OH SNAP! Nike Air Trainer SC II SUMMER 2011 via TheShoeGame.com

Wow. I have been advocating FOR YEARS a long with Wally to get a retro of this shoe and finally Nike Gives us a retro. MY ONE AND ONLY QUESTION IS, WHO IN THE HELL.......IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COLOR BLOCKING ON THIS SHOE? This is absolutely HORRIBLE. How do you turn THIS

INTO THIS!!!!!!!

There was a reason the color lining was blue, it made the shoe POP! And what the hell is up with the dark grey accents? I don't know who was in charge of choosing colors on this shoe but let them go back to coloring in air force 1's or something and get someone that KNOW"S SHOES to handle this legendary shoe. We've waited WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to long for someone to come a long and jack up the color's. Get it right.

Wow. I have been advocating FOR YEARS a long with Wally to get a retro of this shoe and finally Nike Gives us a retro. MY ONE AND ONLY QUESTION IS, WHO IN THE HELL.......IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COLOR BLOCKING ON THIS SHOE? This is absolutely HORRIBLE. How do you turn THIS

INTO THIS!!!!!!!

There was a reason the color lining was blue, it made the shoe POP! And what the hell is up with the dark grey accents? I don't know who was in charge of choosing colors on this shoe but let them go back to coloring in air force 1's or something and get someone that KNOW"S SHOES to handle this legendary shoe. We've waited WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to long for someone to come a long and jack up the color's. Get it right.

preach. The very fact that the first initial sample is wrong is highly questionable. Do they have some random computer program pick out colors? Some monkey from the zoo pointing at a white board?
laugh.gif

08 at1 chlorophyll samples had a WHITE panel upper.
09 auburn at sc high samples had a different shade of orange on two parts of the shoe
etc....

How you even get to that point is beyond crazy. I guess the only consolation is that they EVENTUALLY get it right with the final product.

preach. The very fact that the first initial sample is wrong is highly questionable. Do they have some random computer program pick out colors? Some monkey from the zoo pointing at a white board?
laugh.gif

08 at1 chlorophyll samples had a WHITE panel upper.
09 auburn at sc high samples had a different shade of orange on two parts of the shoe
etc....

How you even get to that point is beyond crazy. I guess the only consolation is that they EVENTUALLY get it right with the final product.

Fellas, you guys think they read NT  or Face Book about us wanting the shoe to be released?  I know there was something on FB about it.  Just my thought, but maybe we can post on FB about how much we want o.g colors.  Again, just a suggestion.

Fellas, you guys think they read NT  or Face Book about us wanting the shoe to be released?  I know there was something on FB about it.  Just my thought, but maybe we can post on FB about how much we want o.g colors.  Again, just a suggestion.

WOW...yes. 3 pairs for sure.

As above has stated, I am positive NIKE trolls the various shoe sites. They must...it is now business 101....free way to see what your customers are thinking and talking about. I AM VERY VERY HAPPY!

WOW...yes. 3 pairs for sure.

As above has stated, I am positive NIKE trolls the various shoe sites. They must...it is now business 101....free way to see what your customers are thinking and talking about. I AM VERY VERY HAPPY!

wow these %%+%%$@ at nike better not make the air chambers colored smh....

#+%% i gotta feelings these idiots are gonna #+%% these up like they did the tech challenges....smh...

heres what i dont get. nike knows the young dumb and blind crowd will eat these up regardless of color just because they are "retros" and some guy from the "80's" who was a two sport star wore um but why not double your $*@!%@$ profit by keeping people who were actually around for the og release happy??? really is it THAT hard?

Come on nike. You already ++++#! up by letting jordan brand think they on they own but come on son...

wow these %%+%%$@ at nike better not make the air chambers colored smh....

#+%% i gotta feelings these idiots are gonna #+%% these up like they did the tech challenges....smh...

heres what i dont get. nike knows the young dumb and blind crowd will eat these up regardless of color just because they are "retros" and some guy from the "80's" who was a two sport star wore um but why not double your $*@!%@$ profit by keeping people who were actually around for the og release happy??? really is it THAT hard?

Come on nike. You already ++++#! up by letting jordan brand think they on they own but come on son...

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

INTO THIS!!!!!!!

Yeah, I agree... There are several things we can pick on, but these are just samples, so fingers-crossed, they'll make the proper changes.  My biggest 'gripe' is with the lower ankle collar.  I really liked the use of the neoprene-%!% collar on the OG (almost like the birth of the Huarache-fit), but on these retros, it just seems like it was a half-@$% attempt at it.  Looks like they kept the removable-strap.
I have no doubt that they'll make an infrared version... I just hope they do it right.  

INTO THIS!!!!!!!

Yeah, I agree... There are several things we can pick on, but these are just samples, so fingers-crossed, they'll make the proper changes.  My biggest 'gripe' is with the lower ankle collar.  I really liked the use of the neoprene-%!% collar on the OG (almost like the birth of the Huarache-fit), but on these retros, it just seems like it was a half-@$% attempt at it.  Looks like they kept the removable-strap.
I have no doubt that they'll make an infrared version... I just hope they do it right.  

Originally Posted by SinnerP

INTO THIS!!!!!!!

I hate to break it to you guys... but I wouldnt get my hopes up.  Nike's been having us settle for what they put out for years, because it they know they can get closer to the OG for the next 3 editions and a large majority of people would still buy the shoe. 
Its like how Apple comes out with a new iPod/Phone/Touch iEverything each year with incremental improvements that should of been on there in the first place (copy and paste, MMS to name a few).  Why have you be completely satisfied for $100ish when they can string you along for $400+? 

Originally Posted by SinnerP

INTO THIS!!!!!!!

I hate to break it to you guys... but I wouldnt get my hopes up.  Nike's been having us settle for what they put out for years, because it they know they can get closer to the OG for the next 3 editions and a large majority of people would still buy the shoe. 
Its like how Apple comes out with a new iPod/Phone/Touch iEverything each year with incremental improvements that should of been on there in the first place (copy and paste, MMS to name a few).  Why have you be completely satisfied for $100ish when they can string you along for $400+? 

My true concern with all this talk is that Nike may be thinking , "Hey we already did OG colorways on the AUTO TRAINER GS, this past year. Let's give the folks something different. No need to rehash anything".

At this point in time, I don't even care about the ripstop nylon straping at the bottom of the upper near the midsole.

These GS's were 95% perfect (strap and outsole excluded)
6086387.jpg

NI407916-100_pict2_9_1419_15959.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

I'm talking shape, color, massive design elements on upper that layer being right. A huge undertaking to make for a KIDS release, right?

I'm optimistic for now but knowing Nike I believe they'll think about those and give us something different, as if they are doing us a favor.. YOU'RE NOT DOING ANYONE FAVORS! OG C/Ws or these don't exist to me.

My true concern with all this talk is that Nike may be thinking , "Hey we already did OG colorways on the AUTO TRAINER GS, this past year. Let's give the folks something different. No need to rehash anything".

At this point in time, I don't even care about the ripstop nylon straping at the bottom of the upper near the midsole.

These GS's were 95% perfect (strap and outsole excluded)
6086387.jpg

NI407916-100_pict2_9_1419_15959.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

I'm talking shape, color, massive design elements on upper that layer being right. A huge undertaking to make for a KIDS release, right?

I'm optimistic for now but knowing Nike I believe they'll think about those and give us something different, as if they are doing us a favor.. YOU'RE NOT DOING ANYONE FAVORS! OG C/Ws or these don't exist to me.

INTO THIS!!!!!!!

I agree 100%. If they do release a shoe after so long they should stick to the original color scheme. That turquoise "POP"s like a mofo.

Back
Top Bottom