Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by DubA169

i meant we are on page 250 of this thread lol. or were you talking about page 400 i don't even know i'm mad tired long day. Book is much more descriptive. everyone tells me book 2 and 3 are on another level though

watching the season helped me because i've never read a book with such a vast world before
laugh.gif
page 400 man

im only on 120, so ive got some ground to cover

I was thinking about starting GOT this week but all this LOTR talk has my interest rekindled in reading the series. Think I might finally resume the first one.

Watched The Valet earlier (French film), and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Plot isn't much, kinda cliche (super-rich guy (Daniel Auteil) has his supermodel mistress live with a bumbling goodhearted buffoon that's a valet driver and in love with another woman that feels for him but not so much what he offers financially) but it's genuine and works well. The two prominent female actresses are beautiful throughout the film and shot respectively without the oversexualized gawking you get in today's cinema (cough new chick's intro in Transformers); the first time you see the supermodel exit her vehicle and appear on screen, you're in awe with the way she manages to maintain beauty and innocence en route to her affair with Auteil's character. Very nice, light film thanks to the Valet's inadvertent quirkiness and boost of popularity, the dingy douchiness of a greased up cell phone salesman that tries to woo the Valet's love, and the supermodel's efforts to transcend above objectification (the ending was great).

I was thinking about starting GOT this week but all this LOTR talk has my interest rekindled in reading the series. Think I might finally resume the first one.

Watched The Valet earlier (French film), and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Plot isn't much, kinda cliche (super-rich guy (Daniel Auteil) has his supermodel mistress live with a bumbling goodhearted buffoon that's a valet driver and in love with another woman that feels for him but not so much what he offers financially) but it's genuine and works well. The two prominent female actresses are beautiful throughout the film and shot respectively without the oversexualized gawking you get in today's cinema (cough new chick's intro in Transformers); the first time you see the supermodel exit her vehicle and appear on screen, you're in awe with the way she manages to maintain beauty and innocence en route to her affair with Auteil's character. Very nice, light film thanks to the Valet's inadvertent quirkiness and boost of popularity, the dingy douchiness of a greased up cell phone salesman that tries to woo the Valet's love, and the supermodel's efforts to transcend above objectification (the ending was great).

You better damn recognize Dexter as better than any of those shows you mentioned. Just saw season 6 preview. @#$% yeah I'm ready. LOTR and Star wars same level??? Ehhhhh, I dunno. 1977 vs early 2000's. SW must be given credit for the doors they opened. Still nobody has been able to match what they created ESPECIALLY when you consider the expanded universe. If Lucas wasn't such a douche and let the franchise move forward they would STILL be churning out material nobody could match. LOTR is great, but limited in what it can offer, SW is not. /rant

You better damn recognize Dexter as better than any of those shows you mentioned. Just saw season 6 preview. @#$% yeah I'm ready. LOTR and Star wars same level??? Ehhhhh, I dunno. 1977 vs early 2000's. SW must be given credit for the doors they opened. Still nobody has been able to match what they created ESPECIALLY when you consider the expanded universe. If Lucas wasn't such a douche and let the franchise move forward they would STILL be churning out material nobody could match. LOTR is great, but limited in what it can offer, SW is not. /rant

Johnny, when I read that Snow White blurb about her kicking @#$, I thought about you.
laugh.gif
Maybe they are gonna start workin on better women roles for ya.

Johnny, when I read that Snow White blurb about her kicking @#$, I thought about you.
laugh.gif

dexter is back on? breaking bad is better than dexter. But dexter is better than the rest i listed there

dexter is back on? breaking bad is better than dexter. But dexter is better than the rest i listed there

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

And if they don't CP, I'll get the trend going myself.

I haven't watched one episode of Dexter or Breaking Bad but then again I don't really watch much tv so Idk if I have time for either of them at the moment. I'll probably get to both of them in a year or two.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

And if they don't CP, I'll get the trend going myself.

I haven't watched one episode of Dexter or Breaking Bad but then again I don't really watch much tv so Idk if I have time for either of them at the moment. I'll probably get to both of them in a year or two.

The Kids Are All Right is on the HBO channels now. The Social Network, Starz! Fully expect to watch both like three times a week now.

The Town premiers on HBO next Saturday. Once Black Swan, True Grit and The Fighter are on cable, I'm in trouble.

2010 was so good.

And Julianne Moore would so get it at 50.

The Kids Are All Right is on the HBO channels now. The Social Network, Starz! Fully expect to watch both like three times a week now.

The Town premiers on HBO next Saturday. Once Black Swan, True Grit and The Fighter are on cable, I'm in trouble.

2010 was so good.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

2010 was so good.

well my contacts are about to get dry.

2010 was so good.

well my contacts are about to get dry.

L O L at the contractors in space. Clerks is one hell of an influential movie ain't it?
laugh.gif
That's pretty good about the buzzards, sure beat all that damn walking......ya'll wouldn't believe what I just read from comic con in EW on next years geekfest. More than just comics. Hobbit, Bond, Hunger Games, 2 Snow White revamps in which she will kick @#$, Abe Lincoln vampire hunter, Total Recall remake, Clash of the Titans 2, Lone Ranger, Hansel and Gretel: which hunters.........
laugh.gif
wow. Geeks run Hollywood now. Tis official.
You forgot Ridley Scott's Alien prequel that comes out next year - Prometheus.  Too much.

L O L at the contractors in space. Clerks is one hell of an influential movie ain't it?
laugh.gif
That's pretty good about the buzzards, sure beat all that damn walking......ya'll wouldn't believe what I just read from comic con in EW on next years geekfest. More than just comics. Hobbit, Bond, Hunger Games, 2 Snow White revamps in which she will kick @#$, Abe Lincoln vampire hunter, Total Recall remake, Clash of the Titans 2, Lone Ranger, Hansel and Gretel: which hunters.........
laugh.gif
wow. Geeks run Hollywood now. Tis official.
You forgot Ridley Scott's Alien prequel that comes out next year - Prometheus.  Too much.

2010 was so good.

I caught Kids Are All Right this weekend.  Good movie.  A little melodramtic for my taste at times, but definitely well acted by Benning, Moore and Ruffalo.  The kids were pretty good too. 

2010 was so good.

I caught Kids Are All Right this weekend.  Good movie.  A little melodramtic for my taste at times, but definitely well acted by Benning, Moore and Ruffalo.  The kids were pretty good too. 

Where did yall get the GOT set for $20? I tried downloading a scan for my Nook, but it's not a good conversion...

Where did yall get the GOT set for $20? I tried downloading a scan for my Nook, but it's not a good conversion...

Back
Top Bottom