Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yeah I think the first one came out and blew up (rightfully so, it's the best of the series by a mile), and they figured they had a Halloween blockbuster on their hands so they BS'd a storyline and kept it rolling...

The first was awesome. The rest, for me, kinda sucked. They lost me in the second one when the drug abuse broad got chucked in a pool of syringes...

They must have had a pretty good idea the first Saw would make money, since they managed to convince the bigger name stars of the movies to take back-end deals, but I don't think they were planning on a big franchise.

They must have had a pretty good idea the first Saw would make money, since they managed to convince the bigger name stars of the movies to take back-end deals, but I don't think they were planning on a big franchise.

spiderman1.jpg

I watched this earlier for the first time in years, and its dialogue is so cheesy/corny I couldn't help but laugh at a bunch of parts of the movie
laugh.gif

spiderman1.jpg

I watched this earlier for the first time in years, and its dialogue is so cheesy/corny I couldn't help but laugh at a bunch of parts of the movie
laugh.gif

Another Earth looks like FlashForward the movie.
nerd.gif

I watched Harry Potter 3, 4 and 5 a couple weeks ago (I will never watch the first 2 again), 5 is def my favorite out of all of them...the whole style and story are so smooth and that battle.
smokin.gif

But yeah, it was a really weird disjointed and kinda unmemorable set of movies before Yates. A new director every movie and making em before the books were done, hurt. They had a hard time focusing on what'd be important down the road. Every one focused on a whole different set of things. that they kinda ignored in the other films.

It coulda been awesome if they shot more and made a deal with like HBO to release every movie a couple months later as a 3 ep miniseries. Any time they focus on something that feels random like Neville w.e his name, I just say 'must be a book thing' and keep it moving.
ohwell.gif
Iono. I'm gonna try and watch the other 2 but like...they're good for what they are, but they just feel so random and inconsistent...I dunno.

%*%# Saw tho.

Another Earth looks like FlashForward the movie.
nerd.gif

I watched Harry Potter 3, 4 and 5 a couple weeks ago (I will never watch the first 2 again), 5 is def my favorite out of all of them...the whole style and story are so smooth and that battle.
smokin.gif

But yeah, it was a really weird disjointed and kinda unmemorable set of movies before Yates. A new director every movie and making em before the books were done, hurt. They had a hard time focusing on what'd be important down the road. Every one focused on a whole different set of things. that they kinda ignored in the other films.

It coulda been awesome if they shot more and made a deal with like HBO to release every movie a couple months later as a 3 ep miniseries. Any time they focus on something that feels random like Neville w.e his name, I just say 'must be a book thing' and keep it moving.
ohwell.gif
Iono. I'm gonna try and watch the other 2 but like...they're good for what they are, but they just feel so random and inconsistent...I dunno.

%*%# Saw tho.

CP getting on my case so here we go. picked a bunch of movies i been meaning to see

Inland Empire- Director David lynch- 2006

As an actress starts to adopt the persona of her character in a film, her world starts to become nightmarish and surreal.

Badllands- Terrence Mallick- 1973

Dramatization of the Starkweather-Fugate killing spree of the 1950's, in which a teenage girl and her twenty-something boyfriend slaughtered her entire family and several others in the Dakota badlands.

Deliverance-John Boorman- 1972

Intent on seeing the Cahulawassee River before it's turned into one huge lake, outdoor fanatic Lewis Medlock takes his friends on a river-rafting trip they'll never forget into the dangerous American back-country.

Leaving Las Vegas- Mike Figgis- 1995

Ben Sanderson, an alcoholic Hollywood screenwriter who lost everything because of his drinking, arrives in Las Vegas to drink himself to death. There, he meets and forms an uneasy friendship and non-interference pact with prostitute Sera.

Pollock- Ed Harris- A film about the life and career of the American painter, Jackson Pollock. -2000

CP getting on my case so here we go. picked a bunch of movies i been meaning to see

Inland Empire- Director David lynch- 2006

As an actress starts to adopt the persona of her character in a film, her world starts to become nightmarish and surreal.

Badllands- Terrence Mallick- 1973

Dramatization of the Starkweather-Fugate killing spree of the 1950's, in which a teenage girl and her twenty-something boyfriend slaughtered her entire family and several others in the Dakota badlands.

Deliverance-John Boorman- 1972

Intent on seeing the Cahulawassee River before it's turned into one huge lake, outdoor fanatic Lewis Medlock takes his friends on a river-rafting trip they'll never forget into the dangerous American back-country.

Leaving Las Vegas- Mike Figgis- 1995

Ben Sanderson, an alcoholic Hollywood screenwriter who lost everything because of his drinking, arrives in Las Vegas to drink himself to death. There, he meets and forms an uneasy friendship and non-interference pact with prostitute Sera.

Pollock- Ed Harris- A film about the life and career of the American painter, Jackson Pollock. -2000

But I choose Inland Empire, I've seen and read Deliverance, and I've seen Leaving Las Vegas.

But I choose Inland Empire, I've seen and read Deliverance, and I've seen Leaving Las Vegas.

^^^ Good luck, dude. That's some heavy stuff you have lined up there. I tried to get through Deliverance once, but couldn't do it. I think it had more to do with me not being in the right mood to watch it than anything about the movie itself, but either way its not something you want to take on if you want to stay happy and upbeat.

^^^ Good luck, dude. That's some heavy stuff you have lined up there. I tried to get through Deliverance once, but couldn't do it. I think it had more to do with me not being in the right mood to watch it than anything about the movie itself, but either way its not something you want to take on if you want to stay happy and upbeat.

I'm going Badlands for a Terrence Malick flick...

I've had a busy couple of weeks and haven't been able to watch the last two, but I should be good to go this week.

I'm going Badlands for a Terrence Malick flick...

I've had a busy couple of weeks and haven't been able to watch the last two, but I should be good to go this week.

Back
Top Bottom