Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Took me forever, but I finally found the time. Last night I finally sat down and watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, or something close to that title.

I woulda gone with Reverse Dating Inception myself, but whatever.

Liked it. Unique. Jim Carrey was very very good, and not in his usual way. That's that sign that he can in fact do things outside of physical comedy.

Kate Winslet. :wow: The original Emily Blunt. You could spray paint her hair any color and she's still beautiful.

Had no idea Wilkinson, Ruffalo and Dunst were in this and was that the Hobbit too? Forget his name, Wood, Elijah Wood, was that him? He was worthless. But the other 3, they were money, tho Ruffalo was underused.

At first it was giving me a headache tryin to keep up, but once I got the hang of it all, I was on board. Literally, Inception helped me follow this. If I saw this when it dropped, pre Inception, I probably woulda been lost as hell, but once I started seein things move and disapear in the backdrop of what they were doin, I understood.

I probably need to watch it again to catch a few things here and there, make sure I picked up on everything I needed, but just on the initial watch it was really solid. Not sure I wanna go 93% like the rating it showed, but close enough for me. 8.5/10 is fair enough, maybe I can be talked into a 9 after a second viewing.

I knew I couldn't be the only one that sees the similarities with Kate Winslet and Emily Blunt. Almost typed her name when I was talking about 5 Year Engagement.

I tend to link Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with Lost in Translation. There's just something about the two films in look and feel that are similar to me.

Premise wise, Eternal.... is also like The Final Cut but less dramatic.

i jumped on this thread later than most , is there some inside joke with CP and the fast and furious franchise?
laugh.gif

not sure if sarcasm
laugh.gif

i jumped on this thread later than most , is there some inside joke with CP and the fast and furious franchise?
laugh.gif

not sure if sarcasm
laugh.gif
While he's not the only fan (I'm one as well), he's probably the most vocal and passionate about it.

Plus he has a tattoo of Vin Diesel over his heart.

Most of these dudes wouldn't know a great franchise if it bit them in the ***.

The enlightened ones of us, we know full well this franchise is serious. And I'm spreading the word is all.

I didn't get the Vin tat tho, I got Han on my left bicep tho. :lol:

Does the Rock owe some of you guys money or something?

Snitch
Pain and Gain
GI Joe 2
Fast Six
Empire State
Lore

5 of those are out before June man. :wow: :x :rofl:

Gad damn that's a lot of work. I know he's not in every scene or anything, but yeesh. :smh:

**** me runnin.........I just put something together in my head........

Summer 2015

Star Wars 7
Avengers 2
Justice League

3 of the biggest blockbusters in the world, and then........

Fast & Furious 7 would be coming out as well. :wow: :rofl: :pimp:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I need 2015 to get here already.

Speaking of Star Wars, I just read on IMDB that the first SW "spinoff" film under Disney is going to be about Yoda. Personally, I think that's potentially pretty awesome.

Marvel wanted a tough guy with a dash of comedy so boom Chris Pratt of Parks and Rec and Zero Dark Thirty to star and lead in Guardians of the Galaxy

The Burn has it's moments but Ross and other comedians "roasting" the world gets tiresome after five minutes.

it gets me to hysterically laugh on a consistent basis more than any of the shows you posted. they roast each other for a third of the show

I'm not a big fan of happy endings. the acting is perfect but it's too corny for me to love or recommend.

not saying the burn is "better" than parks and rec or archer. but it you just want to zone out and laugh, it's the best.

Last edited:
i love fandom , i'm oddly fascinated with it . love hearing anyone talk about something they really like/love

as a laker fan i can hear a bostonian ramble about the celtics legacy , stories ....the atmosphere in the 80's etc for hours

i never like star wars but i could watch a 3 hour documentary on those nerds that dress up and go to those conventions

im fascinated at peoples love of things i dont understand
laugh.gif

Chris Pratt Getting ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Lead
[h1] [/h1]
[h1]Chris Pratt Getting ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Lead[/h1]
By MIKE FLEMING JR  | Tuesday February 5, 2013 @ 3:34pm EST

EXCLUSIVE: After a long search,Marvel Studios  has found its lead for its next big superhero franchise, the James Gunn-directedGuardians Of The Galaxy. I hear the role will go to Chris Pratt, theMoneyball  star who bulked up and played one of the hero Navy SEALs in Kathryn Bigelow’s  Zero Dark Thirty The role is Star-Lord, the Guardians leader who is the offspring of a human mother and an alien father. A puffier Pratt plays Andy Dwyer on the NBC seriesParks And Recreation. He certainly has the charisma to hold the screen.

Marvel had made test deals  with Zero Dark Thirty‘s Joel Edgerton, Boardwalk Empire‘s Jack Huston, Cloud Atlas‘ Jim Sturgess, Lee Pace (who has roles in both Lincoln  and The Hobbit), and Eddie Redmayne from Les Miserables. More recently, Zachary Levi was identified as a candidate. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was pursued, but he has other plans. An August 1, 2014 release date for the pic is planned.

Back
Top Bottom