Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

This is exactly why I asked. I had a feeling we were very different in our critical analysis of movies, and I see that we very much are.

- Original.
- Well written.
- Well performed.
- Popularity (rating).
- Well shot/directed.
- Entertaining/engagement.

Follow up: What is the single most important element of all of those?

I'm not an expert man. :lol:

Well written would be my guess.

Well I didn't know what you were goin for.
This is seriously one of my pet peeves in person. 🤣

"Are you hungry?"
"I ate earlier."

"Are you hungry?"
"We don't really have time to..."

"Are you hungry?"
"What, you think I'm too broke to buy my own..."

"Are you hungry?"
"I mean if you're getting something..."

"ARE YOU EFFING HUNGRY!"

(original screenplay)

I don't know that one.

But I did answer. I've been waiting for you to say which one is most important to you. Cuz I'm not sure what we've been talking about all day. :lol:

I think it started with the genius that is Scream. One of the 3 best theater experiences in my life. And it might not have been 2 or 3.

Haven't been to the theaters in a couple weeks between work and travel for work, but Blue Beetle on Wednesday and Jurassic Park 3D on Thursday.

Still want to check out TMNT again or even Barbie

Reactions: sb
The single most important element for me to call a movie a good movie is relatable character struggle.

What if there's no struggle in the film? It isn't good?

Unless we're talkin small details like maybe gambling or alcohol addiction. Or right vs wrong?

What would Ethan Hunt's struggles be? Maintaining world order under a ticking clock?

Or a man avenging his dead family? (Law Abiding Citizen)

I like the relatable part, a lot, but not sure why it would need to be struggle. Barbie, cuz she's searching for her place in a bigger world? I guess I could see that.... 🤔

What is up with people absolutely defending The Amazing Spider Man on Twitter lately?! Seen like 11 tweets just this week

Haven't been to the theaters in a couple weeks between work and travel for work, but Blue Beetle on Wednesday and Jurassic Park 3D on Thursday.

Still want to check out TMNT again or even Barbie
I just hope that with Jurassic Park, they keep the opening original with the proper 1993 Universal Logo, no music, and wildlife sound effects

FYI everyone, Sunday is $4 movie tickets for every showing every theater. National Cinema day.

Gran Torismo for $4 opening weekend is 🔥🔥🔥

What if there's no struggle in the film? It isn't good?
Every film has struggle, even ones that I have nowhere near my GOAT list.
Or a man avenging his dead family? (Law Abiding Citizen)
That is an EXCELLENT movie.
Barbie, cuz she's searching for her place in a bigger world?
That's... all that was to you?

It is literally toppling male dominance, literally and figuratively. Lil more to.ot than just 'Searching for her place.' Is about MAKING her place when others try to tell you 'No, no, your place is right over here, in the kitchen.'

I like the relatable part, a lot, but not sure why it would need to be struggle.
Not just 'relatable' and 'struggle' as separate elements. For me to call a movie a good movie, there needs to be a relatable struggle.

For you, there doesn't need to be, and that's fine.

No, not ALL it was, just a part of her struggle.

I'm thinking of diff instances with little to less obvious struggle.

Pitch Perfect. Becca struggling to fit it? :lol: Searching like that loses some of the face value is all. I try not to over think some of that.

What was Ben struggling with in Gone Girl? 👀 :lol:

No, not ALL it was, just a part of her struggle.

I'm thinking of diff instances with little to less obvious struggle.

Pitch Perfect. Becca struggling to fit it? :lol: Searching like that loses some of the face value is all. I try not to over think some of that.

What was Ben struggling with in Gone Girl? 👀 :lol:
In an attempt to not overthink it, you're over thinking it.

Pitch Perfect is not a good movie to me.

You're trying to apply my value to movies that you like. All movies have struggle. Movies that I call great movies have a very high element of relatable struggle.

Gone Girl is excellent.

Pitch Perfect was not what?!?!?!? :wow: :smh:

Oh my.
You like movies based on cast and popularity, so it makes perfect sense that you love Pitch Perfect.

I couldn't give 2 *censored* about the cast or how popular is the movie is.

darthska darthska

Can you recognize things are good, but not for you?

Like I recognize the Beatles are arguably the best band in history, but I don’t like them?

like I recognize that Taylor Swift, Elvis, Elton John, Madonna are the most successful musical artists in the history of music, making them objectively GOOD, but I don’t personally like them?

Or do you lean more towards the camp of “since I don’t like that thing, then that thing sucks.”

RIP. 2 Corey’s was a great era :frown:
IMG_2056.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom