Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I find it very lame they didn't call it 5 or put the name as something like Scr5am , it's not a reboot/remake so why not just give it a different title?! Very much looking forward to this regardless.
They do this when they don’t want to have teenage kids’ and high school kids’ money left out of the box office, a desired demo for thriller slasher movies… because if it’s called Scream 5, that’s all of a sudden a task for that demographic to catch up on 1-4. At least when they do this title, the generic Scream movie title, it feels like to teenagers they can come into it as a group setting without having context of the original 4.

Movie studios have used this tactic before with Halloween (2007) and other film franchises that have built off previous storylines. They don’t want to leave money on the table they could make.

They do this when they don’t want to have teenage kids and high school kids money left out of the box office, because if it’s called Scream 5, that’s all of a sudden a task for that demographic to catch up on 1-4. At least when they do this title, the generic Scream movie title, it feels like to teenagers they can come into it as a group setting without having context of the original 4.

Movie studios have used this tactic before with Halloween (2007) and other film franchises that have built off previous storylines. They don’t want to leave money on the table they could make.

The 2007 Halloween was a reboot, not a sequel. But 2018’s “Halloween” was a sequel (to the OG Halloween 1 and 2 only, I think). So you’re right that what they’re doing with Scream isn’t unprecedented.

The Fast and The Furious franchise has been doing creative things with the sequel names for a while now.

72BB6E06-E921-461D-8E7D-DCAFBB71F62D.jpeg

0_o

Few good movie podcasts out right now... Bill Simmons and van lathan rewatch Juice was dope, also the ringer podcast network has a 8 part(30minutes each) pod on siskel and Ebert that's been dope so far, also the oral history of scream. All worth a listen if you got time.

The 2007 Halloween was a reboot, not a sequel. But 2018’s “Halloween” was a sequel (to the OG Halloween 1 and 2 only, I think). So you’re right that what they’re doing with Scream isn’t unprecedented.

The Fast and The Furious franchise has been doing creative things with the sequel names for a while now.
Halloween was a direct sequel to the OG only.

People think I'm being a **** and not taking their "which historical figures would you have dinner with" game (which I am) when I say Mr. Rogers. I really would like to pick his brain though, he's the only old white guy no one has anything bad to say about.

Have you seen this?

Back
Top Bottom