Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Noskey wrote:
Bridesmaids wasn't as funny to me as people hyped it up to be 
ohwell.gif

Yea, I think it got overhyped because it was the only really funny mainstream movie last year. imo at least
Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Watched Akira last night...
pimp.gif
Very good film.
Oh, indeed.
smokin.gif

Gary Ross out for Catching Fire... Not enough money and he apparently wanted to move onto other things as well... Not sure how I feel about that... Knowing Lionsgate, they'll hire some spare because they know the movie will break the bank regardless...
pimp.gif
Good.

...at least there's hope for the other movies.

Ok maybenim just stoned and drunk but I watched hangover 2nand hotshots part deux and both seemed hilarious

Finally saw The Muppets last night, I really wanted to see it in the theaters but unfortunately never got around to it. I was watching and said to myself "I don't know if I like this yet".. then at one point I basically "snapped" and fell in love with it. I had a big smile on my face the last 20 minutes or so.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Noskey wrote:
Bridesmaids wasn't as funny to me as people hyped it up to be 
ohwell.gif
Yea, I think it got overhyped because it was the only really funny mainstream movie last year. imo at least

I liked Hangover 2 a lot, but yeah I cant think of really any other funny 'mainstream' movies off the top of my head, other than Horrible Bosses (hilarious still). Poor year for comedies, I guess.

I just feel like I was paying to see the same movie I saw before. Nothing really original in my eyes. Sometimes, I want more of the same. Sometimes, I don't.

By the way Noskey, hell of a game last night, great shot by LMA, yall deserved that game. Great stuff from yall.

I hear ya on that, but I loved the first movie enough that more of it, in a different setting, was still funny for me. They need to change it up for the 3rd though.

And yeah, I'm happy we won, but I want to see us tank god dammit. We need good draft picks this year; getting to the playoffs would just be another one-and-done season like always.

Originally Posted by Noskey

I hear ya on that, but I loved the first movie enough that more of it, in a different setting, was still funny for me. They need to change it up for the 3rd though.

And yeah, I'm happy we won, but I want to see us tank god dammit. We need good draft picks this year; getting to the playoffs would just be another one-and-done season like always.
sick.gif
Have they confirmed a third?

Yeah, it doesn't help with the future, but there's still plenty of games left to lose.
laugh.gif

AMC has so far not made any official comment on the date of Breaking Bad’s return or the plan for its final 16 episodes, but Bryan Cranston, mad with absolute Cranston, has once again gleefully gone rogue. “We’re splitting it,

Originally Posted by DubA169

AMC has so far not made any official comment on the date of Breaking Bad’s return or the plan for its final 16 episodes, but Bryan Cranston, mad with absolute Cranston, has once again gleefully gone rogue. “We’re splitting it,

Originally Posted by DubA169

Man...I always hate the wait before the last half of a season. At least, I halfway stopped caring about Walking Dead when they pulled that **%@.

I can't complain though...at least Breaking Bad's going out on top, on their terms....I'm looking at you, Dexter.
nerd.gif

And um...Justified...just finished season 2. One of the best seasons of TV, I've seen. This one episode...Brother's Keeper...
eek.gif
...one of the best episodes of anything from last year, easy. This show lives up to the hype.
smokin.gif

Yea...quietly, people been calling it the best show on TV....I get how people could think that.

My only warning, the first season...a part of me wants to say deal with the first ep, then watch the last 3 or 4.
It's good, but it's a really different, case of the week, not that great show.
But the guest actors are always pretty damn strong and even surprising.
Hell almost every actor they bring in just feels so natural on this show.
And yeah...that 2nd season, beginning to very end is great. Just the style of the show is so sincere.
Tim Olyphant is a beast, but he's maybe the 3rd or even 4th best actor in season 2.
sick.gif

cliffs: Justified is like Friday Night Lights mixed with Winter's Bone.

edit: and yeah...they got nominated for 4 acting Emmy's for season 2, winning 1. So badly deserved, it's crazy.

Aye, Dexter IS going to go out on top, under its own terms, change that tone in your voice. 

Season 7 is going to be awesome, and 8 could very well season 4 Breaking Bad us.  You'll see. 

I want to see dexter on trial and the media fallout.

there would be sooo many americans on his side. would be interesting after the zimmerman vigilante stuff especially.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Aye, Dexter IS going to go out on top, under its own terms, change that tone in your voice. 

Season 7 is going to be awesome, and 8 could very well season 4 Breaking Bad us.  You'll see. 

it's ok buddy, just hold still.

community-1.gif

So I watched 'The Trip' tonight. Funny, funny movie. Steve Coogan and Rob were hilarious. It didnt even seem like they were acting, their interactions seemed so genuine and real. Just a great movie, especially considering it was purely dialogue driven with no real conflict.

I guess it's shot like Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I've never seen that.

Back
Top Bottom