Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

If I get email notifications from said thread, am I one of them? 
embarassed.gif

Cuz about 9 just hit my inbox.  And I remember I wanted to go in there and saying something. 
laugh.gif

Hey, I stumbled onto American Horror Story news.

Season 2 will take place in a "horror institution" on the East Coast, and Jessica Lange will play the central character. "Complete opposite" of Constance.

Elizabeth Olsen...Martha Marcy chick...got casted in Spike Lee's Oldboy...my ticket's bought.

And those last 3 pages of Avengers
sick.gif
it's like I'm waiting for the punchline.

I'm @@+%!!# STUNNED at how much is shown/not shown for the Sopranos.  That 22,000 word site on the finale is amazing. 
eek.gif

Holy freaking hell.  Everything, EVERY thing I watched in "7" seasons (6 being two pieces) was used. 

I remember being let down sort of by the ending, and in a sense I still feel that way, but I at least understand how and why now much better.  Still would have loved 8 more minutes or so for reaction from other characters but I get it, Tony was the piece I followed the entire time, etc.  Unreal.  Holy @#$%. 

30t6p3b.gif

I need to get on The Wire, I need to put them together, with BB, and then Mad Men.  That guy that did that site is freaking insane for all that work he did, but my God did it pay off.  Dude has 1,400 comments on it. 
sick.gif
roll.gif

The Sitter ~ Drillbit Taylor, if that means anything to you.

Never heard about that Sopranos thing, Hank...gonna watch it when I get a chance.
smokin.gif

Sitter is GARBAGE.

I'm still reading thru all of that stuff from Sopranos.  Absolutely stunned how much stuff is in there and I caught none of it.  Guns in bathrooms, orange meanings, men's room signs in plain sight, Meadow's importance, that weird middle east angle, the 2 planes, Ford, Lincoln, JFK, Chase predicting that nobody would get it, Members Only, the music, opening and closing scenes that all added up, whiteout vs blackout, missing appointments meaning.......MY GOD. 
30t6p3b.gif

I seriously need to sit down, and do it all over again.  I really do.  Just incredible. 

So now I'm wonderin, if all this was out there like that, and yet, The Wire is considered better, then what the hell did THEY do? 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I should probably apologize for all the anger I had when the show finished.  I felt cheated, like they wasted so much time, they weren't wasting time, they were telling me that blackout was coming, they just didn't show it to me the way one would expect. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

I should probably apologize for all the anger I had when the show finished.  I felt cheated, like they wasted so much time, they weren't wasting time, they were telling me that black cloud was coming, they just didn't show it to me the way one would expect. 

When did you watch Lost?
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

The Sitter looks atrocious. I think I went to go see a movie and saw back-to-back the trailers of that movie and the upcoming bike delivery man thriller. I immediately began to question my existence. 

Anyways, I watched another 3 great movies this past week or so. These ipad apps really make it so easy. 

Lars and the Real Girl (ShowtimeAnytime) The creators tried so hard to cover up Kelli Garner but it's just not possible. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

My Dinner with Andre (ditto)

Incendies (Starz on demand)

Really enjoy movies like My Dinner with Andre in which a single conversation encompasses much of the movie. I've seen this in a few other movies (Before Sunset, Before Sunrise, 12 Angry Men and Certified Copy). There has to be a lot more. Suggestions?

Originally Posted by CP1708

I should probably apologize for all the anger I had when the show finished.  I felt cheated, like they wasted so much time, they weren't wasting time, they were telling me that blackout was coming, they just didn't show it to me the way one would expect. 
Apology accepted.
On an organized crime note.. I finally watched Godfather 3. AMC's had their Godfather week so I've been watching all the movies on and off. I've had Godfather 3 sitting next to my player for months and I finally sat down and watched it. Not bad. Obviously in comparison to the first two it's awful. I'm glad Sofia Coppola didn't continue to be an actress. I already had a general idea of what happened so it wasn't a total shock, but I thought the entire Vatican plot was way too convoluted. I really wish we could have seen the original story with Tom Hagen involved.

Finally saw Black Swan, better than  expected. Similar to the wrestler in some aspects.
Also seen:
My Family which apparently got the ending from  World of  Apu which netflix doesn't have :/
Clips on YouTube are good

MrONegative:
CP:
I should probably apologize for all the anger I had when the show finished.  I felt cheated, like they wasted so much time, they weren't wasting time, they were telling me that black cloud was coming, they just didn't show it to me the way one would expect. 

When did you watch Lost?
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Dog, that's exactly what I thought when I read that paragraph. "Ummm, why'd CP switch from talking about Sopranos to talking about LOST without a segue?"
laugh.gif

The doc. about A Tribe Called Quest was a perfect example of what the genre should be. Never boring, informative, real, plays out a conflict just like any fictional drama, and is probably appealing to someone who isn't already invested in the subject matter. Loved it.

the lost ending is much worse than sopranos.

the wire is less "creative" than the sopranos. not the same amount of symbolism. But I felt like the sopranos got cartoonish after the first three seasons.

The wire ending was great and made perfect sense. both shows are worth rewatching. But i think the wire is better as a whole.
breaking bad is hard for me to place.

i read what happened. so yeah i can agree with that. i need to get around watching but i hear its such a sad series
I enjoyed big love. The last season wasnt the best but it was a good show all together and the ending was good enough for me

Watched episode 5 of Season 4 of Breaking Bad.

Walt and his ego.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

He couldn't just let Hank go on believing that Gale was the brilliant Heisenberg; he had to let it be known that Gale was the sidekick and not the mastermind now Hank is back on Heisenberg's trail again. That scene I was like "Let it go Walt", "Shut up Walt.", "Dammit Walt" *facepalm*
30t6p3b.gif

Good looks on the AHS news Kev. Really interested in seeing how the new direction of the show will turn out.

Hey, ONegative, you ready for Season 2 of The Killing?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom