Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Doing A Quick Rewatch Of All The MI Movies Before Catching The New One.

That Third Act On The Speed Train With The Heli Has Not Aged Well At All. :rofl:Rest Of The Film Still Holds Up Really Well.

MI2 Was Always A Favorite As A Kid, But Now As An Adult It's Actually Kinda Silly. Still Enjoy It For Nostalgia.

Gonna Try To Squeeze In 3 And 4 Today.

greedy-grandpa-joe-v0-n72ya1iv6yna1.jpg

I'm looking for a movie to watch for an upcoming flight and I peeped that Asteroid City is ALREADY available to rent/buy :wow: I swear it only came out like two or three weeks ago :lol:

I didn't get to finish Deja Vu the other day, so I just started over today. Almost done with the 3rd act right now so it's wrapping up, but this *profanity* is wild AF. I can't rock with this movie at all, but Denzel absolutely crushed it.

Crazy that Jim Caviezel is in both this and Frequency.

The action in MI is insane. Thrilling, nonstop, and suspenseful.
Fallout still my fave, but this is just as good.

I didn't get to finish Deja Vu the other day, so I just started over today. Almost done with the 3rd act right now so it's wrapping up, but this *profanity* is wild AF. I can't rock with this movie at all, but Denzel absolutely crushed it.

Check out his new movie Sound of Freedom. Might be movie of the year :nerd: 🇺🇸 🫡

loved Frequency as well. you find that profanity wild? you saw the ending right? mind-blowing.

loved Frequency as well. you find that profanity wild? you saw the ending right? mind-blowing.
Haven't seen Frequency in forever, but love that movie. Shots of Astoria park in Queens where I used to go all the time when I was a kid.

Fallout..

The opening fake out. Halo jump, bathroom scene, Kirby in the club and escape.. watching it reminds me of why I say it's one of the best action movies of all time. It just doesn't stop. It has such momentum all the way through. It just doesn't let up. Plus add the emotional beats you get and it just delivers

Just left the theater. Granted I wasn't supposed to work today. Got woken up very early to go in. Worked all day and then made a 7:00 p.m. movie so my wash self definitely dozed off here and there. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep during every moment of exposition explanation.. sincerely, I probably miss like 3 minutes of exposition but I think it was important.

Will say is the action stunts effects all of that is outstanding. The cast is great. The returning characters in the new ones all delivered on every front, Hayley At well and Cruise had great chemistry and I think it ended on a good note to set up the next one

I absolutely hated killing off Ilsa. That seems like a mistake. I guess you only have room for one female character with Cruise but **** man. I loved how they use. Vanessa Kirby, that was a nice touch. I'm definitely going to rewatch it immediately and I'll read about it. But the entire AI being the enemy was kind of ******* stupid to me. I feel like there was just a lot a lot a lot a lot. A lot of explaining what this is and why it's scary and important and we saw some of it when they showed us why it was scary like with the submarine okay that was really cool or with the security footage that was cool but just kind of talking about how scary this thing was. The whole time really didn't move the needle for me. I will give it credit that it is different than the standard crazy person steals a nuke or the mission impossible. Plots have never really been that important but the AI **** ******* lost me. I do like Gabriel and how he is some mystery man from Ethan's past. But yeah the entire final act on the train was probably some of the best stuff they've done in the entire franchise. It just didn't let up from the motorcycle jump to the end. It was perfect. The car chases were good. I don't really remember the middle set pieces. Oh yeah it was the party. That was all right. Everything was shot well. Everything looked great. Everything sounded great. Knee jerk and granted this is a part one so it's tough but I would probably put it third behind rogue nation and fallout. I think they up the scale tremendously so it might put it above Road Nation on further thought but it's not touch and fall out for me

Looking forward to watching it again. I think the movie did so many great things. I just don't like killing off. Isla and the AI plot didn't really grab me to start but I'm sure I'll like it the more I think about it and it is particularly timely

Go see this movie in theaters please

Fallout..

The opening fake out. Halo jump, bathroom scene, Kirby in the club and escape.. watching it reminds me of why I say it's one of the best action movies of all time. It just doesn't stop. It has such momentum all the way through. It just doesn't let up. Plus add the emotional beats you get and it just delivers
with this guy as the villain, it deserves some outstanding praise.

Attachments

• august walker.gif
    august walker.gif
    874.4 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom