all countries. The reason for its rarity and subsequent high market price[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup][sup][9][/sup] is due to its limited production and sales.[sup][10][/sup] At the time of its launch during the holiday season of 1987, Stadium Events was only available at Northern-region Woolworth's Department Store, which was a test market for Bandai.[sup][11][/sup] In 1988, Nintendo purchased the North American rights to the FFF mat technology and re-released it as the Power Pad.The two Family Fun Fitness-branded games that had already beenreleased, as well as Bandai's version of the running pad accessory,were pulled from shelves and presumed destroyed. Because of this oddsequence of events, only 2000 copies are believed to have beenproduced, of which it is estimated that 200 copies reached consumersbefore being recalled.[sup][10][/sup]Today, collectors who follow the online sale of rare video gamesbelieve that fewer than 10 complete copies of the game exist, only oneof which is factory sealed. An eBay auction of a NES console along witha copy of the game with manual and box landed the seller a winning bidof $13,105 on February 13, 2010.[sup][12]
[/sup]
[sup]
A little help of you people who acutally think they have this game
roll.gif
roll.gif

[/sup]

It's amazing how many copies have popped up onto ebay since this auction. I'm pretty sure there are more than 10, as they say.
About 5 are on ebay, 1 just sold, another one was sold before, and not to mention the collectors who already own a copy. And then now people saying they have it here on NT

Edit - What's the difference between the PAL version and the NTSC?

I think it means 10 or so FULL copies, meaning game+box+manual. I havent actually looked at whats on ebay, but im guessing theyre just games? I still would go withmore than 10 though.

Originally Posted by ridikuloz

laugh.gif
at how many people don't read the whole thread and just post stuff
laugh.gif
probably my favorite thing of NT

They read the headline then immediately go to post

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by ridikuloz

laugh.gif
at how many people don't read the whole thread and just post stuff
laugh.gif
probably my favorite thing of NT

They read the headline then immediately go to post
Co-sign, most NTers are post-happy just trying boost their post count.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

I like how only 200 were sold, but like 6 people in here are saying they had one....

I was just gonna say that... homie above me just said he had 2?

Realtalk though I live 2 minutes from where a Woolworths USED to be in the Northeast... I wonder if they had it in the day?
roll.gif

Everyone on NT had that game?  And some had multiple copies? 

roll.gif

Y'all killing me. 

Is this for real, I'm gonna try going n find mind and do the same thing. I wonder how much the sega mega drive will go for.

AN NES IS GOING FOR THAT MUCH?
eek.gif

I swear I still have that thing im my basement somewhere. I'm going searching tonight.

Originally Posted by Apocalypz

AN NES IS GOING FOR THAT MUCH?
eek.gif

I swear I still have that thing im my basement somewhere. I'm going searching tonight.

read son!
smh.gif
the only reason it went that high is because of the rare game.

Back
Top Bottom