Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Gonna watch second episode of Ahsoka at some point this week but gonna watch something else now…

Tropic Thunder honestly is probably #1 for me. Whole movie is hilarious and so many quotes. The directors cut though is way better than the theatrical version
speaking of comedies, I love these movies........

Attachments

• pootitang.jpg
    pootitang.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 6
  • undercoverbro.jpg
    undercoverbro.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 15
  • ladiesman.jpg
    ladiesman.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 17
Speaking of Sharks: Jaws: The Revenge. Didn’t the shark roar in that one? Despite that being an impossibility, considering sharks don’t have vocal cords. :lol:

Today I learned that vegetable gremlin was inspired by famed Italian painter Giuseppe Archimoldo. Don’t know how I missed it.

IMG_2058.jpeg

IMG_2059.jpeg
When I saw the artwork, I was so tempted to say “look at his use of color here, isn’t he great?”

I need to go to T****** rehab or something

**SPOILER!!! do not watch this if you’ve never seen Mystic River.

“He punched me? Broke my nose?”

I don’t know why but I laugh hysterically, when it’s supposed to be very serious.

Thanks for the heads up. As someone who has never seen Mystic River, I avoided the spoiler. :lol:

So, is the movie any good? I kind of always wanted to see it since it first came out. I think 2003 iirc?

Anyway, I remember seeing it playing on HBO back in the day. It always had a three and a half out of four “star” rating on cable.

If you give the movie a green light, then I would definitely want to check it out, thanks

Thanks for the heads up. As someone who has never seen Mystic River, I avoided the spoiler. :lol:

So, is the movie any good? I kind of always wanted to see it since it first came out. I think 2003 iirc?

Anyway, I remember seeing it playing on HBO back in the day. It always had a three and a half out of four “star” rating on cable.

If you give the movie a green light, then I would definitely want to check it out, thanks

Mystic River is a great movie with incredible acting

Mystic River is a great movie with incredible acting
Just looked it up to explore some more information about it and I legit had no idea Clint Eastwood directed it. Which is a good thing. Talented cast as well.

Would you consider it 7/8 or higher status?

Just looked it up to explore some more information about it and I legit had no idea Clint Eastwood directed it. Which is a good thing. Talented cast as well.

Would you consider it 7/8 or higher status?

I’d def give it a 7/8

Think Sean Penn won best actor for it too

I’d def give it a 7/8

Think Sean Penn won best actor for it too

Co-sign

7/8 AT LEAST

Some super iconic shots

Oscar worthy performances from Sean Penn, Tim Robins, and Kevin Bacon.

I forgot Laurence Fishburne was in this. The always classy Laura Linney.

That scene shot from above with Penn surrounded by a sea of cops is one of my favorite of all time.

Also, the closing scene
IMG_2060.jpeg

Mystic River
Kill Bill Vol 1
Ong Bak

Honorable Mentions- Return of the King, Big Fish, X2, National Security, Elf, Lost in Translation, Pirate of the Caribbean, Holes, Old School, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, School of Rock, Bad Santa.

Bar is at the bottom for Snyder at this point to me. But I honestly would like to see him hit on something as much as I dislike most of his work.

Semi-related to me mentioning School of Rock, I have an old friend from college I link up with every month or 2 and all we do is order a bunch of food and drink and smoke and watch a random season of Survivor all day/night. I was up there last week and the season we watched had the guy that played Ned Schneebly in it randomly and he ended up being a finalist :lol:

Semi-related to me mentioning School of Rock, I have an old friend from college I link up with every month or 2 and all we do is order a bunch of food and drink and smoke and watch a random season of Survivor all day/night. I was up there last week and the season we watched had the guy that played Ned Schneebly in it randomly and he ended up being a finalist :lol:
Dude, School of Rock is so dam good. I had an experience with a friend of mine related to that movie as well.

For months and months I kept asking a friend of mine to check out The School of Rock with me. I kept telling her how good it is, but she wasn’t having anything for it. Kept saying “It’s probably stupid”

Well, after finally checking it out, she LOVED it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom