Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Sticking with the alien invasion theme…

Tonight (free on YouTube)

1697159758166.jpeg

Body of Lies: now that was a film Ridley Scott.
My man Ridley has some big big swing and miss films. Plenty of home runs sure but I can’t think of another Producer who has just as many misses as hits when they both number into the 20s.

That was a story. Well done.

I saw Body of Lies on demand after it was in theaters, what’s the story behind the recent rise of it? I’ve seen multiple different places sources whatever talking about it in recent months

I think it’s just making the rounds on streaming services.
I caught it on MAX.
Okay, yeah I thought it was okay but I was like 17 when I saw it.

Ya there are certain movies that are rarely streamed for a while by any service, and if one comes up, and prompted, guess people watch that are younger and take notice that weren’t alive then.

Wonder what the youth thinks about Leo these days, they don’t even have the Inception connection if they were born after 2000, where the oldest probably doesn’t see it at age 10. He has a lot of great roles after that.

Okay, yeah I thought it was okay but I was like 17 when I saw it.

Ya there are certain movies that are rarely streamed for a while by any service, and if one comes up, and prompted, guess people watch that are younger and take notice that weren’t alive then.

Wonder what the youth thinks about Leo these days, they don’t even have the Inception connection if they were born after 2000, where the oldest probably doesn’t see it at age 10. He has a lot of great roles after that.
funny as Body of Lies seems to have escaped my radar. haven't watched the movie yet but I would once I get the chance. so far, my Top Leo movie is Shutter Island.

In your opinion, what separates a horror from sci-fi? A thriller from horror? Can a film be more than one genre?

I have watched many movies that have blurred the lines recently.

In your opinion, what separates a horror from sci-fi? A thriller from horror? Can a film be more than one genre?
Horror focuses on scary **** and sci-fi is literally science fiction. A horror can have sci-fi elements in it to be scary but a sci-fi doesn’t have to have any horror elements at all

Same thing with a thriller. It can be a thriller without being scary/horror same way a horror can not be thrilling at all.

Definitely more than one. It can be more than 5 different genres if done right.

I’d pay to watch Chucky vs. Chuckie animated or otherwise 🔥
A Buddy Cop Killer comedy thriller type show. Chucky trying to teach Chuckie the family biz. They found out they are brothers, shortly before Chuckies mom met his dad, she had chucky and put him up for adoption. Then she gets married to Chuckies dad happy for a while then she mysteriously and suspiciously dies *dun dun dun*. Jealous and abandoned Chucky then plans to kill his little brother Chuckie but decides to take the little rug rat under his wing. But you know make it all funny too.

We can call it What The Chuck? Because people will be all confused to see Finster as a killer!

Okay so I watched RAMBO as a kid but I remember none of this film.
I must have remembered FIRST BLOOD PT2.

I tell you this, after First Blood and the way it ended, how in the hell do they get this man to keep his FREEDOM and continue for 3-4 or however many more films? This dude blew up a whole town and killed 10’s of people, civilians! Where did his Freedom for the other films come from? 😂😂
Buddy, I have to watch Pt2 now and then the next and all of them!

Okay so I watched RAMBO as a kid but I remember none of this film.
I must have remembered FIRST BLOOD PT2.

I tell you this, after First Blood and the way it ended, how in the hell do they get this man to keep his FREEDOM and continue for 3-4 or however many more films? This dude blew up a whole town and killed 10’s of people, civilians! Where did his Freedom for the other films come from? 😂😂
Buddy, I have to watch Pt2 now and then the next and all of them!

The first is a serious movie about a veteran dealing with PTSD and betrayal then the rest turned into Rambo becoming a stone cold murdering machine

The first is a serious movie about a veteran dealing with PTSD and betrayal then the rest turned into Rambo becoming a stone cold murdering machine
I noticed that 10minutes into the film.
I always thought RAMBO was this AMERICAN HERO recalled for countless mission impossible’s when in actuality the Climax of first blood is a veteran crying over his inability to adapt back into civilian life.
This is kind of awkward now, how he goes from that FIRST BLOOD man to the RAMBO I actually remeber.
Other thing that threw me for a loop is in the final act of FIRST BLOOD Rambo actually claims WE lost the WAR.

In the first act of FIRST BLOOD 2 when he’s recalled for the POW mission he asks the Colonel, “do we get to win this time?”

I’m sitting here confused, wait- we lost?
So I head over to GOOGLES( holy f wording s word/mind blown)
IMG_6826.jpeg

IMG_6827.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom