Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Seeing her and how she is now, after going through something like that, makes me want to do better.

Same with you, a pretty solid Guy with great character and wholesome grounding, after going through something like that
I am definitely not that. Ask the NBA thread.

Not on any of my platforms but I've added it to my watch list.

I like Good Time more than Uncut Gems, it's actually the movie that made me a Pattison fan, but if you didn't like Uncut Gems you probably won't like this. Just as chaotic and frantic.

Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 6.09.48 PM.png

+8% critics improvement from the original
+21% audience improvement from the original

Whoever checks this out I'm interested in hearing about it. Didn't think it was going to be anything, didn't like the first one.

Uncut Gems: 4/8
The plot was terrible. Character development was non-existent. The pace was frantic af. The ending was about as predictable an ending as I've ever seen. Like, that's how it was always going to play out for buddy.

Damn near hated it. So naturally, without looking through the thread for C CP1708 's take, I am POSITIVE that he loved it; LOVED it.
I didn't wana rain on anybodys parade because my views are usually contrarian in here. I knew what was up when Licorice Pizza got rave reviews in here🤣🤷🏾‍♂️. So I was letting them rock because I just wasnt ready to waste my time defending my position on this movie... but i HATED Uncut Gems and A24 usually [Cameron Crazies] OVERRATED [Cameron Crazies]

Screenshot_20230616_114849_JustWatch.jpg

Scratch my previous post. Probably knocking this one out tonight. This is probably going to be a mental mind**** for me, having been locked in a room, tortured, starved, and kept from the outside for 2 years. I've never seen it depicted in film accurately, but one thing I can say about A24 so far is they go to great lengths to depict a realistic feel for whatever they're portraying.
Damn
charlesramsey121.jpg

Saw Flash tonight.. definitely felt long at parts and didn't feel like the pacing was a bit off at times. It also had a pretty hard job of balancing what was essentially a flash origin story plus the multiverse in one go. Keaton was great, both Barry's were cool, even Affleck was solid. CGI sucked but the action was good. Had solid laughs too, It's probably a 72/100 for me off the rip.

Room is amazing.

So much I want to say.

They nailed it.

The way you look at windows... and hope... and you scream... and you plot, always plotting, but it never works. Ever. And then one day it does...

But you notice Ma never actually went back inside Room.

I couldn't...

I'm breathing heavy...

They nailed it.

Room was very good and Brie killed the role.

Don't see myself wanting to watch it more than once every few years. It's a heavy heavy movie.

I don't see my top 5 changing for a long time.

1, 2. Antwone Fisher, Room.
3, 4, 5. Precious, Good Will Hunting, Silver Linings Playbook.

Outstanding list.

One of my all time favorite episodes of television. Loved every episode of season 1 until the finale, and then I never watched another episode of any other season.

But this episode hits me in all the feels. Following the lineage of Essie Macgowan and how she believed in the Irish Faerie folk and brought them to America.

Episode has excellent cinematography of the old Irish countryside, traditional Celtic music, a mix of American blues from the 60’s, top tier storytelling/narration…just stunning from start to finish. Mad Sweeney an all time great character too.

Whoever checks this out I'm interested in hearing about it. Didn't think it was going to be anything, didn't like the first one.

The plot is different but the general premise is the same. Part of me thinks that if you went to the trouble of watching the movie within 16 hours of the Netflix release that you must be a fan of the franchise which might account for the big increases. It might come back down over time and folks who have similar opinions of you and Part 1 watch this latest version.

I liked the first one and this one followed suit IMO so I enjoyed it as well 🤷‍♂️

Really good. Solid story compared to the first one. More heart than I expected. Solid 2 hours.

darthska darthska I know I’m late now but you’ve got to watch Atonement. That’s a great movie.

Tonight we’re watching Office Space - my oldest says he’s seen all the memes but not the movie. It’s been a few years for me and it’s entertaining so far.

IMG_5912.jpeg

:lol: He’s trying so hard not to look even happier.

Can’t say I blame him.

So, what movie has a better script: Good Will Hunting or Collateral?

Good Will Hunting is intellectual, but for reasons I can’t quite explain I would have to go with Collateral

Back
Top Bottom