Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

come on dog back when that all came out we all knew he knew all them years. joe p IS penn state. nothing gets past him.
I didn't :smh: Granted I have no affection or even slight relation with Penn State. Just knew the place, the team, and coach for what they were mainly known for.

What kind of person cosigns a pedophile for 20+ years and lets said pedophile play with his own kids in the pool?

JoePa's priorties were really solely with football? :smh:

I didn't :smh: Granted I have no affection or even slight relation with Penn State. Just knew the place, the team, and coach for what they were mainly known for.

What kind of person cosigns a pedophile for 20+ years and lets said pedophile play with his own kids in the pool?

It's not even just Paterno. So many people in that @$#$ state of Pennsylvania supported Paterno even after being made aware of his involvement, including people in powerful positions and in the government. I remember people making so many excuses for him and resorting to rioting and victim blaming. It was a damn cult

It's not even just Paterno. So many people in that @$#$ state of Pennsylvania supported Paterno even after being made aware of his involvement, including people in powerful positions and in the government. I remember people making so many excuses for him and resorting to rioting and victim blaming. It was a damn cult
Football is Life to a lot people.

i think it had to do more with his legacy and covering up anything bad happening at penn state. anybody associated like that and you are guilty by association.

so instead of doing the right thing he chose to cover it up to perserve his reputation

a scumbag indeed

just watched that roswell reboot. feels like smallville but with older characters and with a homosexual love story on the side :lol:

Roswell put me on to Shiri Appleby bae. Followed her to a few shows and currently loving UnReal (plus Constance Zimmer :evil::evil:)

Didn't even know there was a Roswell reboot.

The Survivslist (Netflix) 4.9/8

Post apocalyptic survival joint. Started off super strong with an intriguing graphic of the correlation between human population and fossil fuel production over time, then fossil fuel drops and population plummets. 1st 30 seconds, dude is dragging a dead body through the forest. I'm thinking, cool this joint about to be lit.

Wrong. Very slow, boring movie with little payoff, and almost no dialogue. I liked the visuals and the acting performances were believable.

Netflix original series Lost in Space. 1.5/8

No. Just no. Great visuals. Very bad acting and dialogue. Idiotic script. Unlikeable characters with their 1st world problems and teen angst. Soccer mom runs the show over the passive combat vet marine. Actually I'm not even gonna describe the plot any further. Show sucks, not worth your time.

You Were Never Really Here 7/8

Yeah i ****** with this heavy. Score and editing was perfect. Joaquin a beast as usual.

My goodness, Greenwood snapped on this.

Phantom Thread any good?

If you like Maya Rudolf's babies daddy & Daniel Day Lewis, then yes it's worth the watch. If you don't like Paul Thomas Anderson's work (always a huge investment in time :lol:), you won't like it. Movie is meh as far as PTA's work goes but as usual, DDL puts in a stellar performance. It's absolutely amazing how he transforms himself for each of his roles.

Last edited:
Last couple films I've seen recently:

The Phantom Thread: 6/8 - Not as cinematic as I'd hope it would've been, however, DDL's performance is stellar.

You Were Never Really Here: 5.5/8 - Good film overall but felt underwhelmed when it ended.

A Quiet Place: 7/8 - One of the best thrillers I've seen in years. I legit was squirming in my seat throughout the movie. The pregnancy/nail scene is marvelous.

Just binge watched the entire season of Friends From College. 6.9/8. This show just gets me :lol:

Also last night I watched the newest Pirates of the Caribbean. 5.8/8. I've only seen 1 and 2 previously. It was pretty entertaining but obviously not as good as the first 2.

Just started the Last Jedi and this is already next level trash.

Molly’s Game was :pimp: tho. The dynamic with her and pops was good, great acting all around, Chastain looking mighty fine. Kinda want to check the book out to see exactly how all that **** went down, wonder if they got an actual run down of who all was in those games

Back
Top Bottom