Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Started my mission impossible rewatch today.. going to skip 2 though it's so dumb. The OG still stands the test of time. Definitely the most grounded and suspenseful action thriller of the lot. The mid 90s internet tech was so awful though, same for Goldeneye which I rewatched last night.
same, I like the OG inspite of them doing dirty on Jim. hated 2 for the same reason as you pointed out. John Woo's HK style of James Bond didn't sit well with me. scenes I found cringy when I watched MI2 were.......

Attachments

• mi2b.jpg
    mi2b.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 4
  • mi2a.jpg
    mi2a.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 4
wife and I rewatched the Titanic last night and had a good laugh. I pointed out the obviously bad special effects that I noticed when I saw the film when it first came out and could still see how bad it looked. it was the iceberg scene where it is apparent that the iceberg was on a screen. also both of us laugh at the never letting go scene where Rose said to Jack that she wasn't letting go then proceeded to push him off and let go. :rofl:

Attachments

• iceberg.gif
    iceberg.gif
    421.9 KB · Views: 45
  • let go.gif
    let go.gif
    748.5 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
To be fair Jack meant the “never letting go” due to not giving up hope that she can survive and to keep up hope. I’m sure Jack knew he was gonna die.

I agree on the special effects. James has always pushed the boundaries with tech in movies but this film you can notice the miniature scenes and sets easier then others.

About the never letting go part. The way I interpreted it is that Rose will always remember him and that he he would always have a special place in her heart.

Yeah perhaps some of the special effects scenes could have used some updated treatment.

During this scene, Rose is thinking: Damn, my fiance is fly as hell. I’m going to be married to one of the coolest people on earth

1688833775092.jpeg

About the never letting go part. The way I interpreted it is that Rose will always remember him and that he he would always have a special place in her heart.

Yeah perhaps some of the special effects scenes could have used some updated treatment.
we get that part. we are just talking in terms of technicality or literally, she did let go. that made it hilarious due to the timing and the scenario. :rofl:
could have done better with that rather than speak to a dead corpse then push him off.

Its overrated from the publicity and popularity it got from fans. It's not perfect but good entertainment. 5.5/8. effects are mediocre and story is quite above average other than making Cal a bad person and the two lovers as good people. Wasted potential on the captain and engineers story which took a backseat and wasted Cathy Bates appearance as well. I put Shutter Island higher than Titanic.
sneeker sneeker So, what’s your final thoughts on Titanic? May you please rate it out of 8?

Rachel Sonnett definitely has a style. A role.

She led me to BODIES BODIES BODIES, also an A24 film and, it’s good. An hour in, it’s good.

There’s also another little Blonde(bleached) Foreigner and a dark haired little slimmy and a Mocha skinned beauty, I’ll have to check up on too.

Rachel Sonnett definitely has a style. A role.

She led me to BODIES BODIES BODIES, also an A24 film and, it’s good. An hour in, it’s good.

There’s also another little Blonde(bleached) Foreigner and a dark haired little slimmy and a Mocha skinned beauty, I’ll have to check up on too.

I enjoyed this movie for what it was. Myha'la Herrold is always up to no good in all her roles :lol:

I enjoyed this movie for what it was. Myha'la Herrold is always up to no good in all her roles :lol:
This is only my second interaction with her and the first was recently in Loch Henry from Black Mirror.
The film was cooking, the writer/director pulled that off in a super slick and simple way.

Back
Top Bottom