Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Oh, I LOVED Scream 4, but only because of the conspiracy theories we were all giddy over in here. :lol:

There was a few of us sending PM's to each other about what if they went this way instead, or I thought they were about to pull off the greatest etc etc. In the end, they went normal, but for a second there, I thought we were about to see true greatness in a 4th film.

Still, I did enjoy it, and I hope 5 at least comes close.

Could they really not have named it Scream 5?? I mean with Neve, David and Courteney it obviously takes place after the events of 4 and isn't a remake or reboot.

They even got Cal from Titanic’s goon in this second Scream… both came out in 1997…

EAA2718C-5838-40F0-AC85-D9A6BFDE2330.jpeg

235F5B9D-4318-470D-9092-2F7B61D12CC0.jpeg

I was watching this film the other night (on edibles) and I might have already said this and I was too faded to remember……..

But doesn’t it blow your guys minds about the impact this movie had at the time, and how younger generations wouldn’t understand how insane this film was? Like Barrymore being killed off in the opening scene is NUTS! Younger folks wouldn’t even know who she is, or how much of an A-list actress she was at the time.

C CP1708 one of the greatest horror films of all time, and it pisses me off that these youngins could never have their minds blown like audiences did in 96’
Indeed. Having her [Barrymore’s] character killed of in the beginning was a wild move.

Everything about these movies are so 90s as I’m watching…

Jamie Kennedy, Joshua Jackson, Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Courtney Cox, Jerry O’Connell, Michelle Geller, Heather Graham, Tori Spelling, etc. The video stores, the film class discussions, etc.

Love them so far.

Looking at those names and then thinking about the casts of the I Know What You Did Last Summer films, The Faculty, Halloween H20, The Craft, Urban Legend, Disturbing Behavior, and Idle Hands, it’s like every young up and coming actor from 96 to 99 had to do a teen horror film.

Looking at those names and then thinking about the casts of the I Know What You Did Last Summer films, The Faculty, Halloween H20, The Craft, Urban Legend, Disturbing Behavior, and Idle Hands, it’s like every young up and coming actor from 96 to 99 had to do a teen horror film.
And I ain’t ‘eem mad. Horror films > > >

Love the scream series. I’ll throw them on just to fall asleep a night sometimes lol. Seen the first 3 at last 30 + times a piece lol.

ready for the new Halloween too. Liked the last one and expect good things for this one too.

Saw someone mention “Malignant” a few pages back . Man that love for something lol.

this my time of year. Love horror movies. :pimp:

Scream was so good when it came out. It was one of those movies everyone talked about. It was so original and done so well. A major shift in gears for the genre for sure.

I feel like it set off the teen horror wave that followed in the 90's. The box office numbers were bonkers and kids were showing up in masses. I remember a barrage of teen horror films coming right after, one after another.

Definitely still holds up today.

I was watching this film the other night (on edibles) and I might have already said this and I was too faded to remember……..

But doesn’t it blow your guys minds about the impact this movie had at the time, and how younger generations wouldn’t understand how insane this film was? Like Barrymore being killed off in the opening scene is NUTS! Younger folks wouldn’t even know who she is, or how much of an A-list actress she was at the time.

C CP1708 one of the greatest horror films of all time, and it pisses me off that these youngins could never have their minds blown like audiences did in 96’

no way was Drew an Alist Acteess before scream. She had some teen cameos, and some teen films, E.T but that’s it. Some hoochgirl from Batman forever :lol:

when I think of A-list girls at the time, Sandra, Julia, Meryl, JLH, Pheifer, Tomei…

no way was Drew an Alist Acteess before scream. She had some teen cameos, and some teen films, E.T but that’s it. Some hoochgirl from Batman forever :lol:

when I think of A-list girls at the time, Sandra, Julia, Meryl, JLH, Pheifer, Tomei…

Not A-list in terms of acting resume, but fame maybe. Still was the biggest name in the Scream cast at the time. Her and Courtney Cox.

I think you missed the point, but Barrymore is a legendary name, and I'm sorry, but ET alone gets her there. Not to mention Firestarter.

But he meant overall, the cast itself, she was the biggest star of them and she was gone 5 minutes in.

Y’all really think highly of Drew like that?
I don’t think I have been like damn she really killing right now. Had a few cool movies. She been around and stayed but that’s about it.
All I remember when that came out was that they killed some white girl :lol:

yeah I didn’t mean strict definition of a-list, I just meant that she was a HUGE name at the time. One of the most famous actresses in Hollywood at the time off name alone, even if her monetary success wasn’t there at the time.

She was also marketed (even she thought this up until filming her death scene) as the lead in this film. So it was one of the biggest most impactful surprises of all time, and still is.

I don’t think I have been like damn she really killing right now. Had a few cool movies. She been around and stayed but that’s about it.
Yea, I like her a lot.

Her getting off'd in the intro was definitely a surprise for a lot of ppl including me. Her name was established enough to think she was gonna carry the movie especially since it was just a horror film. That was kinna the point tho.

Horror movies up to that point always had any actor with any significant fame in the movie for the majority of the time. So most ppl assumed she'd be in there for a while.

Back
Top Bottom