Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Ya'll calm the @#$% down, I know it's a wizard movie, my point is I was done with all that after the first couple movies, 7 movies in, they still searchin, lookin, movin, runnin doin all that @#$% for no damn reason.  As I said already, get the hell on with it.  Good guys over here, bad guys over there, now go for it.  Enough with the spells.  Basically, instead of 8 movies, this series should be 4, maybe 5.  They've stretched it out too long and that's wearing on me, that was my point from the beginning. 

I don't care about whatever a Horocrux is, I just wanna see them finish it.  Maybe if they worked a little quicker and done 4 movies, I would care about a Horocrux, but at this point, I don't.  Elder wands, break out of here, break in to there, come on already. 
laugh.gif
  Maybe the books get you thru it much better and I get that, but just going thru the movies only, the pace is killing interest imo.  I'm dead serious thinkin I could have watched #5, and then gone straight to Hallows part 2, and not even felt lost I bet.  That says a lot when you have 2 full movies in between and not a damn thing was done other than more spells and wands.  That's all I was getting at. 

Ya'll calm the @#$% down, I know it's a wizard movie, my point is I was done with all that after the first couple movies, 7 movies in, they still searchin, lookin, movin, runnin doin all that @#$% for no damn reason.  As I said already, get the hell on with it.  Good guys over here, bad guys over there, now go for it.  Enough with the spells.  Basically, instead of 8 movies, this series should be 4, maybe 5.  They've stretched it out too long and that's wearing on me, that was my point from the beginning. 

I don't care about whatever a Horocrux is, I just wanna see them finish it.  Maybe if they worked a little quicker and done 4 movies, I would care about a Horocrux, but at this point, I don't.  Elder wands, break out of here, break in to there, come on already. 
laugh.gif
  Maybe the books get you thru it much better and I get that, but just going thru the movies only, the pace is killing interest imo.  I'm dead serious thinkin I could have watched #5, and then gone straight to Hallows part 2, and not even felt lost I bet.  That says a lot when you have 2 full movies in between and not a damn thing was done other than more spells and wands.  That's all I was getting at. 

I told my buddies I felt like I coulda done without the first three movies... The pace picked up from Goblet of Fire on, and the movies got a lot darker right around then too...

If David Yates had done all the movies, the series would be better for it.

I told my buddies I felt like I coulda done without the first three movies... The pace picked up from Goblet of Fire on, and the movies got a lot darker right around then too...

If David Yates had done all the movies, the series would be better for it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

tumblr_ldufrmQSxu1qa09hyo1_500.jpg

laugh.gif

tumblr_ldufrmQSxu1qa09hyo1_500.jpg

Stretched it too long? I actually feel the complete opposite - they could have gone Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition on MANY of the movies. I wish they were longer and had more detail. The books are so much better than the movies...

And I agree with Dirk: David Yates should have done all of them.

Stretched it too long? I actually feel the complete opposite - they could have gone Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition on MANY of the movies. I wish they were longer and had more detail. The books are so much better than the movies...

Originally Posted by University of Nike

I'm with you.  If anything, the movies aren't detailed enough as compared to books, which I also think are much better than the movies.  

In hindisight, it would have been nice if the director choices on the movies was different.  But I can see why they went with Chris Columbus on the first two.  The books were already huge at that point, so they wanted someone with a proven track record of box office success to get the movie franchise kicked off.  Plus, the first two stories skewed younger, so it made sense to use a guy whose other movies were kid friendly.  Given all that, Columbus was a nice, safe pick.  I'm just glad that they brought in new people as the stories matured and got darker.  

Originally Posted by University of Nike

I'm with you.  If anything, the movies aren't detailed enough as compared to books, which I also think are much better than the movies.  

In hindisight, it would have been nice if the director choices on the movies was different.  But I can see why they went with Chris Columbus on the first two.  The books were already huge at that point, so they wanted someone with a proven track record of box office success to get the movie franchise kicked off.  Plus, the first two stories skewed younger, so it made sense to use a guy whose other movies were kid friendly.  Given all that, Columbus was a nice, safe pick.  I'm just glad that they brought in new people as the stories matured and got darker.  

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

CP hates the series, but has apparently seen all 14 of them. 
laugh.gif

Warner Bros. thanks you.

laugh.gif
  I don't hate the series at all, it's very well done, I'm only saying it's dragging. 

Another one, I LOVE the Saw series, love it.  Great writing, well crafted interweaving of the stories, what're we on now?  Saw 8? 
sick.gif
  They drug this damn storyline the @#$% out.  If they wanted to get long with it, they shoulda went an extra 20 minutes to the first 4 movies, and wrapped it up in 4-5.  Done, neat, simple. 

That's where I'm at here with Potter.  Nothing wrong with the series, I like it, it's just drug on, like JA and his Jason Kidd/D-Will theories. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

CP hates the series, but has apparently seen all 14 of them. 
laugh.gif

Warner Bros. thanks you.

laugh.gif
  I don't hate the series at all, it's very well done, I'm only saying it's dragging. 

Another one, I LOVE the Saw series, love it.  Great writing, well crafted interweaving of the stories, what're we on now?  Saw 8? 
sick.gif
  They drug this damn storyline the @#$% out.  If they wanted to get long with it, they shoulda went an extra 20 minutes to the first 4 movies, and wrapped it up in 4-5.  Done, neat, simple. 

That's where I'm at here with Potter.  Nothing wrong with the series, I like it, it's just drug on, like JA and his Jason Kidd/D-Will theories. 
laugh.gif

Everybody I've talked to that has read the books says they've already left out so much that there's stuff movie-only people like myself are missing a TON of the backstory and details...

I can't imagine they could've combined multiple books into one movie and had this thing have any type of success... With Potter and the fan base they already had built into the franchise, they were pretty well stuck with one movie per book.

Now on Saw, there's no reason to have 8 movies other than you just want to have one in theaters every Halloween and you were just winging the storyline as time went by. I wonder if there ever really was a plan for it from the beginning. I gave up after the third, just lost interest, but it kinda felt like some people felt with Lost, where they were flinging crap against the wall, dragging everything they could out of the story they had and got to the end and were like... Oh +%+#. The end is here now and we don't know what to do.

Everybody I've talked to that has read the books says they've already left out so much that there's stuff movie-only people like myself are missing a TON of the backstory and details...

I can't imagine they could've combined multiple books into one movie and had this thing have any type of success... With Potter and the fan base they already had built into the franchise, they were pretty well stuck with one movie per book.

Now on Saw, there's no reason to have 8 movies other than you just want to have one in theaters every Halloween and you were just winging the storyline as time went by. I wonder if there ever really was a plan for it from the beginning. I gave up after the third, just lost interest, but it kinda felt like some people felt with Lost, where they were flinging crap against the wall, dragging everything they could out of the story they had and got to the end and were like... Oh +%+#. The end is here now and we don't know what to do.

laugh.gif
  @#$% I forgot to add the "now I'm not comparing the 2"  I knew I forgot something. 
laugh.gif

What Dirk said makes sense, I haven't read the books, I'm going movie only with Potter, so I get there are things I am missing, hence me not killing them for it, it's just gone on long enough, I'm ready for some final confrontation time. 

And I don't know what the plan was with Saw.  I honestly was surprised each and every time the movie found a way to pull back to the OG.  It was a pretty decent circle they put together to tie the story up nice and neat, how believable all that was, eh.  They certainly wanted to up the gore/shock/craziness of the puzzles, but that's studios for ya.  They should have cut back a little and stopped it at 4-5, the franchise woulda been a lot more respected if they focused a little better, but they made their cheap money every year for a decade, can't really fault them for that. 

laugh.gif
  @#$% I forgot to add the "now I'm not comparing the 2"  I knew I forgot something. 
laugh.gif

What Dirk said makes sense, I haven't read the books, I'm going movie only with Potter, so I get there are things I am missing, hence me not killing them for it, it's just gone on long enough, I'm ready for some final confrontation time. 

And I don't know what the plan was with Saw.  I honestly was surprised each and every time the movie found a way to pull back to the OG.  It was a pretty decent circle they put together to tie the story up nice and neat, how believable all that was, eh.  They certainly wanted to up the gore/shock/craziness of the puzzles, but that's studios for ya.  They should have cut back a little and stopped it at 4-5, the franchise woulda been a lot more respected if they focused a little better, but they made their cheap money every year for a decade, can't really fault them for that. 

man there wasn't a plan for saw. it was a small time movie that happened to becomes a popular franchise because apparently americans love to watch snuff films and movie studio's like making money

man there wasn't a plan for saw. it was a small time movie that happened to becomes a popular franchise because apparently americans love to watch snuff films and movie studio's like making money

We still need some more reviews for Strangers on a Train, but Dub you are up, so give us your 5 to choose from

Homie posted 8 times since I said this. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We still need some more reviews for Strangers on a Train, but Dub you are up, so give us your 5 to choose from

Homie posted 8 times since I said this. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah I think the first one came out and blew up (rightfully so, it's the best of the series by a mile), and they figured they had a Halloween blockbuster on their hands so they BS'd a storyline and kept it rolling...

The first was awesome. The rest, for me, kinda sucked. They lost me in the second one when the drug abuse broad got chucked in a pool of syringes...

Back
Top Bottom