Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Best movie of 1993.

1641361010814.gif

The 355 is releasing this weekend? Haven't heard of this movie till now. No reviews on RT. Female cast looks stacked. Usually not a good sign.

Jessica Chastain
Penelope Cruz
Sebastian Stan
Edgar Ramirez
Lupita Nyong’o
Diane Kruger
Fan Bingbing

I was on HBO Max and went in blind on Paul Rudd’s They Came Together (2014) and uh….lol

I’m glad I knew nothing about it because I was laughing like crazy. It felt like a movie
made with an algorithm
in the best way possible. Not every joke hit but I was pleasantly surprised.

MV5BYmFhNGZlNjktZWU3Ni00ZWZkLWIyMWQtZmZkYTE2M2Q5NjFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

The 355 is releasing this weekend? Haven't heard of this movie till now. No reviews on RT. Female cast looks stacked. Usually not a good sign.

Jessica Chastain
Penelope Cruz
Sebastian Stan
Edgar Ramirez
Lupita Nyong’o
Diane Kruger
Fan Bingbing

Yeah, this movie is going to be hot garbage. I can already tell from the previews.

Jessica Chastain as a lead <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< .

TDKR was still peak Nolan? is this your receipt am i not entertained??
Oh I forgot about TDKR :lol:

I guess cuz I don't rate that entire trilogy as top tier I kinda group them altogether not to go too hard.

But yeah, TDKR would be the beginning but imo TDKR is a way worse movie than Interstellar. Its so obvious its a movie Nolan didn't want to really do.

So if anything Interstellar is a step up after that.

I was thinking of Nolan's slight decline outside of that superhero movie trilogy.

Oh I forgot about TDKR :lol:

I guess cuz I don't rate that entire trilogy as top tier I kinda group them altogether not to go too hard.

But yeah, TDKR would be the beginning but imo TDKR is a way worse movie than Interstellar. Its so obvious its a movie Nolan didn't want to really do.

So if anything Interstellar is a step up after that.

I was thinking of Nolan's slight decline outside of that superhero movie trilogy.
You forgot about the best comic movie of the last decade? :wow:

TDK always been overrated to me. I think Heath Ledger's passing hyped up his performance a little too much. I know that sounds terrible but I genuinely believe it. Good movie though.
Not for me. Heath bodied that role.
That guy had thousands of people impersonating his voice, acting on YouTube till this day.
And from that point Joker was made more dark, have long hair versions, and a bit more psychotic.

TDK always been overrated to me. I think Heath Ledger's passing hyped up his performance a little too much. I know that sounds terrible but I genuinely believe it. Good movie though.

I don’t think it’s a terrible thing to say. To me it’s pretty undeniable that there’s a phenomenon with entertainer deaths increasing appreciation/praise of their work, particular entertainers who die young.

Like when musical artists die there’s often a spike in song/record sales and some new people become fans.

TDK is a very good movie, but I agree that it got lauded more than it would have when it first came out because of Ledger’s death.

You forgot about the best comic movie of the last decade? :wow:
:lol:

The Dark Knight Rises was not a good movie :lol:

I hope you're confusing that with The Dark Knight.
Nah 1 movie out from his masterpiece can't count as a decline.
Don't know about the other posts but I'm talking about - Batman trilogy aside - every movie after Inception have been a step down.

All still visually great with strong narratives but lacking in greatness and Nolan excellence. Matter fact even if you count the Bat trilogy I'm talking every movie after Inception:

The Dark Knight Rises
Interstellar
Dunkirk
Tenet.

Was hoping Tenet would be a bounce back or turn to a new era but all those movies are lacking something that The Prestige, Inception, and even Memento have. Tenet was almost like Inception redux just with time travel instead of dreams.

Last edited:
Yeah, this movie is going to be hot garbage. I can already tell from the previews.

Jessica Chastain as a lead <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< .
I'm an AMC A-lister and this movie is a skip for me lol. Movies that come out in Jan-Feb are usually filler until the bigger ones drop from March on. Scream comes out the 14th and I'm tempering my expectations based on the release date. If it was at least coming out in the spring I might have higher hopes for it. I'll likely catch in theaters though just cause I'm a huge fan of the first two movies.

Not for me. Heath bodied that role.
That guy had thousands of people impersonating his voice, acting on YouTube till this day.
And from that point Joker was made more dark, have long hair versions, and a bit more psychotic.

Yeah he was really good. Just not as good as the hype I encountered that Summer. Everywhere I went people were making it seem like it was one of the GOAT movies and performances. I don't think it would have been like that had he not passed months earlier.

Back
Top Bottom