Old Nintendo system sells for $13,105

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

How is the box worth more than the game?
smh.gif

A box is more likely to get thrown a way than the game is, thus making it harder to find.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Holy #%$^ i still have Family Fun Fitness and the power pad. Decisions....
nvm i thought you only had the pad if you have stadium events you can easily get 1k for both combined even if you don't have the boxes.

Wow.
I have still have my system, powerpad, light gun, and about 45 games in perfect working condition.
I may have to put these up.

My father (RIP) brought us home a NES system when my brothers and I were kids...

I didn't even realize this game went for so much until I literally opened this thread and saw how familiar that box cover was.

We used to play this game all the time. I remember moving to another house and throwing away all of my NES games because we just bought a Sega.
tired.gif

damn....
mad.gif
I will smack myself after this post. I sold that stadium events for like $5 during school lunch, back in the days.

The power pads cooked. My oldest brother OD'ed on leaning on the tv while mashing on power pad trying to beat cheetah...dude was just too fast with the one-legged run.

Why y'all getting all
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
?  If you dont have that exact version your game isn't worth anything.

only 2000 copies are believed to have been produced, of which it isestimated that 200 copies reached consumers before being recalled.

I don't understand ppl even wantin to buy this unless it has s
entimental values from childhood.

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

does anyone know why it was recalled?
not sure if this would answer your question but:

"The reason for its rarity and subsequent high market price[6][7][8]is due to its limited production and sales.[9] At the time of itslaunch during the holiday season of 1987, Stadium Events was onlyavailable at Northern-region Woolworth's Department Store, which was atest market for Bandai.[10] In 1988, Nintendo purchased the NorthAmerican rights to the FFF mat technology and re-released it as thePower Pad. The two Family Fun Fitness-branded games that had alreadybeen released, as well as Bandai's version of the running padaccessory, were pulled from shelves and presumed destroyed. Because ofthis odd sequence of events, only 2000 copies are believed to have beenproduced, of which it is estimated that 200 copies reached consumersbefore being recalled.[9] Today, collectors who follow the online saleof rare video games believe that less than 10 complete copies of thegame exist, only one of which is factory sealed. A complete copy soldon eBay in November 2008 for over $7,500.[11] A complete copy againsold on ebay as part of a lot of five games for $13,105 on February 10,2010.[12]"

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

THIS CANNOT BE REAL. I CAN GET MY HANDS ON A FEW OF THESE SYSTEMS AT ANY MOMENT. I MAY HAVE TO SET UP AN AUCTION LOL

The only reason this auction went for so much is because it comes with a really rare game. So if you don't have that game, you aren't going to make much money off a Nintendo.

i had that game with the cover and everything. prolly hiding someplace that will never be found
laugh.gif

It's the box and instructions people. Not just the game.

I like how only 200 were sold, but like 6 people in here are saying they had one....

I also like the fact that the average NTer was born 5-6 years AFTER this game came out and probably wasn't able to play video games until they were at least 5 y/o, well after PS1 already came out, but yet they bought one of these.....lol

PLUS - Their are like 3 different version of this game and only 1 is worth $500-$1000 w/o the box. If you did have 1, I would almost guarantee it wasn't this version...

NES>PS3 + 360

Yeah, I'm old....

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

It's the box and instructions people. Not just the game.

I like how only 200 were sold, but like 6 people in here are saying they had one....

I also like the fact that the average NTer was born 5-6 years AFTER this game came out and probably wasn't able to play video games until they were at least 5 y/o, well after PS1 already came out, but yet they bought one of these.....lol

PLUS - Their are like 3 different version of this game and only 1 is worth $500-$1000 w/o the box. If you did have 1, I would almost guarantee it wasn't this version...
thank you. 

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

If the auction went that high because of Stadium Events...Im offing myself tonight.

219uyiw.jpg

I threw that game away when I was 8-9 years old...
tired.gif

dont get mad, you didn't have this version......you had "the power pad"..... this was the test market version of this game.......I learned this a few years ago when I came across my power pad version and almost creamed my jeans thinking I just hit it big....only to find out I did not
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom