Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Your screen name just reminded me that I've never seen Hoosiers, either.

Bad thing about that one is that I actually have it.
laugh.gif
Also a quality movie, but not on that Rocky level

Originally Posted by Noskey

JPZ, you ever gonna use that invite I gave you? 
nerd.gif

Who's up next for the movie club thing? Is it still alive?

JRP is up this week, if he don't show we'll consider this a bye week to catch up, next week is my week and I will be back from vaca and will try to re-motivate people. How on Earth does one purposely avoid LOTR?
30t6p3b.gif
Come on man.

Originally Posted by Noskey

JPZ, you ever gonna use that invite I gave you? 
nerd.gif

Who's up next for the movie club thing? Is it still alive?

JRP is up this week, if he don't show we'll consider this a bye week to catch up, next week is my week and I will be back from vaca and will try to re-motivate people. How on Earth does one purposely avoid LOTR?
30t6p3b.gif
Come on man.

Saw Tree of Life today and I really don't know how to put what I thought/ how I felt about it into words.

Saw Tree of Life today and I really don't know how to put what I thought/ how I felt about it into words.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

CP1708:
You know what, maybe we shouldn't have people name the movies they've never seen, I'm already angry.
laugh.gif
I've already ruffled feathers in General a few years ago by saying I'd never seen Scarface and in here this year by saying I'd never seen Pulp Fiction. I've since seen both movies, but yeah.
laugh.gif

So the topic of a couple movie sagas came up at work yesterday, and I mentioned that I'd never seen any of the installments of either series: Rambo and Rocky.

Seen a few minutes of the the Rocky series, but just flipping channels. Never seen 2 seconds of Rambo.
Man, First Blood is legit, and so are all 5 Rocky movies. They range from great film (Rocky) to quintessential 80s cheese (Rocky IV), but Rocky Balboa might be my favorite of them.

Rocky 4 ended the Cold War
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

CP1708:
You know what, maybe we shouldn't have people name the movies they've never seen, I'm already angry.
laugh.gif
I've already ruffled feathers in General a few years ago by saying I'd never seen Scarface and in here this year by saying I'd never seen Pulp Fiction. I've since seen both movies, but yeah.
laugh.gif

So the topic of a couple movie sagas came up at work yesterday, and I mentioned that I'd never seen any of the installments of either series: Rambo and Rocky.

Seen a few minutes of the the Rocky series, but just flipping channels. Never seen 2 seconds of Rambo.
Man, First Blood is legit, and so are all 5 Rocky movies. They range from great film (Rocky) to quintessential 80s cheese (Rocky IV), but Rocky Balboa might be my favorite of them.

Rocky 4 ended the Cold War
pimp.gif

Those %+%%!*' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a !##%!@% volcano.

Those %+%%!*' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a !##%!@% volcano.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Mother @%$$+% they went to war in every movie. With battles throughout each one. Just walking
30t6p3b.gif
Rewatch that $@$+ if you cant remember what happened.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Mother @%$$+% they went to war in every movie. With battles throughout each one. Just walking
30t6p3b.gif
Rewatch that $@$+ if you cant remember what happened.

Randal Graves: [describing the Lord of the Rings Trilogy] Here's the first movie.
[walks a few steps, staring blankly]
Randal Graves: And here's the second movie.
[walks a few steps again, pretends to trip]
Randal Graves: You ready for the third movie?
[walks yet again, stops, pretends to throw the ring into the volcano. Shrugs his shoulders and turns around]

Randal Graves: [describing the Lord of the Rings Trilogy] Here's the first movie.
[walks a few steps, staring blankly]
Randal Graves: And here's the second movie.
[walks a few steps again, pretends to trip]
Randal Graves: You ready for the third movie?
[walks yet again, stops, pretends to throw the ring into the volcano. Shrugs his shoulders and turns around]

laugh.gif
years ago Ska and I broke down LOTR in the Laker thread. We were clownin that those dudes walked across the damn planet and all they ever get offered was some bread and water. If I walk across the STREET I want at minimum some bread-water, a salad, maybe a hug or something.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
years ago Ska and I broke down LOTR in the Laker thread. We were clownin that those dudes walked across the damn planet and all they ever get offered was some bread and water. If I walk across the STREET I want at minimum some bread-water, a salad, maybe a hug or something.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One thing that my friend said after the third movie, and he made a good point.
Spoiler [+]
"These fools flew away from Mount Doom on some giant %*# birds... where the hell where the birds earlier in the films?! Frodo could have jumped on the back of one of them buzzards and done a bombing run over the volcano! Drop the ring in like a damn quarter or something. Gandalf knew about the damn birds when he called one to pick his %*# up off the top of Isengard!"

Can't really argue with that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One thing that my friend said after the third movie, and he made a good point.
Spoiler [+]
"These fools flew away from Mount Doom on some giant %*# birds... where the hell where the birds earlier in the films?! Frodo could have jumped on the back of one of them buzzards and done a bombing run over the volcano! Drop the ring in like a damn quarter or something. Gandalf knew about the damn birds when he called one to pick his %*# up off the top of Isengard!"

Can't really argue with that.
laugh.gif

If you've managed to reduce LOTR to just a bunch of guys walking around, then I'm thinking it's tough for you to see any movie.

Star Wars? Just a bunch of planes flying around in space, no biggie.

Higher Learning? Another movie about college.

Meet the Parents? Yet another movie about a couple, no reason to waste your time.

If you've managed to reduce LOTR to just a bunch of guys walking around, then I'm thinking it's tough for you to see any movie.

Star Wars? Just a bunch of planes flying around in space, no biggie.

Higher Learning? Another movie about college.

Meet the Parents? Yet another movie about a couple, no reason to waste your time.

Back
Top Bottom