Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

maxresdefault.jpg

We was in the theater like :sick::sick::sick::stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :wow::wow:

mistycompletebernesemountaindog-max-1mb.gif

Saw "The Rental" and "Let Him Go" last night.

Let Him Go is great revenge thriller. Classic Kostner. It's a builder that burns slow but everytime the tension comes and hits it makes the build up all worth it....trust me. Diane Lane is a 1st Ballot Hall of Fame Gilf, good lawd. I recommend this movie. Got it on Redbox.

The Rental is on Showtime. This one was interesting. Talk about a movie where the plot thickens. There's a couple holes where you may shake your head but I like these kind of horror thillers. There's a few things I really like about it but don't want to give anything away. Alison Brie is always easy to look at too.

Last edited:
Holy **** - I Care A Lot 2/8 for me. Premise was there, Rosamund stellar acting, and overall had a strong start, but then it just got worse and worse.

As soon as Marla somehow escaped from the car at the bottom of the lake I was DONE. From there, it just got more laughable. All of it.

- How the hell did Marla escape death, find her way to a gas station, yet somehow remember the license plate number? :rofl:
- You're telling me Fran would have been alive as well in her scenario?
- Marla & Roman becoming partners? Wtf....

I absolutely loved St. Elmo’s Fire :wow:

Cant believe this was the same year as The Breakfast Club... I’ll have to look into the filming on that one, because Bender’s hair is much shorter in this one despite it being the same year.

Ally Sheedy and Demi Moore 🔥

“You can’t have the Pretenders first album... that’s mine! ... No Springsteen is leaving this house!”

Best Andrew McCarthy performance I’ve seen (haven’t seen many).

Emilio Estevez de-earthed creep vibes... how was this viewed then?

8/8

I was a lazy shut in all weekend. A few things I meant to post for discussion but forgot to get around to it:

-I got about 30 minutes into Nomadland before I had enough. I really wasn’t enjoying any part of it. Felt like I was watching the show Extreme Home Makeover on hgtv. You know, the show about how dude gives a deserving family a new home or whatever. Someone convince me to finish this movie please.

-cranked out the 90’s ninja turtles trilogy. It ranks up there with other TRUE trilogies to me. Even though 3 was pretty bad. Fun fact: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles 3 was never officially subtitled “turles in time.” There was just confusion because of the arcade and Nintendo games with that title, so some DVD releases have the turtles in time cover. I looked in my collection and I in fact own a turtles in time labeled edition.

-binged the 1st season of True Detective again. In my opinion, it’s the best single season of a show of all time. ALSO, the biker gang “who goes there” episode is top 5 single episodes of any show for me. The build up. The suspense. The single take style filming. Wild bat **** crazy action. All the while Clan in Da Front by Wutang plays in the background. *chefs kiss*

-I got about 30 minutes into Nomadland before I had enough. I really wasn’t enjoying any part of it. Felt like I was watching the show Extreme Home Makeover on hgtv. You know, the show about how dude gives a deserving family a new home or whatever. Someone convince me to finish this movie please.

Feel sad movie of the year (I think that was the point) and probably not for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I appreciate brutally honest films about the American struggle through different perspectives though. (ie Menace/Boyz n the Hood, Florida Project, etc.) I think it's interesting to see it in different settings.

Thought the scene with Swankie describing the kayaking and being surrounded by swallow was brilliant, don't know if you made it that far though.

I started Nomadland and fell asleep. I kinda wanted to like it, but I got like an hour in and it felt like nothing happened

saw godzilla king of monsters over the weekend. 5.5/8. had a good time though just turning off the brain and watching monsters fight and destroy whatever was in their path. coach taylor was a terrible casting decision. felt completely out of place.

Saw Palm Springs over the weekend. Interesting take on the "time-looping" premise. Andy Samberg is usually hit or miss for me but he was good in this. Laughs were definitely had.

5.75/8

Back
Top Bottom