Ohio Appreciation thread Vol: NT Loves Ohio (except for Xenia)

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

I lived in Fullerton, CA in Orange County for 10 years before moving to Cincinnati, so I know what's good with 713. And Cincinnati is not even bad at all. Yeah I may move back to California later, but there isn't any reason to hate Ohio. I guess the first person on NT to make fun of Ohio was probably funny, but it has really lost taste since then.

Thank you.

I was born in NYC. Spent most of my life in Cleveland and now live in San Francisco. And to be 100 with y'all, I was happier living in Cleveland than California.

Some people (like proper english) need something or somebody to laugh at just to feel better about themselves.
grin.gif
 Homie get y'all weight up. Not ya' hate up.

You pull a card of a kid like me who has came to California, became an entrepreneur and earned the respect of those who are well respected but you have the nerve to kick rocks around the city that made me?

Spoiler [+]
20090105_ohio.jpg

"ohh - you not feelin me?
Fine; it cost you nothin - pay me no mind"

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Some people (like proper english) need something or somebody to laugh at just to feel better about themselves.
grin.gif
 Homie get y'all weight up. Not ya' hate up.

the hell? 
laugh.gif
 it's all jokes fam.. i watched the movie and thought about NT's love of OH.. aint' nobody here pullin' anyones cards over here 
grin.gif
  relax. 

im moving to westerville in a couple weeks [jeezy voice] yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa [/jeezy voice].
i never got the ohio hate on this board. we have our bad stories just like every other state. let this board tell it and its like we're ******s in the stone age. we really dont base our lives on where lebron goes either, this is buckeye country before anything (even though i hate OSU)

is this what's really good in rural Ohio?

key word being rural

buncha lemings on this site. this hate ohio deal is tired and boring now

Those lists are trash. They take into consideration the littlest things.

yet you'd be the first lame to post a worst cities to live list with ohio cities in it

shout out to the buckeye state
pimp.gif

cleveland
cincinnati
columbus
toledo
akron
canton
youngstown
dayton
lima
steubenville

Originally Posted by young lex

Obviously the majority of people who post on here don't even pay there own bills so why even comment. I lived in an apartment the size of a big closet in NY for 8 years before moving to Ohio. My mortgage payment now is less then what i was paying for my apartment in New York. Combine that with really cheap auto insurance, six percent sales tax, cheap property tax, plus i make the same money i was making in NY. Who really wouldn't make the move? I have a house with a huge basement, a pool table, small gym,swimming pool in the backyard,jacuzzi tub, and two cars. When you start paying your own bills you will have to make decisions like this. The big plus is the single women with manners and college educations which are very rare in NYC.
shut the $#@% up. You move from NYC to ANYWHERE your gonna have more money in your pocket because the city is expensive, my mom moved to ATL a few years back has waay more money to throw around and a waay bigger place to live and she still wants to move back to NYC. You just couldn't handle the city to begin with, and your last statement makes 0 sense at all.

If your rent is cheap, it's cheap for a reason.  Rent is cheap in Ohio for a reason.

Spent most of my life in Cleveland and now live in San Francisco. And to be 100 with y'all, I was happier living in Cleveland than California.
laugh.gif

Be 100 with yourself before you're 100 with us.

Maybe you hate it here in San Francisco because you say "y'all"

I knew, What up would show up in this thread.

My biggest beef with Ohio is the fact I couldn't pay my damn speeding ticket online. That and 80 in 65 shouldn't warrant a damn ticket, especially when you're going with the flow of traffic.

boilermaker makin iverson look silly.

Most people, families, business men, educated people, people that just want to live a nice, laid back life- they dont consider doin it in NYC OR CALI.

Im not hatin on NYC or CALI, me personally, i would absolutely LOVE to live in either of those places. (prob not for the same reason most of you would)

But if i wanted to have a family, or "settle down" i am most likely not doin it in NYC OR CALI.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

I lived in Fullerton, CA in Orange County for 10 years grew up in Dayton, OH before moving to Cincinnati Orange County, CA, so I know what's good with 713 937. And Cincinnati is not even bad at all. Yeah I may move back to California later, but there isn't any reason to hate Ohio. I guess the first person on NT to make fun of Ohio was probably funny, but it has really lost taste since then. Women in general in CA, make women in OH look like garbage.

Fixed

Originally Posted by young lex

Couldn't handle the city? You don't even know me so how can you say that? I just got tired of throwing my money away. People spend 75% percent of there time shopping or dancing in NY cause its really the only thing to do. You can't own a car unless you want to circle for an hour looking for parking, you live in a tiny roach infested apt.that costs $1000 a month, If your over 30 you've probably been everywhere worth while already, and you become a pop culture #@#@$ just to fit in. Its all old already and half the population is either moving to jersey, poconos,or connecticut. If its for you then more power too you but you sound like your about 16. When you hit your late 20's let me know.
Like i said you could make that "it's cheaper" and "it has roaches" argument for any city against NYC. You don't know anything about me either but im 18 and i DO take care of myself and pay rent so your late 20's argument is null and void. Would i move to Ohio down the line ? NEVER Atlanta ? Maybe if i have kids

Ohio is ok. Not the best place, but there are some nice places to live, and if you want to raise a family, stuff like that there are a lot of good choices around the 3 major cities. But it is a bit boring compared to some larger cities. Eh, it is....what it is

Not to be an idiot, but is 216 Cleveland? City area code? I knew a few from Medina but have only been to Cleveland once. I have heard I need to go to the Flats, is that true?

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

boilermaker makin iverson look silly.

Most people, families, business men, educated people, people that just want to live a nice, laid back life- they dont consider doin it in NYC OR CALI.

Im not hatin on NYC or CALI, me personally, i would absolutely LOVE to live in either of those places. (prob not for the same reason most of you would)

But if i wanted to have a family, or "settle down" i am most likely not doin it in NYC OR CALI.
I'm raising my kids in the suburbs near big time cities. Orange county and the bay area are perfect
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by SCOTTY PIMPIN

Illinois to me and Ohio are pretty much the same.

thanks for the laughs
laugh.gif

funniest joke ive heard ever
laugh.gif
You ever been to either state fam? Throw Chicago outta the mix and Illinois is just like Ohio...

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Not to be an idiot, but is 216 Cleveland? City area code? I knew a few from Medina but have only been to Cleveland once. I have heard I need to go to the Flats, is that true?

216 is Cleveland.

330 originally here - Youngstown
pimp.gif
(not really, its horrible now lol)

NT roast for the state of Ohio will begin in...5

Wait for it bc this is about to turn into a funny thread and then get locked up.

Back
Top Bottom