Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

that waitress from hell or high water stole the movie for me 
laugh.gif

Saw Manchester by the Sea today as well.

It was excellent, I didn't know how the story would grip me but Affleck and Patrick did a tremendous job. That last walk up the hill carried so much emotion just in body language alone. How they moved, carried themselves, reacted to things, so heavy and weighted and carrying all of the baggage from the story. Affleck truly shined and deserves a ton of praise and recognition for it. Same for the young actor who played Patrick.

Just a really well written and acted drama that kept you engaged throughout. The subtle use of flashbacks was done really well I thought too.

Gotta say it's like the writer wrote this role specifically so Casey could thrive. Whole performance felt tailor made for him. Definitely deserves praise.

The movie was originally gonna be John Krasinski playing the main with Matt Damon directing. Then it was gonna be Matt Damon acting, but he had to pass because of The Martian and suggested Casey. I think it turned out for the best :lol:

Last edited:
For about 2 seconds of Manchester I thought to myself "wow Michelle Williams is pulling off that accent like a goddamn PRO. Too bad it's such a small part otherwise she might get nominated...."

Crazy though. I guess I can agree with the nomination in that I'm not sure many other actresses could have done as good?

I agree though, Patrick da young yamb slayer was great. Did anybody else recognize ol girl from Moonlight Kingdom was one of his side chicks ?
I mean as far pulling off her role, I feel there's entry actresses that could pull off her role.

Amy Adams for one calibeebee :lol: She did the accent in The Fighter. Pretty sure Jessica Chastain too.

Didn't notice that was the same chick from that Moonlight Kingdom

:rofl: :rofl:

God damn I was specifically thinking Amy Adams could never give that kind of performance but didn't wanna say because I've dragged her name through the mud enough :lol:

On a sort of related topic....... I watched Birdman yesterday after watching La La Land the day before..... Holy crap could there be a more drastic difference in character/performance that Emma Stone played? I can't even comprehend how an actress has the ability to play both characters.

i think kevin was fruity as hell from a little kid

thats why they "wrestled"

and i think kevin left that door unlocked cuz either he knew little would come looking for them or he told him to be there
:lol: Young Kev was like "You weird". I knew he was sus when they were looking at each other's private parts in the bathroom, then when Chiron wanders in gets him to too.

HS Kev was wild suspect.

I was talking about young Chiron not coming off gay to me. Then his mom just calling him a ****** and telling Juan look at the way he walks and all that. Like know 9-11 should have to deal with that.

I thought when Chiron walked in on Kev blowing out that chick's back was just a dream based off what he told Chiron about why he got detention.

that waitress from hell or high water stole the movie for me :lol:
She was mad sassy :lol:

Gotta say it's like the writer wrote this role specifically so Casey could thrive. Whole performance felt tailor made for him. Definitely deserves praise.

The movie was originally gonna be John Krasinski playing the main with Matt Damon directing. Then it was gonna be Matt Damon directing, but he had to pass because of The Martian and suggested Casey. I think it turned out for the best :lol:
:rofl: :rofl: Good to know.

I can't see Jim doing it man. Like I've seen him act, be sad and depressed in a few things but he couldn't pull off that loner, socially inept, lash out in anger stuff Casey can easily do.

Hope he eventually thrives on a movie like that though.

:rofl: :rofl:

God damn I was specifically thinking Amy Adams could never give that kind of performance but didn't wanna say because I've dragged her name through the mud enough :lol:
tumblr_n1f86fTROT1rom32lo3_250.gif

You need to get woke some on Amy Adams man :lol:

Last edited:
For about 2 seconds of Manchester I thought to myself "wow Michelle Williams is pulling off that accent like a goddamn PRO. Too bad it's such a small part otherwise she might get nominated...."

Crazy though. I guess I can agree with the nomination in that I'm not sure many other actresses could have done as good?

I agree though, Patrick da young yamb slayer was great. Did anybody else recognize ol girl from Moonlight Kingdom was one of his side chicks ?
Hedges was also in Moonrise Kingdom:

The Expanse season 2 tonight. Gonna be lit.
So ready :smokin

Leonardo DiCaprio to Star in, Produce Paramount Adaptation ‘The Black Hand’

Leonardo DiCaprio will star in and produce an adaptation of Stephan Talty’s book “The Black Hand” for Paramount Pictures.

The true story about the origins of the mafia in America follows Joe Petrosino — nicknamed the “Italian Sherlock Holmes” — an NYPD cop who goes after the ruthless gang in the early 190os. The thugs (with the calling card black hand) migrated from Italy to America, and kidnapped people to extort money from their families. They were loathed by law-abiding Italian families who were frightened, but nevertheless helped Petrosino behind the scenes.

Ellen Goldsmith-Vein and Jeremy Bell of The Gotham Group will produce. DiCaprio’s producing partner, Jennifer Davisson, will also produce with Gotham, as well as Nathaniel Posey on behalf of his Appian Way Productions.

Leonardo DiCaprio to Play 1950s Music Pioneer Sam Phillips in New Film

Talty is the New York Times-bestselling author of six nonfiction books focused on history and individual achievement. As a ghostwriter, Talty’s work includes “A Captain’s Duty,” which was the basis for the 2013 Oscar-nominated Tom Hanks-starrer “Captain Phillips.”

DiCaprio recently starred in “Before the Flood,” the 2016 documentary about climate change directed by Fisher Stevens. He will next play Sam Phillips, a pioneer in the music industry during the 1950s who helped launch the careers of Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, and Jerry Lee Lewis.

Paramount has been busy acquiring material for DiCaprio following his new first-look deal, which he signed in 2015. Appain Way is developing a reboot of the “Captain Planet” series with Glen Powell, among its many projects.

Can't wait :pimp:

Last edited:
Yoooo good catch on kid from moonrise kingdom! He was such a jerk in that movie, I should have recognized him

The martian armor these guys have in The Expanse are ill. This Draper is the cute actress from Wentworth.

Alice's boobs are so nice, and I'm usually just a nipple guy but Lord!

Last edited:
Great Wall hasn't shown more than one clip in there previews, It must be unbareable as a full watch. This isn't even about making money, this is propaganda.

Rings isn't showing much either, they should have left it alone after the first one, it was epic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom