Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Played hooky today and went with my brother to catch Asteroid City.

Enjoyed it, did not love it. Too much going on, too many characters. All the extra stuff, IMO, diluted a bit from what I thought were the best parts of the film. All the performances were very solid and delivered in perfect Wesworld style, but some of the characters had very little screen time and felt like throw-ins.

Fantastic looking throughout and definitely had some great scenes. 6.25/8

Movie includes about 2 seconds of ScarJo full frontal via a mirror reflection. Caught me off guard, but I was not mad at it :nerd:
Interesting movie. Enjoyed it, but there was a lot going on like you said. Way too many characters

Anybody watch Three Thousand Years of Longing?
yeah. quite boring for me to be honest. pacing is too slow and more talking to be honest.

Attachments

• talker.gif
    talker.gif
    360.2 KB · Views: 51
Watched No Hard Feelings. Surprisingly, better than expected. Not a super raunchy flick, but had enough laughs. Jlaw does well in this role

Watched No Hard Feelings. Surprisingly, better than expected. Not a super raunchy flick, but had enough laughs. Jlaw does well in this role
Didnt doubt it would be an ok maybe even fun watch. I just dont know why! Id HOPE she did well in the role, it's like when pros go hoop at 24 hr fitness. I guess you just gotta get that run(check) in sometimes.

I've been blowing through my sopranos rewatch... Man. That show is so ****ing good

Also watching tropic thunder right now. Such a classic comedy.

I also hit My 10-year anniversary at my job today officially so I've had one or four bourbons and a cigar and celebration so I apologize if there is any rambling speak to text post from me in the next hour or so
I rewatched it in its entirety last Summer before I watched the Saints of Newark and man, greatness…I love that film mostly because of my rewatch and fresh perspective on Junior. Saints of Newark is so fire to me.

Claustrophobic "zombie" film centering on a radio host trapped in his workplace while he listens to the world go into chaos. Hard to describe. Good tense thriller that's 99% dialogue. Very small budget film that bats way above its league, imho.
This sounds pretty cool

Can we not post FB videos on here? Or am I doing something wrong?

🗣 Mods!!!!

Link (delete the spaces):
https://m.facebo ok.com/ChrisVan Vliet/vide os/william-ficht ner-talks-about-his-expe rience-filming-the-dark-kni ght-opening-scen/11955583 24359206/

I preface posting this link by saying (and you can search my history to confirm this) I have serious issues with the term “overrated” when it comes to very subjective things like taste in movies and music, but nevertheless here is a list of “overrated” movies -

It is clearly intended to irritate a lot of people

I preface posting this link by saying (and you can search my history to confirm this) I have serious issues with the term “overrated” when it comes to very subjective things like taste in movies and music, but nevertheless here is a list of “overrated” movies -

All must see movies if you like movies.

May I post the top ten from the article, for easy viewing?

10. Jaws (1975)
9. The Shining (1980)
8. Forrest Gump (1994)
7. The Blair Witch Project (1999)
6. The Notebook (2004)
5. Fight Club (1999)
4. Gravity (2013)
3. Moulin Rouge! (2001)
2. Titanic (1997)
1. Avatar (2009)

I mean I firmly agree with at least a couple right of the bat, and it Wrigley take much convincing for like 3 or 4 more. I can see the case for 9 of the 10, actually.

Overrated?
10. Jaws (1975)
I can see it.
9. The Shining (1980)
I can see it.
8. Forrest Gump (1994)
Yeahno.
7. The Blair Witch Project (1999) ABSOLUTELY!
6. The Notebook (2004)
ALL OF THE YES!
5. Fight Club (1999)
I can see it.
4. Gravity (2013)
I can see it.
3. Moulin Rouge! (2001)
I can see it.
2. Titanic (1997)
THANK YOU!!!
1. Avatar (2009)
Yeahno.

Overrated?
10. Jaws (1975)
I can see it.
9. The Shining (1980)
I can see it.
8. Forrest Gump (1994)
Yeahno.
7. The Blair Witch Project (1999) ABSOLUTELY!
6. The Notebook (2004)
ALL OF THE YES!
5. Fight Club (1999)
I can see it.
4. Gravity (2013)
I can see it.
3. Moulin Rouge! (2001)
I can see it.
2. Titanic (1997)
THANK YOU!!!
1. Avatar (2009)
Yeahno.
You’ve proven exactly why I think the word “overrated” is silly in these matters.

You like what you like, other people like what they like. Nobody’s wrong. It’s all just opinion.

Blair Witch is one of the most "you had to be there" movies. By saying that im not saying its good, and should probably be higher on the list. Has no replay value, and didnt hold up immediately after viewing. But being there around the hype was a moment🤣

You’ve proven exactly why I think the word “overrated” is silly in these matters.

You like what you like, other people like what they like. Nobody’s wrong. It’s all just opinion.

Art is subjective. There are technical aspects that can definitely be debated but people are entertained by different things. obviously greatness will stand out but yeah.

I mean to that end, 'Best movie' is silly. 'Horrible movie' is silly. Every opinion on everything is unquantifiable silliness with no point in being vocalized/typed.

"Well, that's like, your opinion, man" shuts down probably 90% of all dialogue.

Back
Top Bottom