Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Couldn’t finish this movie when I first tried watching it. Title and cover photo unfortunate after the allegations

EC7F2244-A2D1-491E-9932-E17A2AC61A74.jpeg
was able to watch Ezra Miller with no problem. someone like Weinstein or Trump though and that child/daughter ****er Woody Allen though disgusts me a lot.

was able to watch Ezra Miller with no problem. someone like Weinstein or Trump though and that child/daughter ****er Woody Allen though disgusts me a lot.

Oh no doubt, I agree. I didn’t mean to make it seem like his allegations had something to do with me not finishing the movie though. I tried watching it when it first released, before his incident. I just couldn’t get into it for some reason.

But yeah it’s tough to go back watching things after you find out someone did something bad. Makes you look at things way differently. Like Tarantino and his foot fetish thing becoming well known. Didn’t think seeing him take a shot of tequila off salma hayaks foot was weird until I know about his passion…..

Side note: I just flipped on close encounters with the 3rd kind, and this dude looks hella familiar:
96AFBDF0-FB54-4523-A85D-A817388B2F38.jpeg

CACA52AC-8699-42E1-8C02-05B608AD15D3.jpeg

8D24F3CC-FA43-493A-98A9-D301C18A7882.gif

Its overrated from the publicity and popularity it got from fans. It's not perfect but good entertainment. 5.5/8. effects are mediocre and story is quite above average other than making Cal a bad person and the two lovers as good people. Wasted potential on the captain and engineers story which took a backseat and wasted Cathy Bates appearance as well. I put Shutter Island higher than Titanic.
What’s ****ter island got to do with titanic? :lol: or do you mean it as your top Leo films?
I refuse to believe y’all watch Titanic this much
I love it :lol:

MI 3 is solid. Good crew, decent stunts, Michelle Monaghan and Philip Seymour Hoffman make the movie though. He's just dominating every scene he's in as the villain.

Ghost Protocol is underrated. The next two are better but this one has so much going for it. The Kremlin break in and explosion, the prison breakout, the whole skyscraper set piece. I think the third act let's it down and the villain isnt that menacing but it's so good.

Y'all buggin with the MI2 slander.

It's fine in a vacuum. A basic action movie with a weak plot. I've seen these movies A LOT and I can't recall the plot from this one. It's okay it's the worst one by a far margin. It speaks to the quality of the franchise. It's not like Fast and Furious where it's a total dud. But yeah man it's dumb. It plays its role. It's a John woo movie within the Mission. Impossible franchise so it's pretty unique. I mean the whole franchise is pretty awesome de Palma the first one.. then. John, woo.. then JJ Abrams, Brad Bird in the fourth one and then Mcquarie and five and six.. if it's the worst one, it's still decent but I have no desire to rewatch it

It's fine in a vacuum. A basic action movie with a weak plot. I've seen these movies A LOT and I can't recall the plot from this one. It's okay it's the worst one by a far margin. It speaks to the quality of the franchise. It's not like Fast and Furious where it's a total dud. But yeah man it's dumb. It plays its role. It's a John woo movie within the Mission. Impossible franchise so it's pretty unique. I mean the whole franchise is pretty awesome de Palma the first one.. then. John, woo.. then JJ Abrams, Brad Bird in the fourth one and then Mcquarie and five and six.. if it's the worst one, it's still decent but I have no desire to rewatch it

I hear you. I can grasp it being the worst, yet still a good movie. (In a deep franchise)

But Woo was in his bag. The doves, the tire changes from scene to scene, the beach fight, the building entry but most importantly........if I remember correctly, this was the first Tom Cruise movie where he shoots a gun. Or well, a hand gun maybe. (Not sure if he shot a rifle in Born on the 4th of July)

Cruise never had roles where he fires weapons. (Top Gun doesn't count :lol: ) He held a gun in MI1 but never fires it. Woo comes in and Tom was double fisting his trigger fingers. :pimp:

The plot was the Kymera, with an Ethan Hunt back up leading the villain role and Anthony Hopkins sayin "So you're sayin it will be difficult?" "Well lucky for you this is Mission Impossible, difficult should be a walk in the park for you"

Maybe the best Thandie Newton has ever looked.
It's a really enjoyable action film with just enough Woo. Cruise himself will probably say it was his least favorite but it doesn't make it not a good film. People treating it like it's 2 Fast and that's not the case.

I loved MI2. The new martial arts moves were amazing and that Limp Bizkit theme hits about as hard as the MI theme ever hit.

I loved MI2. The new martial arts moves were amazing and that Limp Bizkit theme hits about as hard as the MI theme ever hit.

Loooovvvved it when it came out. I was 14 years old though. It’s easily the worst of the series, but props for trying something new. I don’t remember much except excessive slow motion, excessive face masks, Thadie at her peak, and…….
87128031-0B0C-4C24-8E36-C2D4AC1F0F57.gif

Gif don’t make any sense :lol:

Bikes miss each other in one frame, then the next frame they collide in mid air and explode? *Physics has left the chat :rofl:

Loooovvvved it when it came out. I was 14 years old though. It’s easily the worst of the series, but props for trying something new. I don’t remember much except excessive slow motion, excessive face masks, Thadie at her peak, and…….

Bikes miss each other in one frame, then the next frame they collide in mid air and explode? *Physics has left the chat :rofl:
2 Mission 2 Impossible

That was my favorite scene and it made sense to me at the time. I was 16 and it makes even more sense to me now.

one of the dumbest action sequence in Action movie history. playing chicken on a bike and mid-air. I practically lost it once I saw this part.

Back
Top Bottom