Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

7gzvatsprt8b1.jpg

I mean to that end, 'Best movie' is silly. 'Horrible movie' is silly. Every opinion on everything is unquantifiable silliness worth no point in being vocalized/typed.

"Well, that's like, your opinion, man" shuts down probably 90% of all dialogue.

1688049826225.gif

I mean to that end, 'Best movie' is silly. 'Horrible movie' is silly. Every opinion on everything is unquantifiable silliness worth no point in being vocalized/typed.

"Well, that's like, your opinion, man" shuts down probably 90% of all dialogue.
I'm going to have to disagree on that. Because reasonable conversations can be had as to why people have different opinions on things.

For example, as I believe I've mentioned in here before, I'm not a big Good Will Hunting fan. I recognize that its an objectively well made and well acted film, but there's nothing else about that it resonates with me in any special way. I also don't find the writing to be as clever/insightful as a lot of other people do. I've seen it once, maybe twice and I'm good with that. But I don't call the movie overrated because I know a lot of other people do love it. Like I've seen you explain why you like GWH so much and think your reasoning makes complete sense to me and I respect your opinion about it.

I think its interesting to hear what's behind certain opinions, even if they're different from my own.

I'm going to have to disagree on that. Because reasonable conversations can be had as to why people have different opinions on things.

For example, as I believe I've mentioned in here before, I'm not a big Good Will Hunting fan. I recognize that its an objectively well made and well acted film, but there's nothing else about that it resonates with me in any special way. I also don't find the writing to be as clever/insightful as a lot of other people do. I've seen it once, maybe twice and I'm good with that. But I don't call the movie overrated because I know a lot of other people do love it. Like I've seen you explain why you like GWH so much and think your reasoning makes complete sense to me and I respect your opinion about it.

I think its interesting to hear what's behind certain opinions, even if they're different from my own.
That last line invokes a morality clause into this that isn't really at play, so I'm going to just leave that alone other than acknowledging my awareness of the morality clause invocation.

It seems like the paragraphs prior to that morality clause could be summed up as "I have no problem with with opinions other than my own."

My only question is this: Then why is this even a discussion? "This is overrated" in an opinion, one that you very clearly have a problem with. So more accurately, it would seem like "I have no problem with opinions different than mine, except for the opinion that something is overrated. I oppose that opinion, almost unilaterally."

If I'm missing something, let me know.

That last line invokes a morality clause into this that isn't really at play, so I'm going to just leave that alone other than acknowledging my awareness of the morality clause invocation.

It seems like the paragraphs prior to that morality clause could be summed up as "I have no problem with with opinions other than my own."

My only question is this: Then why is this even a discussion? "This is overrated" in an opinion, one that you very clearly have a problem with. So more accurately, it would seem like "I have no problem with opinions different than mine, except for the opinion that something is overrated. I oppose that opinion, almost unilaterally."

If I'm missing something, let me know.
You are missing my point entirely and reading things into what I said that are not there.

I can’t explain my position on why I don’t like using the term “overrated” when it comes to highly subjective things like taste in movies, music, etc. more clearly than I already have and have nothing more to say about it.

I will not respond to any additional posts on this subject.

Jlaw didnt use a body double? Them thangs was flying and she was suplexing dudes :lol:

Last edited:
Natalie Portman should have never agreed to play an exotic dancer in Closer. She’s not that kind of person.

“Bronson, what do you think of Nat’s non-Star Wars movie roles?”

Bronson:
1688072554457.gif

Interstellar is GREAT.

Holy *censored*

So a few things now that I've finished it.

I was thoroughly impressed with the music throughout the whole thing; just perfect. And now I see in the final credits that it's Hans Zimmer. Of course. Truly masterful.

And the cinematography, the angles, the use of light and dark in different scenes, again, truly masterful, and now I see that it was directed by Christopher Nolan. Had no idea going in, but retrospectively, this had Christopher Nolan written all over it.

Chastain, McConaughey, Damon, Casey Affleck, Michael Caine, Christopher Nolan, Zimmer... MAN!!!

That ending was EEEE-LEET!!

:nthat:

Back
Top Bottom