Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

growing up, i always thought Scarface was a movie TONS of people loved and considered one of the best movies ever. when i finally saw it, i thought it was entertaining but never thought it was amazing or anything. but as lawdog1 lawdog1 said, the more people i discuss movies with over time, the more i realized that most people thought the same thing, just an entertaining movie but definitely not one of the greats

Think I'm going to end up seeing Dial of Destiny with my pops this weekend... will be one of those things we did if you know what I'm saying. I already miss him and he's still here (65 years old). He's one of the smartest, best, handiest, nicest, loving people I've ever met.

We were talking about Seinfeld and Friends today

Those that like Friends, liked Jay Leno

Those that liked Seinfeld, liked David Letterman

I break the generation by being the latter, the Seinfeld/David Letterman person. Which means I like Chandler the most. He, my dad, likes Joey, who is my second favorite. Chandler would've been watching Letterman if they ever had a scene like that, but they didn't. Leno was the only one to appear on Seinfeld when talking to Chandler's mom in Seasons 1 or 2.

I'm one of those people who like Leno's headlines/but moreso Letterman, yet I liked both, like I liked both Friends and Seinfeld.

The blonde chick that played the second lead, Kate Capshaw, man... was literally useless. If you look at her IMDB profile, my god who owed her a favor. She never did anything else and that was like her third movie and she books that? Something had to be up.

Hey, that’s Mrs Spielberg to you!

You’ll love the next one though - much more like Raiders and a lot of fun stuff with his dad.

MajinZuub MajinZuub I just so happened to be thinking of our ‘90 movies discussion.

Think I might buy TMNT on Amazon. I feel like I should have seen it by now, being a fan of the 90’s and all

Think I'm going to end up seeing Dial of Destiny with my pops this weekend... will be one of those things we did if you know what I'm saying. I already miss him and he's still here (65 years old). He's one of the smartest, best, handiest, nicest, loving people I've ever met.
Much love to Papa Jpz! ❤️

Younger me would have also said this about the TMNT trilogy but I watched the OG few years back and II shortly after and realized both stood up but the OG was just that much better. Don't think I have any desire to rewatch III again. Saw it in theaters and was so disappointed, later saw it a few years later and yea it was still bad.

“KEEP ORDER I SAY!”

“Mr. Lowe, man this boat”

1687989538687.gif

Played hooky today and went with my brother to catch Asteroid City.

Enjoyed it, did not love it. Too much going on, too many characters. All the extra stuff, IMO, diluted a bit from what I thought were the best parts of the film. All the performances were very solid and delivered in perfect Wesworld style, but some of the characters had very little screen time and felt like throw-ins.

Fantastic looking throughout and definitely had some great scenes. 6.25/8

Movie includes about 2 seconds of ScarJo full frontal via a mirror reflection. Caught me off guard, but I was not mad at it :nerd:

Rewatching the Indy Trilogy (Dont count Kingdom of the Crystal Skull lol).

Just got through Raiders and Temple of Doom. Surprise Surprise but these are still fantastic. I would argue this is Spielberg at the top of his game.
The set pieces are just incredible.

Going to see Asteroid City tomorrow so appreciate the feedback lawdog1 lawdog1
I've enjoyed most of Wes Anderson's movies so know basically what to expects with these type of films. I enjoyed French Dispatch for what it was but definitely not one of Wes' better films.

Going to see Asteroid City tomorrow so appreciate the feedback lawdog1 lawdog1
I've enjoyed most of Wes Anderson's movies so know basically what to expects with these type of films. I enjoyed French Dispatch for what it was but definitely not one of Wes' better films.
Cool. Definitely interested in hearing what others think about the movie.

And I want to stress that, despite my criticims, I did really enjoy the movie and plan to watch it again at some point.

Back
Top Bottom