Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I've never left a theater. Just not my kind of thing. I go to see a film on the big screen. If it's bad, I'm upset. But I never walk-out.

Even when in my rental days, I wouldn't stop watching, sometimes I'd get distracted and start messing with my phone if a flick was boring me, but I usually try and give it my full attention, regardless of how bad it may be.

What they said.

I think changing the channel on something is different, though. That's way easier. I do that plenty.

ska, do you know what these codes are at the end of links? I'm not the only one seeing them, right?

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...-Books-TV-shows?page=388

nerd.gif

That's all I see on my end.

And yeah, I change the channel all the time if I'm not enjoying it on TV.

Like I said, I've only done it twice, but both times, it was a case of "I've already wasted x amount of time; no sense wasting more when there's something else I could be doing."

Kev- sorry, bro, I have no idea what those codes are. I mean, not codes. Did I say codes? Those aren't codes. I didn't mean codes. They're just completely random characters. They don't track anything.
nerd.gif

I walked out of The Bounty Hunter with the gf...worst movie ever....I would have seriously rather been at work...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What the hell Ska? You live in West Virginia?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Almost as bad as Oregon.

>Implying Oregon is not one of the 10 best states to live in. What's sales tax?

I'd expect nothing less from someone who lives in Texas though.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What the hell Ska? You live in West Virginia?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Almost as bad as Oregon.

>Implying Oregon is not one of the 10 best states to live in. What's sales tax?

I'd expect nothing less from someone who lives in Texas though.
What about a dude from California?
laugh.gif

JapanAir21:
laugh.gif
I was checking your eBay stuff and saw WV.

I thought you were from Kentucky or Tennessee or something.
laugh.gif

Gotcha.

But yeah, I live in this bum *#%%, meth-ridden, pill popping, racist, inbred state. Super thrilled about it, too, as you can tell.
laugh.gif
Moved here a couple years ago after graduating college in KY and getting a job here. And the reason you thought TN is because that's where I first moved to when I left CA 12 years ago.

And I haven't mentioned any of that on here in... YEARS. Used to have a sig that mentioned all that in defense of how I can be a fan of CA teams and the Titans and UK.

On the topic of Hitchcock, Rope will be on Encore Family (542 on DIRECTV) in a few hours. It's short, awesome, and was a huge breakthrough in cinematography at the time.

February must be Hitchcock month on Encore.

Frenzy: 5:40 AM (Encore Suspense - 539)
Rear Window: Tomorrow at 12:20 PM (Encore East - 536) and 3:20 PM (Encore West - 536)
Topaz: Wednesday at 2:00 PM and Thursday at 5:20 AM (539)
Marnie: Thursday at 7:30 AM (539)
Family Plot: Thursday at 3:20 PM and Friday at 6:40 (539)

A bunch of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour programs, too.

And Frenzy, The Trouble with Harry, Vertigo, Alfred Hitchcock Presents and a bunch of his earlier films are on Netflix Instant.

Did anyone catch the homage to Rear Window in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy?

Back
Top Bottom