Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yeah, Ben has nerd in him for sure. I recall him rubbing shoulders with Jay and Silent Bob in a few movies but to me I'd like WB to get a guy with a more proven track record. The Town was great, I haven't seen Gone Baby Gone (I think or I did and it's become forgettable for me) and I don't think a 3rd movie would solidify his skill as a director, especially when it comes to taking on a task like a JL movie.

Man, you ain't seen Gone Baby Gone or you wouldn't be talkin like that. That movie was superb. Watch that, add the Town, and if he nails Argo, why shouldn't he get a shot like this?

Dirk, for your scenario, you realize you have 3 big time Justice League movies all coming out in the same year? That's basically impossible. No way they could time things out that way, even if it was every 3-4 months, that's a TON of cash put into those movies all at the same time. I don't see that happening. I get your angle, it was similar to mine, but the timeframe would have to be altered. (not even counting summer time release dates, holiday dates, etc to maximize exposure and such)

Blues is dead on. My only care would be Bat v Supes, with that Kryptonite ring fight in the sewer with Supes thankin Bat. "What are friends for...?" :pimp: That ****, on screen, gonna see this dude cryin all over again. :wow: :lol:

Marvel runs two a year and occasionally has three overlap.

You might have to bump JLA to late 2016 or summer 2017. Or just don't do another Superman flick. But either way, a JLA in 2015 makes no sense to me. And it will cause the thing to bomb.

if they make an aquaman film they better get either adrian grenier or jake gyllenhall.

He could but he won't touch it probably. I meant that they will screw it up. It's very hard to do and the studio won't handle it with love and care and will mess it up bad

Nolan said he aint touching Batman again (I'll have to look if he said he was leaving superhero films alone altogether). He's one of the producers for Man of Steel but I don't think he'd bump Snyder off it now to direct it. Highly doubt he tries

And you right CP after googling it I don't think ever watched ALL of Gone Baby Gone but I definitely remember Casey Affleck's face in it though. With that said even if it's a given that's an amazing movie then add in the Town and if Aargo is great as well I still wouldn't give Ben the 100% okay I trust your vision on this. To me you just need more than 3 possible great movies.

But anyway like I said if they drop this 2015 at this point I'd see it as them just wanting to make money off the name of it and using it as a learning experience to get it really right a decade from now.

And you right CP after googling it I don't think ever watched ALL of Gone Baby Gone but I definitely remember Casey Affleck's face in it though. With that said even if it's a given that's an amazing movie then add in the Town and if Aargo is great as well I still wouldn't give Ben the 100% okay I trust your vision on this. To me you just need more than 3 possible great movies.
Not comparing them, but what did Nolan have to his name before Begins? Memento and Insomnia?

I think Ben can handle this thing just fine if he stays behind the camera. I don't need to see him. Get behind the camera and stay there. He's a solid director and he's got a pretty good feel for shooting action scenes.

Obviously superhero films are another thing altogether, but part of me (right or wrong) actually trusts Ben to shoot a quality film if he's given the right tools and proper time.

Not comparing them, but what did Nolan have to his name before Begins? Memento and Insomnia?

I think Ben can handle this thing just fine if he stays behind the camera. I don't need to see him. Get behind the camera and stay there. He's a solid director and he's got a pretty good feel for shooting action scenes.

Obviously superhero films are another thing altogether, but part of me (right or wrong) actually trusts Ben to shoot a quality film if he's given the right tools and proper time.
Well I've loved all of Nolan's films but I'm not even comparing the two situations and I wouldn't. I was not hype or trusting in Nolan when he was directing Batman and I was not as hopeful as everyone else was after Batman Begins. I actually still have problems with his Batman. If anything, Nolan is probably the exception the way I look at this. It's one thing to have a newcomer or a no name helm a franchise but inbetweeners that have only a good track record and just hoping they'll continue with your film next isn't that promising to me. Add in the potential cluster**** a JL movie could be given the clear weaknesses among the casual movie goer I'd rather a guy with a clear vision and a bit more proven.

Also call it bias but I can't completely separate Ben's acting resume from his short directing career, even when he seems to be a better director than actor (and I'm not trying to hear a comparison with Richie Cunningham). I know he's a student of the craft and what not but the 100% trust just wouldn't be there.

EDIT

Seems I've kinda wasted time over discussing it appears http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08...ut-he-will-take-a-meeting-about-it-seriously/

Last edited:
The Bourne Legacy - Disappointing, horrible, frustrating.

What garbage.

How is it possible that Gilroy, the man who was behind the first three films could make this film so bad?

The script was awful, the first 40 minutes are excruciatingly boring. Meaningless dialogue, major lack of action, lack of backstory to Cross, over acting by Weisz, and not enough Norton.

That is only the tip of the iceberg of the problems in this film. Very very unfortunate.

Full review - http://afterthecut.com/2012/08/11/re...urne-legacy-2/

Um, Breaking Bad last night...... :wow:

And I'm almost thru season 4 of the Wire, gosh damn at where it's headed so far. And I still have a ways off before I put all my thoughts down on paper (here) but, are these guys even actors? I mean, I don't even feel like I'm watching acting, I feel like I'm watching people. You mean to tell me, Snoop is acting? She is freaking incredible, and has 10 words of dialogue per show. :smh: It's just uncanny. And the kids, these kids, how is this even acting?

You mean to tell me, Snoop is acting? She is freaking incredible, and has 10 words of dialogue per show. :smh: It's just uncanny. And the kids, these kids, how is this even acting?

Snoop's not really an actor.

Snoop is from Baltimore, and was involved in the drug game there in some capacity growing up. I think the story is that during filming she met Michael K. Williams around town, who later invited her on set. Simon then cast her for the role.

I think in a interview I heard Simon mention that she recently plead guilty to bogus drug trafficking charges. I also know that she caught time for murder.

Last edited:
Welcome back.

Glad to see you made it from SneakerTalk purgatory.

Zack Snyder Opens up about Man of Steel, not using John Williams' famous Superman music and more -http://wp.me/p2CCWq-1Cj

Kick *** 2 is happening but they have Jeff Wadlow directing since Vaughn is busy with XMen. Who the hell is Jeff Wadlow??

Yeah I was disappointed to see Vaughn wouldn't return. I'd prefer him to do X-Men and do it well, of course, but I loved Kick-*** so the sequel will miss him.

Good or bad.. Chloe Moretz will probably be awesome, curse a lot, and kill people.. so that's good enough for now,

Back
Top Bottom