Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

IMDb ‏@IMDb · 2h2 hours ago

Happy 25th birthday, @emrata! [emoji]127881[/emoji]

:nerd: @ChampCruThik - where you at. I need an EmRata b-day photo montage, stat.

I've had a hard time picturing John Krasinski in this kind of role. Not expecting much.
About to check out 13 hours.

Added: Not, really sure how to feel about this film. Too much comedy? It worked well though? It worked well yes.

Visually stunning, visually confusing, plot is a mess, is there a plot? What happened? What is this? I can't stop watching. This is insane!

Thoughts after view: :wow: I have to watch this again, right now.

This was a great Play-by-Play
No it wasn't :lol: But maybe I'm not noticing your sarcasm.

Son post as he watched like it was a tv show.

I thought it was funny.

I've had a hard time picturing John Krasinski in this kind of role. Not expecting much.
About to check out 13 hours.

Added: Not, really sure how to feel about this film. Too much comedy? It worked well though? It worked well yes.

Visually stunning, visually confusing, plot is a mess, is there a plot? What happened? What is this? I can't stop watching. This is insane!

Thoughts after view:
eek.gif
I have to watch this again, right now.
This was a great Play-by-Play
laugh.gif

Man I was feeling all of those things at the same time pretty much.

Man I love that Movie.

Second watch I was tuned all the way in.

DOPE DOPE DOPE story to me man.

Man I just watched Cape Fear for the 1st time tonight.......shortly after watching A Bronx Tale......

I gotta say, even though De Niro has won 2 oscars and been nominated 5 other times, I feel like he's still mad under rated. He never gets mentioned in GOAT status conversations and I think he should be. Dude can transform with the best of em.

His string of random paycheck type movies isn't helping his case but damn he was just up for an Oscar 3 years ago. Anyways Cape Fear = Hannibal lector type performance from Rob D. 6.5/8

The Boat scene on in the Cape on the Water where he had the flare and was praying in tongues. Dude killed that scene.

And the ever so Brilliant and Sexy Juliette Lewis, that is when I fell in lust with her for the first time. 

Loved her ever since.

I prefer the OG with Peck but DeNiro did his thing in the remake. One of the few remakes that are really good.

DeNiro is definitely in the GOAT conversation

He's gotta be. Though he's taken some very questionable roles over the years, but I believe he does it with Tribeca in mind.

Raging Bull

Mean Streets is low-key one of my favorites

:pimp:

saw zootopia. great disney film. jason bateman mailed it as fox and jennifer as hops. them underlying society undertones though. 7/8.

Finally caught the latest Penny Dreadful.

Vanessa put it on Dracula something fierce. 
laugh.gif

devil.gif

I see why he's so enamored with her.

Hectate. 
frown.gif

Ethan's Apache Pops must've gotten his hands on a senzu bean because tip-toeing on death's door.

Victor picked the absolute worst time to try and rescue Lily. Lily's apprentice gonna catch the fade from Dorian by season's end.

Interested in seeing how this all plays out.

Also I really was expecting Lucifer to show up and cockblock his brother when Vanessa was riding Dracula :lol: You know he mad. He only smashed via possession the first time.

I forgot to bring it up, it was mentioned by the new chick introduced this ep but she mentioned that Dracula had a right hand man who was known as a corrupter. I'm pretty sure that's Dorian Gray :pimp:

I'm loving how they're connecting these character but they've still yet to have these ppl in the same room so all can be revealed; Vanessa, Ethan, Lily, Victor, Dorian, Frankenstein, etc.

Last edited:
lily's angry prostitute army is scary. Justine bae is crazy, sounding like she wants to kill every man she sees.

Penny_dreadful_3.06_No_Beast_So_Fierce-–-Justine-and-Victor.png

Last edited:
Also I really was expecting Lucifer to show up and cockblock his brother when Vanessa was riding Dracula
laugh.gif
You know he mad. He only smashed via possession the first time.

I forgot to bring it up, it was mentioned by the new chick introduced this ep but she mentioned that Dracula had a right hand man who was known as a corrupter. I'm pretty sure that's Dorian Gray
pimp.gif

I'm loving how they're connecting these character but they've still yet to have these ppl in the same room so all can be revealed; Vanessa, Ethan, Lily, Victor, Dorian, Frankenstein, etc.
Yeah it would be interesting.

Ethan seeing Lily again as literally a new person then seeing her with Dorian and realizing Gray got in both their guts.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

It's like a big eskimo circle. Most of them have gotten with each other.

The actor who plays Viktor has one of the most cracked out looking faces i've seen. If you google drug addict then you'd see the character's face on images.

Vikander :evil:

Faasbender :pimp:

Haven't seen Rachael Weiss in a MINUTE :frown:

Same director as Blue Valentine and Place Beyond the Pines :smokin

matter fact, Vikander is killing the game right now. She's in the new Bourne Movie coming up. and this gem

Vikander, Waltz, and Judy Dench, that make's 3 Oscar winners :pimp:

Edit****Also Terrance Malik has a movie already completed...........peep the cast list....

Michael Fassbender
Ryan Gosling
Rooney Mara
Natalie Portman
Christian Bale
Cate Blanchett
Val Kilmer
Benicio Del Toro

2016 Trying to give 1994 a run for its money with the epic movies

Last edited:
Movie a day? Dope!

Sidenote: flipping through Netflix and finally decided to give Begin Again a try. Two minutes in and I'm not in the mood for this story.

Going to rewatch the new 'Old Boy'
Have the itch for some pointless debauchery and dope sound

Last edited:
On second thought, I have a taste for some Carey Mulligan. Going to watch another one of my favorites from Nicholas, also pointless debauchery: Drive

Edit: This score is so dope. I also love credits that are in Pink cursive.

Last edited:
I think i'm one of the few who liked the new old boy. It wasn't terrible. If people didn't have the OG to compare it to then I think they'd like it more.

People are still excited for a Malick fim, why ?

2016 Trying to give 1994 a run for its money with the epic movies

Outside of maybe 6 upcoming films, 2016 is no where near looking epic, imo

I think 2014 was a great year for film.

2007 was one of my favorite years for film releases in recent memory.

Back
Top Bottom