Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Speaking of 90's heyday, anyone remember this?

:pimp:

I'm always going to remember this movie. It wasn't particularly scary. But I'm always going to remember the night I watched that movie. I had thought it'd be funny to jump and scare my sister when she wasn't looking (she was already spooked by the movie), so I did. She got so frightened she fell and looked like she had some kind of seizure.

She won't watch that movie again to this day lol

La La Land, 7.5/8

Movie was just delightful

I could have used more JK Simmons but you could say that for most of his roles

I miss Emma Stone with some more meat on her bones though

Bout to finally check out Twin Peaks. See what the fuss is about since Showtime put the eps available on demand.

It just passed me by when it originally aired. Plus I use to confuse it with other stuff with Peak in the title like Crimson Peak :lol: With it coming back it seems to have a sizeable cult following.

Lol watched Rush Hour again for the first time in more than a decade. Damn that movie was so racist towards Asian ppl lmao. Not sure if most of those jokes would fly in today's twitter and PC age.

Secret in Their Eyes 6/8.

I don't know why it has such low ratings. Pretty good story. In general I assumed a possible twist but it kept me watching and I had no strong clue the longer I watched. Kept me engaged. 1st fakeout reveal was semi-****** up/predictable. The 2nd real reveal was on some Prisoners type **** :wow: :lol:

Chiwetel's performance in this was great. Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts were both good. Hank from BB and Doug from HoC brought them temporary lulz.

:rofl: when homey whipped it out in front of Kidman and Chiwetel when she said he was a boy with a small penis :lol:

Last edited:
Bout to finally check out Twin Peaks. See what the fuss is about since Showtime put the eps available on demand.

It just passed me by when it originally aired. Plus I use to confuse it with other stuff with Peak in the title like Crimson Peak :lol: With it coming back it seems to have a sizeable cult following.

If you like David Lynch stuff generally, you'll like it.

Decided to check out lethal weapon afted the game because a cute girl is in the episode. Why the hell is riggs rocking weird haircut and mustache? He looks like he is from the 80s.

Secret in Their Eyes 6/8.

I don't know why it has such low ratings. Pretty good story. In general I assumed a possible twist but it kept me watching and I had no strong clue the longer I watched. Kept me engaged. 1st fakeout reveal was semi-****** up/predictable. The 2nd real reveal was on some Prisoners type **** :wow: :lol:

Chiwetel's performance in this was great. Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts were both good. Hank from BB and Doug from HoC brought them temporary lulz.

:rofl: when homey whipped it out in front of Kidman and Chiwetel when she said he was a boy with a small penis :lol:
You should watch the original if you haven't seen it. I thought it was pretty damn great, if only a little bit long. The reveals I hope aren't muddled since you know the outcome, but the ending amazed me when I saw it the first time.

Watching Rush Hour makes me wonder when the next martial arts action star is going to emerge. Jackie was the goods man.

Vin Disel and the Rock are great. Like them both. But they're not martial artists.

There's that dude who plays the main character in Ip Man I guess but he's not as charismatic and I like my martial arts movies set in contemporary times.

Probably got to go to the new Daredevil show to find the kind of action I like in the kind of setting I like, but again, not sure if that dude is a martial artist and I doubt he does any of his scenes. Also, I still miss Jackie combining martial arts with comedy. Daredevil is dark with his action.

Jackie had you :wow: and :lol: at his choreography at the same time

Last edited:
Saw a commercial for gotham. They still got the redhead kid from shameless playing a joker character and not actually the joker.

Now You See Me 2 is pretty bad. Bad script. Not that them first one was all that good.

Yet it has Cain, Freeman, Kaplan, Ruffalo, Harrelson, Eisenberg, and Radcliffe in it. Disappointing.

The Raid guys got next. But they need to do more films to get their name out.
It's been this.

From director Gareth Evans to actor playing the main character.

DD Netflix probably the only thing that comes in second to it.

Does anyone have a full list of all the top screeners from this season that are available? I'm not asking for the actual movies, I just have been so busy I don't even know what has become "available."

Anyone nice enough to give me any sort of compiled list of just the absolute best movies of the year (like award nominees) that are out there right now so I can go "get them"?

The Baywatch reboot trailer makes me :lol: but not in a good way

Looks like it's going to be a terrible, unfunny movie. I'm still going to watch though. :wow:

Alexandria Daddario in a swimsuit.

Priyanka Chopra also, potentially, in a swimsuit.

The Rock and Zac Efron in trunks :evil:

Last edited:
This first ep of Twin Peaks is something else man :lol: From the acting, to the tone, ambience - yes this show has a weird ambience, the score especially, this script. It's like they weren't trying to make this look liken it could happen in the real world. Totally made for tv.

It is all so 90s. Don't know if it's a bad thing or good thing yet. Like Fargo has similarities but it has a charm to it. You get wrapped in to it. Twin Peaks so far only has some dialogue going for it while the pacing is slow but not apparently. A lot of random scenes you think are gonna matter to the main plot but I'm not sure it is.

It's David Lynch though so I'm giving it a shot.

Last edited:
I've been off of SNL for a while now but I recorded it tonight since Felicity was on.

Did they fire the whole cast?

It's only Beck Bennett in every Skit, and Baldwin doing Trump.

Only a short way in but wow..........they need to get it together.

sidenote: Always liked Cecily and Kate though Kate is too skinny now but, Vanessa Bayer, boy she is low key looking right with that woman weight. Ol' Hips and Thighs are looking RIGHT!

Last edited:
Man you guys were talking about Blue is the Warmest Color the other day. I looked up their bed scenes. Damn that ish is basically pron lmao

I've been off of SNL for a while now but I recorded it tonight since Felicity was on.

Did they fire the whole cast?

It's only Beck Bennett in every Skit, and Baldwin doing Trump.
Only a short way in but wow..........they need to get it together.

sidenote: Always liked Cecily and Kate though Kate is too skinny now but, Vanessa Bayer, boy she is low key looking right with that woman weight. Ol' Hips and Thighs are looking RIGHT!
When was the last time you watched regularly? When Tina and Amy were running things or even further back? :lol:

The show is usually this bad and has been that way for a while minus the political opening skits. Didn't help the real funny ppl have left to make funny tv shows or movies.

This ep was worse than usual just cuz Felicity has no comedic presence. For such a good actor (yeah I know it's live so it's different) she was fumbling lines and seemed nervous and it messed up her timing.

Back
Top Bottom