Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Ted is what it is.

It's not really well directed or meaningful or deep or quick or layered or well acted or nuanced or anything, so unless you like watching CBS comedies with the laugh track off, you're not really gonna get much new from it the 2nd time.

I lost when he said, "Is the fat kid running? I bet it's hilarious," though.

Alex Cross turns into Killa Season for 10 minutes in the middle and is completely worth the slim chance you drop dead watching it and someone puts it in your obituary. :lol:

Ted is very polarizing in terms of how people like it.

Some thought it was hilarious, others just find it alright. Personally I really enjoyed it, but can't speak for 21 Jumpstreet.

Alex Cross turns into Killa Season for 10 minutes in the middle and is completely worth the slim chance you drop dead watching it and someone puts it in your obituary.
laugh.gif
Eh.

I'll still watch it because I love James Patterson's books and the Alex Cross series.

Alex Cross turns into Killa Season for 10 minutes in the middle and is completely worth the slim chance you drop dead watching it and someone puts it in your obituary. :lol:

Eh.

I'll still watch it because I love James Patterson's books and the Alex Cross series.

Just as long as the bar is a crazy CSI: Miami episode, you're good. :lol:

Helped dull the pain of losing to Lin and TD twice, for me. >D

Man, you all are bogus; Horrible Bosses was hilarious. :lol: Big J got it right.

On Noskey's last post and Big J's echo and some more good words from a few more of you, 21 will be rented next week, along w/ probably The DaVinci Code (just never got around to it) and Amazing Spidey.

Last edited:
You 21 Jump dudes are pissin me off. No ******g way that flick was funnier than Ted. The Watch was funnier than 21 Jump. Family Guy musta watered Ted down to ya'll.

You 21 Jump dudes are pissin me off. No ******g way that flick was funnier than Ted. The Watch was funnier than 21 Jump. Family Guy musta watered Ted down to ya'll.

You've gotta be joking! Ted was funny, but the hype on that movie was way too much for me. 21 Jump Street came in with low expectations for me and I guess that is why I enjoyed it so much. Off topic but any of ya'll watch Wonderlust? That was pretty funny as well.

Man, you all are bogus; Horrible Bosses was hilarious. :lol: Big J got it right.
On Noskey's last post and Big J's echo and some more good words from a few more of you, 21 will be rented next week, along w/ probably The DaVinci Code (just never got around to it) and Amazing Spidey.

If you still haven't checked out The Avengers, do that before you check out Spidey. I don't have doubts that you'll enjoy either, but if I had the choice of which one to see again first, it's definitely The Avengers.

I thought Horrible Bosses was great too, partially because I had no expectations for it, and was pleasantly surprised. The little ****** dude was a little annoying, but his part of the story was funny. He just was too overwhelming for me.

Here are the films I saw that had some aspects of comedy in them...

American Reunion, Men In Black 3, Ted, The Campaign, and this weekend This is 40.

If I had to rank em... Ted. MIB 3, The Campaign, American Reunion. I actually enjoyed American Reunion a lot more than how good it was just because of nostalgia. I grew up watching those movies as a pre-teen/teenager, so I enjoyed them.

Other comedies that came out in 2012 (Via Wikipedia), and it's bad. * indicates films which weren't wide releases.

This Means War (26%)- Tom Hardy and Chris Pine are spies fighting over Reese Witherspoon.

Wanderlust (59%)- Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston go away to an utopia.

Project X (28%)- Party gone wrong.

A Thousand Words (0%)- Eddie Murphy doesn't know how to shut up.

*Friends with Kids (67%)- B-list cast headlined by Jon Hamm about what it would be like to have a kid with a partner and knowingly date other people.

21 Jump Street (85%)- Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum in a buddy-cop remake of the Johnny Depp exposing TV show.

*Casa de mi Padre (44%)- Will Ferrell? Yaeh he's Mexican.

*Jeff, Who Lives at Home (78%)- Jason Segal (Jeff) comes back home looking for a change in pace in life.

*Goon (83%)- Seann William Scott wants to become a Hockey player to make his momma proud.

American Reunion (43%)- The gang is back for a high school reunion, but who's changed and who hasn't?

The Three Stooges (52%)- We all know what this is. What could've been;

Think Like a Man (54%)- Steve Harvey has the answer to women's hearts. Kevin Hart, Gabrielle Union, Meagan Good, and Jerry Ferrara, you know, the normal black cast you'd expect in a film like this.

The Five-Year Engagement (64%)- Emily Blunt and Jason Segal can't seem to get past their engagement.

*The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (77%)- British all-star cast retire in India, but not exactly what they were expecting.

Dark Shadows (38%)- Depp, Pfeiffer, Chloe Moretz star in this silly remake of the popular gothic Dark Shadows TV show.

The Dictator (58%)- Sacha Baron Cohen's newest about him being an uncivilized idiot.

What to Expect When You're Expecting (22%)- Ensemble film about getting tips from your friends about being pregnant, and what to "expect."

Men In Black 3 (70%)- Josh Brolin joins Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones about the latter's early life.

Moonrise Kingdom (94%)- Two kids fall in love at camp and run away, with the entire town looking for them in this quasi-period piece.

Madagascar 3 (78%)- Kids crap. Sorry, I just don't care about these kind of films. :lol:

That's My Boy (21%)- Adam Sandler is Andy Samberg's father. He gets married. All that needs to be known.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (55%)- Carell and Knightley are discovering what the last days on Earth would be like.

Madea's Witness Protection (21%)- Tyler Perry. The end.

Ted (69%)- Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis struggle with their relationship because of Seth MacFarlane, I mean Ted.

The Watch (17%)- How do Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, and Jonah Hill handle an alien invasion? Who cares.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2 (50%)- Another one of those I don't care about films but you know what it's about.

The Campaign (66%)- Will Ferrell is challenged by Zach Galifianakis who's obviously not all there, but when is he ever?

Hit and Run (48%)- Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell go on a road trip, and they strike gold.

Frankenweenie (89%)- Tim Burton tale about a kid who wants to resurrect his doggie-pal.

Pitch Perfect (80%)- Anna Kendrick is hot. It's a musical. But Anna. :pimp:

Here Comes the Boom ()- Kevin James needs to raise money to get Salma Hayek to like him.

Seven Psychopaths (81%)- What happens when you mix Colin Farrell, Christopher Walken, Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson and many others in the controversy over a Shih Tzu? Seven Psychopaths

Wreck-It Ralph (87%)- John C. Reilly plays a video game villain who wants to be a good guy and find himself a medal so he can be liked by his video game character brethren.

Playing for Keeps (3%)- Gerard Butler is a washed up soccer player who wants to get some stability in his life.

Last edited:
The Campaign was hilarious. :lol:

Forgot about Seven Psychopaths. That looks really funny, too.

Back
Top Bottom