Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Greenberg was bad as well. The main character was just too loathsome. No redeeming qualities whatsoever and he wasn't entertaining.

Awake is killing Wilmer Valderrama away from me really being interested in what they're doing with it.

I thought those couple episodes of Lone Star (same creator) had a lot of promise.

And yeah...I liked a couple points Greenberg made, but there wasn't enough of an in for people who weren't like him. Too much time with only unlikeable characters...Young Adult's problem too.

Home with the sniffles. Prob gonna catch this portlandia marathon in between the Knicks game. That show grew on me I didn't like it t first. The finale looks good

Hoooooooooooooooly !!+%.

Just watched Hobo.

Damn.

That was a fun-+#! ride.

During the film I started to question, "Wait, they're letting a dude run around with a shotgun in a hospital?"

Then I realized, "Right! I'm watching Hobo with a Shotgun."
laugh.gif

Loved it from opening to closing credits. It was amazing. The visuals and the score was the best part, gotta love a throwback to the grindhouse style of filmmaking.

Planet Terror, Machete, Hobo, and Death Proof. Loved all four.
pimp.gif

Probably going to watch The Descendants tonight in a theater that still has it.

Hoping it's better than Hugo, or I may never rely on y'all again for movie suggestions.
laugh.gif

Ok, that's a lie.
ohwell.gif

I feel like we're pretty in tune with our preferences, and I think you'll love it.

Bryan Cranston says season five of Breaking Bad will kick off in July. That's earlier than was generally expected, isn't it?

the decedents was great

and im not a big clooney fan

cant get over watcing malcom after breaking bad. that show is so underrated and so is he as an acroe

That's in-line with where they started last year. I'm hyped.

and Ska..........Descendants is gonna kick you in the gut.

Anyone watching this Palin movie right now? It's fantastic. And Julianne Moore is related to Palin in real life, has to be.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Greenberg was bad as well. The main character was just too loathsome. No redeeming qualities whatsoever and he wasn't entertaining.

agreed, easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen

watched Take Shelter today, some really compelling scenes. Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain are so great in their craft. The movie it self drags at times, but the visual effects added with Shannon's dramatic performance makes it a movie people should check out.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I feel like we're pretty in tune with our preferences, and I think you'll love it.

Bryan Cranston says season five of Breaking Bad will kick off in July. That's earlier than was generally expected, isn't it?

I think Season 4 premiered in June last year so not really that early.

I'm about 3 episodes into Homeland; great show.
pimp.gif

Pleasantly surprised to see Anna from V topless in one of the early scenes in the Pilot.
devil.gif

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Homeland
smokin.gif
man, waiting every week for it
30t6p3b.gif
that show doesn't disappoint.

oh and...sad to say but Bad Teacher > Young Adult.

just finished The Rum Diary...pretty awesome. Didn't expect it to be as funny as it was. And Giovanni Ribisi was tremendous, may be his best performance of his career, one of the under rated actors today.

Depp needs to do more serious roles like this, stop with the make up and stupid shenanigans

The Descendants was phenomenal.

So bold, the reality of the storyline, the comic relief... and Clooney killed it.

Thanks, guys. And you were right, MrO, that was definitely a tough watch.

Screw you for not liking Hugo.
30t6p3b.gif

Next time go take your kids to see it in theaters.

I know that anyone that saw it in theaters will agree with me it was one of the best theatrical experiences they've had in ages. AGES.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

The Descendants was phenomenal.

So bold, the reality of the storyline, the comic relief... and Clooney killed it.
Those surprise movies are the best
smokin.gif

I watched Beginners tonight.
The Descendants Beginners was phenomenal.

So bold, the reality of the storyline, the comic relief... and Clooney Plummer killed it.

McGregor did as well. A little too self-defeatist for me to love the character writing as a whole, but still solid. Melanie Laurent...
embarassed.gif
Overall, the movie did a great job. I have no idea how a movie about a lonely guy who hates himself is so interesting, but it is.
8/10. Wish I could go back and edit my movie votes.

Epic.
pimp.gif

Rick pullled the okey-doke on Shane.

Carl's involvement was nicely done as well.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Anyone watching this Palin movie right now? It's fantastic. And Julianne Moore is related to Palin in real life, has to be.
eek.gif

Amazing. Check out Recount too. Same writer and director and also about a Pres. election.

Back
Top Bottom