Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yea, it's hit or miss...sometimes too lowkey, too hip or too quirky.

but after the first few eps...always at least a couple skits that hit.
Really great guest stars
It's like Key & Peele for hipsters.

I'm putting Happy Endings alongside Parks and Recreation as "Comedies that struggled the first season, but became awesome in the second".

It's on ABC, tonight is the second season finale. Six friends living in a city (hence a lot of Friends comparisons initially). It's just flatout funny. Damon Wayans Jr. is hilarious, Elisha Cuthbert has been surprisingly funny this season, and the rest of the cast is great. They pack in a lot of jokes, pop culture references, wacky adventures, flashbacks, cutaways, similar to 30 Rock in that way.

There's plenty of great comedies, especially on cable, but this one is still really awesome.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Also, the trailer for Aaron Sorkin's new HBO series. I'm really excited for this one. �Walk and talk all day.�

this looks sooo amazing, can't wait for this

Originally Posted by DubA169

That show is gonna be critically acclaimed and subsequently canceled.
I ain't assuming anything. I still remember Studio 60.
30t6p3b.gif

And Happy Endings...what you talking about bad 1st season?
That show was straight comedy from the 2nd episode on.

Parks was kinda unwatchable season 1.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'm putting Happy Endings alongside Parks and Recreation as "Comedies that struggled the first season, but became awesome in the second".

It's on ABC, tonight is the second season finale. Six friends living in a city (hence a lot of Friends comparisons initially). It's just flatout funny. Damon Wayans Jr. is hilarious, Elisha Cuthbert has been surprisingly funny this season, and the rest of the cast is great. They pack in a lot of jokes, pop culture references, wacky adventures, flashbacks, cutaways, similar to 30 Rock in that way.

There's plenty of great comedies, especially on cable, but this one is still really awesome.

Love this show.
pimp.gif

Elisha Cuthbert.
devil.gif

Maybe not bad.. But the second has been a lot better.

Tonights finale was great. the all male Madonna cover band
laugh.gif

Damon Wayans Jr and Eliza Coupe are great together.

Yeah, they burned off all the eps for "Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23" that's premiering

Yeah, I should re-watch the first season.. I think the episodes overall weren't as strong, but the show was still really funny. Plus Eliza Coupe had long hair.. so
pimp.gif

Also, Brad getting on stage to dance to Like a Prayer at the end was hysterical. It's the kind of show where you just want to hang out with these people in real life.

I started getting into the first season of Happy Endings but just stopped about halfway through.

Glad I did though because for some reason ABC decided to air the episodes out of order.

That lack of continuity would've made it hard following the 1st season.

yea it was ridiculous, the last episode wasn't really the last episode...they showed some of the first episodes at the end of the season.
30t6p3b.gif

I didn't even realize Elisha and Eliza were supposed to be sisters til halfway through the season.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
 @ those Happy Endings clips.

BJ Armstrong.
laugh.gif

The continuation of the dentist scene with Brad high out of his mind was comedy.
laugh.gif

BTW, Damon Wayans Sr. couldn't deny his son if he tried. Only difference between the two is one is bald and the other has hair.

Originally Posted by toine2983

BTW, Damon Wayans Sr. couldn't deny his son if he tried. Only difference between the two is one is bald and the other has hair.

I put my boy onto the show and he got so mad at himself when I told him that was his son. Like he let his race down.
laugh.gif

Watched Akira last night...
pimp.gif
Very good film.

Gary Ross out for Catching Fire... Not enough money and he apparently wanted to move onto other things as well... Not sure how I feel about that... Knowing Lionsgate, they'll hire some spare because they know the movie will break the bank regardless...

^
Not enough money for who?  For Ross, or the studio didn't make as much as they'd like?  Either way, that's big news. 

Noskey, you trippin, Bridesmaids was outstanding. 

Back
Top Bottom