Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

DAMN! I thought that was easily the best episode of the season, and one of the best of the series.

Definitely going into spoilers here...

Spoiler [+]
The season started off great, I couldn't tell if it was just a facade or if it was a legit scene, but it didn't matter. T-Dog, Darryl, Shane, and Glenn (or was it Andrea?) just slaughtering zombies was awesome.

Easily the worst part of the episode was Lori being a whiny pregnant woman to Shane. Just didn't do it for me.

The scenes with Rick, Shane, and Carl were great, especially Shane saying Rick wasn't a good father, and cared more about freeing the kid than his own son.

I liked what they did with Shane, and that he dumped the boy. That was the zombie that Glenn and Darryl ran into, right? I loved the little nod to Dawn of the Dead with the machete kill, that was a nice touch. Was that him?

Then the end-scene with Rick/Shane/Carl was amazing. You're thinking, oh #!##, maybe they'll throw us a curve-ball, and we'll see Rick dead? Nope, Shane's dead. I was hoping that when it happened, Rick would go APE****, like Shane did on what's-her-faces husband on the first season. But, that's alright, he showed he could be ruthless.

Then the twist with Shane coming back, and Carl looking like he'd kill Rick. I thought it would have been AMAZING if Carl killed Rick and Shane-zombie.

Awesome episode. I'm glad they did not let up at all.

I would love to all hell if they took the Night of the Living Dead approach with this season finale, and they tried to hold off the walkers from getting inside the house, but it looks like the main crew will try and run (The Governor time?), and Herschel will go ahead and fend for himself.

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.

Kerouac overload coming.

On the Road, finally on its way.

Then we have Kill Your Darlings coming next year.
A murder in 1944 draws together the great poets of the beat generation: Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac and William Burroughs.
Sounds just like the Poe movie releasing next month, but whatever. I'm compelled. Daniel Radcliffe, Ben Foster, Michael C. Hall, Elizabeth Olsen.

dont-put-me-in.jpg

Reading this right now, must say it's all
roll.gif
and
pimp.gif

Couldn't sleep so I finally watched TWD... FINALLY. The last two episodes have redeemed an awful lot of the stupidity we've gotten from this show.

Last night I watched the Machine Gun Preacher. 

Sad man.  I never even heard of this Kony crap til Twitter last week, now I get a movie with Gerard Butler and there it is. 
laugh.gif

I read that critics hated it, but I thought it was pretty damn good.  Not passin our oscars or anything, but the movie itself was pretty tough to see all that.  I was a little unsure how dude can go from stabbin some guy to getting baptized in 12 hours, but hey.  It's based on a true story, so I assume they had to speed up a lil bit to get the point across. 
The part that really stuck with me was towards the end when he would come home to America and just couldn't let go.  Dude was WIRED into that life he had in Africa and couldn't unplug, and eventually it started to overtake him.  When the chick told him they used to think and say and believe the same way in Kony
eek.gif

Some brutal stuff in there, but really glad I gave it a look. 

I'm compelled. Daniel Radcliffe, Ben Foster, Michael C. Hall, Elizabeth Olsen.
Is it me, or do I keep seeing that name ALOT in the last couple weeks? 

I really wish Kristen Stewart never did Twilight.  I have this feeling that she could be a great acctress, but she's forever going to be linked to that @#$%
That cast for On the Road is nice tho. 
smokin.gif

damnit negative your avi spoiled me

the $!%%???

Damn...
Is it me, or do I keep seeing that name ALOT in the last couple weeks? 
She came out of nowhere and has like six movies due out in her first two years. If Martha Marcy May Marlene was any indication, I imagine you will hear her name for a good decade-plus.

And yes, those Olsens. But better *******. And acting skills. And personality, I would bet.

Elizabeth+Olsen+37th+Annual+Los+Angeles+Film+By70vGccN5Nl.jpg

Melancholia came out on redbox (I hate companies that stylize their names with lower case) today, so I guess I will finally see that.

There's another Olsen sister?

News to me.

Watched the Descendants yesterday based off reading the responses to the film in here. Really enjoyed it.

Sid.
laugh.gif

Stop the presses: after 244 years, the Encyclopaedia Britannica will no longer be available in print form.

FYI for any fans of the new HBO show Luck, it's been cancelled because horses are dying.

I don't know if I can call myself a fan...I really liked the pilot and been saving the episodes...sounds like a shame though.

Melancholia was nearly flawless to me. Wow.

And aptly titled, that's for sure. Painfully depressing. But I loved it. I've only seen Antichrist besides this, but it seems like Lars von Trier really has a knack for delving into the tortured human mind and presenting it with some grace.

At a runtime of 130 minutes, coupled with the mood and early pace, it should have felt never-ending. I never got that feeling, though.

I definitely felt like it was never ending kev.

did you know what the movie was about?

friend and i went into it blind and we just were going nuts. the whole wedding makes no sense until its over. I appreciated it alot more after i let it sink in for a few days. because i started to disect what they were saying in the first half of the movie

the ending is perfect. very sad and hard to watch sometimes

Back
Top Bottom