Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Hell on Wheels back :pimp:

What the **** at the ending of Everest. I didn't pay attention to time so they had me fooled thinking Jake's character would inevitably show up and save the other dude :smh: Boy was I wrong :lol: :smh:

I know it's based off a true event but damn. That ending. 5.8/8 to the movie [emoji]127909[/emoji], 7/8 on the rating scale for the ending.

WHere did you watch it in it's Entirety?
A few weeks ago they had screenings in Santa Monica. Think they had some in new york too 
Dope
pimp.gif

read this a few mintes ago

"ESPN is so proud of the film that the network released it in theaters for a week  so that it can qualify for an Oscar in February 2017. The film has already been shown at both the Tribeca Film Festival and Sundance Film Festival"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how-to-watch-the-o-j-simpson-documentary-o-j-made-in-america/

100 on Metacritc
sick.gif

Released in Theatres so it could be Oscar qualified
pimp.gif

The Lobster was ******* great. Should've watched this so much sooner.

Such a weird and out there sci-fi. Thought I liked it as much as Ex Machina but I love it even more cuz of the premise and humor (at least what I found hilarious).

The whole thing is like a 2 hr Twilight Zone/Black Mirror ep. The concept and premise are just too rich.

Then the 2nd half presenting this society counter to the one in control was just as ****** up. The ending was so bittersweet cuz of that.

The fake acting and dialogue for it was brilliant :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ; making out as the parents played, overselling the marriage with talk of trips to the Mediterranean, the fight between dude with the limp and John, "I'm not crying I just washed my face", punching the girl, the 2 slaps in this, making the maids give the males blue balls, "Are you nearsighted?", etc. Just too many hilarious things going on. Had me like who are these ppl? :lol:

Colin Farrell and John C. Reilly were great. Rachel Weisz :evil: :smokin Same for the dude with the limp and all of the actresses (who I didn't recognize and don't know their names except for Rachel). They portrayed this awkward situation superbly.

This definitely getting a bunch of rewatches. 7.5/8

Last edited:
The Lobster was ******* great. Should've watched this so much sooner.

Such a weird and out there sci-fi. Thought I liked it as much as Ex Machina but I love it even more cuz of the premise and humor (at least what I found hilarious).

The whole thing is like a 2 hr Twilight Zone/Black Mirror ep. The concept and premise are just too rich.

Then the 2nd half presenting this society counter to the one in control was just as ****** up. The ending was so bittersweet cuz of that.

The fake acting and dialogue for it was brilliant :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ; making out as the parents played, overselling the marriage with talk of trips to the Mediterranean, the fight between dude with the limp and John, "I'm not crying I just washed my face", punching the girl, the 2 slaps in this, making the maids give the males blue balls, "Are you nearsighted?", etc. Just too many hilarious things going on. Had me like who are these ppl? :lol:

Colin Farrell and John C. Reilly were great. Rachel Weisz :evil: :smokin Same for the dude with the limp and all of the actresses (who I didn't recognize and don't know their names except for Rachel). They portrayed this awkward situation superbly.

This definitely getting a bunch of rewatches. 7.5/8

:wow: I had no idea what what the movie was about. It looked like a lame comedy/drama but you made it sound so much cooler! Def gonna give it a watch

^ If you're in to that really awkward situational humor or weird characters unintentionally being funny like Jared from Silicon Valley, you'll enjoy it for that alone.

The Lobster was def an enjoyable watch. Felt it was a bit long but overall very good movie.
Yeah when I saw it was 2 hrs in expecting and intense drama. I knew about the premise beforehand but I wasn't expecting humor to come out of it. Kinda was a downer near the end but story wise it was satisfying.

Maybe they could've shaved off 10-15 min.

The Lobster: bruh, I'm 15 minutes in and can't stop laughing.
Every scene is hilarious! The "man alone-man and woman together" skits are Gold.

Colin's character in the room

Room service: "how many darts did you use today
Colin: 12
Room service: replaces 12 darts
Room service: Take your trowsers down
Colin: Can we not today, it's just horrible
Room servic: yes but it's important for relations when you get a partner
Colin: takes pants down and lies on bed
Room service: lifts skirt, sets on his private and grinds
Room service: **gets off once he's erect and sais you got erect much quicker than yesterday
Colin: just a few more minutes please
Room service: no
Colin: just awful
:lol: :rofl: :lol:

The nose bleed trick :lol:

Last edited:
Anyone seen Noel Clarke's movies Kidulthood and Adulthood? British urban flicks. Didn't know he was doing a trilogy and i think the final installment is coming out soon.

If you enjoyed Top Boy on Netflix you'll probably like the movies. Lot's of blud and bruv talk. :lol:

Last edited:
Tried watching Kidulthood but I couldn't understand half of what they said and i didn't think it was good enough to read the subtitles. 

:lol: Understandable. I didn't think the sequel was all that great. Movie was ten years ago, and cats compared to the British version of Kids, that's why i initially watched it. Was genuinely shocked he put out a third part after all these years.

Kids is really gen x and about aids from what i remember so i don't think it's anything like it. Haven't watched it in 15 years and it must've aged horribly. It does have an awesome soundtrack though. 

The budget for Brotherhood probably isn't all that high. it wouldn't be too hard to scrape together enough financing since there's already audience for it. The UK gives you a 25% rebate on what you spend too. 

Anybody ever watch that show on stars called OUTLANDER? Is it any good? Is it in any way related to the highlander series? The description makes it sound so

Anyone seen Noel Clarke's movies Kidulthood and Adulthood? British urban flicks. Didn't know he was doing a trilogy and i think the final installment is coming out soon.

If you enjoyed Top Boy on Netflix you'll probably like the movies. Lot's of blud and bruv talk. :lol:

I loved Kidulthood and the sequel. Looking forward to seeing Brotherhood.

Finally got to Zootopia last night. Very good, as other on here have posted. 7.25/8. Really enjoyed the mystery plot line and thought the voice performances were excellent. Very sophisticated themes and very timely. My son liked it a lot as well.

Anybody ever watch that show on stars called OUTLANDER? Is it any good? Is it in any way related to the highlander series? The description makes it sound so

I liked it. The lead actress is so gorgeous. I stopped watching after the first half of season 1 though, I was watching too many shows. It's not connected to the highlander series, it is based in Scottland though. The show is an adaptation of popular books.

I saw the first ep during a day Starz was giving free previews of all their original series. If I remember right, that's the one about some WW2 nurse time travelling to like 18th century Scotland for some other war. I know ppl are raving about it and it has its cult following.

From what I remeber it didn't grab my attention or interest me much. Seemed like it was super BBC produced down to some accents incould barely understand. Real British if you know what I mean; rain, muted colors, London getting bombed to ****, everybody proper, etc. The main chick was an interesting character though.

I ain't probably the fairest reviewer given I only caught one ep.

I can see it in Dorian's every face, he's had about enough of Lily's cult of Women.

Last edited:
I wish Dorian would just release his true self on these fools. He keeps them alive to appease Lily :lol: The ep they show his painting is gonna be too wild. I wonder if they'll dedicate a season to him as the antagonist after this.

I feel like Justine gonna die but I want to see her have sex first.

Ethan vs. Dracula :smokin

Vanessa :smh: Mother of Evil for real. I knew something was off the way she reacted to the Apache contacting her and having red pupils. He was a bit snarky though.

Back
Top Bottom