Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I just finished watching Greedy People, and what I initially expected to be background noise ended up grabbing my attention and turning out to be quite enjoyable. While it's not a great film, it's definitely watchable. I'd rate it 4.5/8. If you have some time, give it a try and let me know what you think.
MV5BYzBlM2E0M2EtMjBhNy00NTEwLWJlZTgtNTg5NGFiYTNmNGZkXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Had never heard of Greedy People til now. Just watched trailer and it looks entertaining enough. JLG looks like Andrew Lincoln from Walking Dead in this though. He was essentially an A lister in the early 2010s, what happened?

Had never heard of Greedy People til now. Just watched trailer and it looks entertaining enough. JLG looks like Andrew Lincoln from Walking Dead in this though. He was essentially an A lister in the early 2010s, what happened?
Went from Don John to Ed Snowed-In

Smile 2 was pure crack, was much more contained and intense than the 1st one imo, overall it's been been a really good year for quality movies.

7.4/8

“Strange women lying around in ponds, handing out swords is no basis for a system of government.”

IMG_0421.gif

It also starts with one of the most far ahead jokes of all time - got me a few years ago.

I spent quite a while fiddling with Netflix trying to turn off the subtitles - before it descends into gibberish and I realised.

Checked out "The Shadow Strays" on Netflix last night. I was not prepared for how bloody and violent the action gets. Story isn't the best and the movie runs about 25 min too long. But the fight scenes were pretty incredible.

movie 6/10. Action 9/10

1729702188830.png

Thematic popcorn buckets seem to be a hot topic as of late
1729704614371.jpeg

This is a cool piece. Some noteworthy points:
• The movie was originally supposed to come out in the summer of 1997.
• It’s marketed as more of a disaster movie. No pictures of Jack and Rose. “Collide with destiny” is more in line with the action genre.
• During the spring and summer of 1997, this is what marketing for the movie would look like. But people responded very favorably towards the love story element during early screenings, which is why the love story was advertised more heavily later on.

Back
Top Bottom