Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

[quote name="jrp44"]The Break Up might be the best chick flick I seen...Vince is hilarious in that **** :lol:[/quote]Completely agree. :lol:

I'm looking for movies like 500 Days Of Summer and Atonement, any suggestïns?

Here I thought, I was the only person that liked Atonement. :lol:

You should check out Never Let Me Go and Blue Valentine.

I think they're in that same vein of _______.
And they're great movies, you won't be disappointed.

I actually own Blue Valentine on blu ray. Don't think I've opened it yet :lol:

I guess you can also watch The Art of Getting By.

It's not great by any means, but it's watchable.. plus Emma Roberts is in it (she's cute to me :nerd: )

Has anyone seen Beasts of the Southern Wild? Is it worth the watch? I downloaded it but it's putting me to sleep so far.

:rofl: . I usually don't watch FOD videos, but I saw Anne and I had to watch. Am I the only one who's extremely attracted to her with that cut? She's freaky cute.

Finally caught The Hobbit. I'm not as big into the JRR Tolkein stuff as a lot of people, but I still enjoy it and try to connect the dots, I was sitting there like, "Hey! It's Gloin! That's Gimli's dad!" Or "Hey! It's Galadriel!"

Might get into some spoilers here...

I honestly had no idea what The Hobbit was about, I just knew that it had dwarves in it because I saw them in the trailer, :lol: . I still enjoyed the lore and awe of it all. It was cool seeing Bilbo get the ring too. A few things I was confused on, because I thought for a while that main dwarf Thorin was Sauron for a while, but the timeline wasn't making sense so I was confused. :lol:

I thought the dwarfs had an all-star cast? I could've sworn people were hyped up because a ton of them were famous. I checked IMDB and couldn't find one that stood out.

I thought Azog was pretty badass, and so was the dragon.

One thing I found kind of disappointing was there being so much dialogue for the orcs and trolls in this one. In the prior LOTR films, they'd talk every once in a while, but there were more grunts in the first set of films. They just seemed far more ravenous in the LOTR films, and in here they seemed rather tame, and the trolls seemed straight up goofy. In LOTR, when I first saw a troll, I almost **** my pants. :lol:

I enjoyed it thoroughly though, and they will easily get my money.

Chester, since you're the resident Middle-earth nerd here, shed some light on this for me. I was wiki'ing some things as I re-watched the LOTR trilogy, and after Aragorn becomes king, him and Arwen have kids apparently? Is this in the LOTR books? Are there epilogues in the books that weren't in the films?

Also, when Frodo leaves Middle-earth? What exactly is the Undying Lands? I understood why he had to leave, but I wasn't quite sure what it all meant. Is it like a heaven? Are they immortal @ the Undying Lands?

Has anyone seen Beasts of the Southern Wild? Is it worth the watch? I downloaded it but it's putting me to sleep so far.

amazing movie - you won't believe how good of a performance Quvenzahane Wallis is and she was 5 yrs old at the time. Also Dwight Henry is fantasic, really awesome movie.

Chester, since you're the resident Middle-earth nerd here, shed some light on this for me. I was wiki'ing some things as I re-watched the LOTR trilogy, and after Aragorn becomes king, him and Arwen have kids apparently? Is this in the LOTR books? Are there epilogues in the books that weren't in the films?

Also, when Frodo leaves Middle-earth? What exactly is the Undying Lands? I understood why he had to leave, but I wasn't quite sure what it all meant. Is it like a heaven? Are they immortal @ the Undying Lands?

Aragorn and Arwen had at least three children: one son, Eldarion, and a couple of daughters. This was included in one of the Appendices (The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen).

The Undying Lands are the home of the Vala (think of them as Gods/angels) and the elves. It's pretty much like heaven or Asgard. The only non-elves allowed to pass into Aman were Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, and Gimli.

Back
Top Bottom